RE7 on wiiu realistic?

#21DerekRossPosted 7/22/2014 10:14:07 PM
Shibuto posted...
Do people fail their business courses? In my high school it was required to take business courses I found them fascinating actually...

Capcom probably did. lol
#22ArabrockermanXPosted 7/22/2014 10:26:56 PM
Shibuto posted...
DerekRoss posted...
Capcom is worth almost nothing at the moment. Any company can buy them but there are risks. Nintendo might have to take it to rejuvenate it's place in the console space. I can almost guarantee you that Nintendo is at least talking to Capcom about buying Megaman from them. Capcom doesn't use him and they need money which Nintendo have. Maybe that is one of the reason he is in Smash.

Umm they have a market cap currently in near 2 billion in order for Nintendo to take over they need nearly double to do that to acquire not only the company alone but resources and personnel they currently own plus IPs and their respective fees.

They're not THQ...Capcom is not going bankrupt they only gave the opportunity for a takeover nothing more or less, they are not in trouble nor are they going downhill. Just because they are not releasing the games you want doesn't mean they are worthless...

Capcom not going down hill? LoL the only reason the investors didn't renew the protection is because the company is already well on its way down the hill...

But I agree Nintendo won't spend the money nor is it worth a purchase... Buying Capcom also means you buy the mess they've become over the last generation.... It isn't like just buying IPs from a bankruptcy auction, Nintendo will have to honor their contracts/debts.
#23Zellio2014Posted 7/22/2014 10:52:54 PM
Shibuto posted...
DerekRoss posted...
Capcom is worth almost nothing at the moment. Any company can buy them but there are risks. Nintendo might have to take it to rejuvenate it's place in the console space. I can almost guarantee you that Nintendo is at least talking to Capcom about buying Megaman from them. Capcom doesn't use him and they need money which Nintendo have. Maybe that is one of the reason he is in Smash.

Umm they have a market cap currently in near 2 billion in order for Nintendo to take over they need nearly double to do that to acquire not only the company alone but resources and personnel they currently own plus IPs and their respective fees.

They're not THQ...Capcom is not going bankrupt they only gave the opportunity for a takeover nothing more or less, they are not in trouble nor are they going downhill. Just because they are not releasing the games you want doesn't mean they are worthless...

Uh, I agree with most everything you said, but Capcom IS going downhill. They've been having money trouble for quite awhile.
#24Zellio2014Posted 7/22/2014 10:54:21 PM
Shibuto posted...
DerekRoss posted...
TalesRevenant posted...

Also: You can't buy an IP from a company as big as Capcom. Capcom wouldn't sell their IPs individually. That's a completely moronic/illogical business decision and their investors wouldn't let them.

Capcom and moronic, what's new? It's funny you even mentioned that tbh. Having a huge franchise and let it rot? Changing your best IP to cater a market where the series's focus was the exact opposite? How about continuing terrible dlc practice after heavy backlash? Wouldn't be suprised if Capcom traded their Resident Evil IP for Homefront.

Do people fail their business courses? In my high school it was required to take business courses I found them fascinating actually...

It sounds like you failed if you think Capcom isn't in trouble.
#25ArabrockermanXPosted 7/22/2014 11:17:32 PM
Artillatron7 posted...
Shibuto posted...
They were looking for acquisitions years ago they're not looking for anyone actively.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/01/31/nintendo-is-now-considering-mergers-and-new-game-studio-acquisitions/

So January 31, 2014 equals years ago?

No they won't even consider buying a publisher as large as Capcom... This will target studios more like Rareware(not current Rare)/Monolith/Retro. They aren't going to start buying major publishers like Sega/Capcom it isn't smart business to do so.
#26ElectricMolePosted 7/22/2014 11:24:54 PM
Tadamoto6 posted...
Only if Nintendo buys Capcom. Like everyone is wanting them too.

except capcom, and nintendo.

nintendo doesnt want to be a third party publisher for sony and microsoft and pc. did you forget they made and still make games for those platforms from over 10 years back?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#27squatch22Posted 7/23/2014 12:56:20 AM
It would be a zombie apocalypse game, so no. Not very realistic
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#28ShibutoPosted 7/24/2014 10:03:56 AM
Zellio2014 posted...
It sounds like you failed if you think Capcom isn't in trouble.

You're failing if you think they are.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#29AstralFrostPosted 7/24/2014 10:06:21 AM
The chance of this is basically a negative number.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#30shoggothsnackPosted 7/24/2014 10:08:23 AM
Have you played RE6 TC? I hadn't until about a month ago. I picked it up for eight bucks at Gamestop, and thought "I know this game is supposed to be bad, but for eight dollars surely i can get some kind of enjoyment out of it". It is literally one of the worst games i have ever played. I beat the prologue, played about fifteen minutes of Leon's campaign, and i never plan on putting it back in my 360. Complete waste of eight dollars.