If you think about it nintendo can never really die and always will win

#1Big_Boss1432Posted 7/21/2014 11:50:07 PM
almost every gen I think a pretty high percentage of gamers get a nintendo console strictly for the first party and exclusives. I myself have always said since the ps1 came out, "never going back". Then I see the classic mario, zelda, metroid and now smash bros and then I say "lol jk". There a tons of people like me. No one goes out and buys a sony console or xbox just for single party games but for third party. I mean even when the wii still had little 3rd party support it still outsold the ps3 and 360 marginally. Why? Cause people will always buy nintendo consoles for the classic franchises. Xbox and sony change their mascots so much its hard to buy them without being iffy if the new ip by the same devs will be good. But mario, zelda, metroid and smash; those games will always be objectively good (of course fans will tear them up, but as games they're always solid). I myself find it iffy on getting a ps4 just because I'm not sure on dishing out 400$ only to take a gamble if the games coming up are going to be worth the 400 plus the 60 I have to spend for each game ( I am pretty hyped for the evil within, destiny and uncharted; but I'm not sure if I want to dish out all that money). But the wii u? That there is good ol reliable! Ya can't go wrong with smash, zelda, mario, mario kart and now they have bayonetta! Idk its baffling when people say nintendo is going to die or lulz at its exsisting. Even graphically behind, people still buy nintendo consoles!
---
This is for all the people that label themselves as "True"gamers http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyRSYhLn4RCI
#2SBias73Posted 7/22/2014 12:18:51 AM(edited)
And yes while I buy Nintendo consoles, and have owned all the United States consoles released, while never buying a competitors console... (It's not because of hate it is because I am happy with my purchases.) I am now 40, my gaming has slowed considerably. This might just be my last console ride.

The newer generation that loves the 1st person games, and are loyal Microsoft and Sony fans. They aren't buying Nintendo, they didn't play Ocarina on the 64, or Super Metroid on the SNES. They don't care. Yes it is quite possible for Nintendo to lose, and eventually dry up, because especially in this generation so far, they don't seem to be dragging in any new fans.
---
Nin ID: Sbias73
Add me. I could talk about gaming all day.
#3Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 12:21:06 AM
SBias73 posted...
And yes while I buy Nintendo consoles, and have owned all the United States consoles released, while never buying a competitors console... (It's not because of hate it is because I am happy with my purchases.) I am now 40, my gaming has slowed considerably. This might just be my last console ride.

The newer generation that loves the 1st person games, and are loyal Microsoft and Sony fans. They aren't buying Nintendo, they didn't play Ocarina on the 64, or Super Metroid on the SNES. They don't care. Yes it is quite possible for Nintendo to lose, and eventually dry up, because especially in this generation so far, they don't seem to be dragging in any new fans.

All my family in mexico and here in the us owns a wii u cause its cheaper and it has people they recognize and love. That's a pretty ignorant statement right there. I mean they do own the other consoles, but they always start out with a nintendo one first and get the games that will always be good.
---
This is for all the people that label themselves as "True"gamers http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSYhLn4RCI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyRSYhLn4RCI
#4SBias73Posted 7/22/2014 12:30:05 AM(edited)
Big_Boss1432 posted...
SBias73 posted...

All my family in mexico and here in the us owns a wii u cause its cheaper and it has people they recognize and love. That's a pretty ignorant statement right there. I mean they do own the other consoles, but they always start out with a nintendo one first and get the games that will always be good.

Actually no my friend it isn't ignorant. What I am saying is while you and I, and obviously your family love Nintendo and we enjoy the classics, and go crazy for their franchises. This generation is not pulling in the new fans. The ones buying the machine right now are the ones that are the Nintendo fans. As I stated above this might be the last console I buy. I am getting a little long in the tooth, and I am not gaming anywhere near what I was the last generation, or the one before. They need to keep sucking in the fans, the people that they can wow with the quality of the products they produce. If it's just us, how long can they survive on that?
---
#5Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 12:37:18 AM
SBias73 posted...
Big_Boss1432 posted...
SBias73 posted...

Actually no my friend it isn't ignorant. What I am saying is while you and I, and obviously your family love Nintendo and we enjoy the classics, and go crazy for their franchises. This generation is not pulling in the new fans. The ones buying the machine right now are the ones that are the Nintendo fans. As I stated above this might be the last console I buy. I am getting a little long in the tooth, and I am not gaming anywhere near what I was the last generation, or the one before. They need to keep sucking in the fans, the people that they can wow with the quality of the products they produce. If it's just us, how long can they survive on that?

There's always going to be families that don't want to expose their children to crap or just "violent" games, so they'll end up growing up with Nintendo like we did. My cousins whose about in 6th grade was in a COD fad for about a year continually playing black ops 2. Then he dusted off his gamecube/wii (the statrter console for him) played mario sunshine and galaxy, and bought a wii u for super mario 3d land and LOZ ww HD. People like to go with what they know. Nintendo has always got that.
---
#6SBias73Posted 7/22/2014 12:41:27 AM
I hope your right. I always looked at Nintendo as the Disney of gaming. It's for everyone.
---
#7Big_Boss1432(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 12:46:48 AM
SBias73 posted...
I hope your right. I always looked at Nintendo as the Disney of gaming. It's for everyone.

10 million console as of 2014 on the wii, ps3 and xbox 360 at barely 80 mill. I think we're good :D
---