Which Nintendo console do you think had the worst 3rd party support?

#1monkeyspoonPosted 7/22/2014 3:44:23 AM
Which Nintendo console do you think had the worst 3rd party support? - Results (500 votes)
Nes
0.8% (4 votes)
Snes
0.6% (3 votes)
N64
23.8% (119 votes)
GameCube
7.2% (36 votes)
Wii
13.4% (67 votes)
WiiU
54.2% (271 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I think the wiiu has the worst 3rd party support of any Nintendo console.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.
#2ToozinPosted 7/22/2014 3:52:03 AM(edited)
It's looking like Wii U will take this easily, but it's not really fair to judge it before its time. Things could change.

As for systems with full life cycles, I think N64 takes is.

Edit: I assume you mean least ammount of 3rd party releases, and not lowest quality of 3rd party games released.
#3fire2boxPosted 7/22/2014 3:56:30 AM
Toozin posted...
It's looking like Wii U will take this easily, but it's not really fair to judge it before its time. Things could change.

Edit: I assume you mean least ammount of 3rd party releases, and not lowest quality of 3rd party games released.

Wii U's been out for 2+ years. EA's gone on record to say they are ignoring it, ubisoft brought a exclusive on, it didn't sell well and now Watch Dogs is delayed months. (Not that its a great game even on PC.)
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#4ToozinPosted 7/22/2014 3:59:39 AM
fire2box posted...
Toozin posted...

Wii U's been out for 2+ years. EA's gone on record to say they are ignoring it, ubisoft brought a exclusive on, it didn't sell well and now Watch Dogs is delayed months. (Not that its a great game even on PC.)

Agreed, things don't look good. But there's still time for a turnaround, however unlikely it may be. All those other systems had 6+ years of ongoing support to judge from, so it's a little unfair in that regard.
#5EoinPosted 7/22/2014 4:01:41 AM(edited)
Toozin posted...

I think the Wii U's third party future is fairly easy to predict - major publishers will port some of their remaining Xbox 360/PS3 releases over to Wii U, and indie developers will support the eShop to an extent. I cannot see where any major change to that will come from.

Toozin posted...
I assume you mean least ammount of 3rd party releases, and not lowest quality of 3rd party games released.

I'd assume "worst" meant a combination of both - that the console with the worst support would be the console with the smallest number of worthwhile third party games. It wouldn't make much sense to consider either quality or quantity in isolation.
#6_Candice_Posted 7/22/2014 4:02:07 AM
On the Wii, people had to beg for third parties that werent shovelware crap.

At least the N64 had Blast Corps, Conker, Rush and South Park.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#7X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/22/2014 4:08:51 AM
This isn't open for debate is it? It is definitely the Wii U?
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 7/22/2014 4:13:39 AM
Wii U. No one seems to want to make games for it.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 4:51:31 AM
I have no idea why people are voting for n64. That had lots of 3rd party support and 3rd party exclusives.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.
#10sonyfangirlPosted 7/22/2014 5:12:51 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
I have no idea why people are voting for n64. That had lots of 3rd party support and 3rd party exclusives.

Come on U know it did not.