Which Nintendo console do you think had the worst 3rd party support?

#101monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:01:50 AM
vermilion99 posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
vermilion99 posted...
STN79 posted...
OMG are you people really this stupid or just completely ignorant of the N64 era? That thing barely had support at all. Nintendo was the only reason it stayed afloat. They had literally only two games on launch day. They were Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64. PS1 nearly put Nintendo into an early grave that year. Third parties saw that Nintendo was still using carts and ran screaming! It was awful until the first party stuff started to kick off.

You can tell the difference between the people who were actually gaming during that era and the people who are using revisionist history. The N64 had terrible 3rd Party support compared to the PS, but it still had better support over the long run than the WiiU is going to get. Also, the N64 sold twice as much as the GameCube and the WiiU won't get close to its numbers so not sure why you think they were almost put in the "grave."

Once again, can anyone please tell me what 3rd Party WiiU retail games your looking forward to this year and next year.

Exactly. The N64 was the go to console for 3d platformers. Many current devs learnt the trade on N64. Sucker punch made rocket robot on wheels. Rockstar made body harvest. There was other 3d games like Silicon Valley and glover etc. Plenty of driving and sports games.

I expect those who say otherwise were too young to remember.

The fact that nobody can come up with a retail WiiU 3rd Party title that they are interested in this year or next speaks volumes.

In the n64 era there was always a 3rd party title I was looking forward to. Most of the time it was exclusive. I can't think of a single 3rd party wiiu game I want.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.
#102vermilion99Posted 7/23/2014 6:13:02 AM
Exactly. You no it's bad when an E3 comes and goes and you can't think of one 3rd party title coming out.
#103BombermanGoldPosted 7/23/2014 6:35:31 AM
The N64, while the 3rd party list on it was kinda short, is also crazy notable in that the titles it DID get were damn impressive (aside from lack of FMV stuffs). Some of the ports it got of games from the 32-bit systems were indeed the better ports.

The exclusive 3rd party games were equally as impressive.

Gamecube ran a bit slow starting out, but due to finally getting off of that cartridge format, developers could finally do what they wanted with the system. Capcom obviously threw in crazy amounts of support for the console, and the GC did wind up with a few interesting oddballs the other consoles didn't even get at the time (Ikaruga was one HELL of a surprise).

Also, didn't both the N64 and GC have sports games released to those systems?

With how much money is being thrown around soo damn much in game development, it's no wonder most developers are shying away from a console (Wii U) that does not look promising to them sales-wise. Doesn't help that Nintendo always wants to be the different one, which, on one hand is pretty damn bold, but on the other is still a risky business move that could cost them in the long run (though the DS is pretty much their anchor, so they're safe for a long damn time).
---
"I will be your superhero!!!"
Xbox GT & PSN ID: BombermanGOLD
#104GeminiX7Posted 7/23/2014 6:40:04 AM
WiiU is the only right answer. N64 and GC had less 3rd party titles than say, Sony did, but they had some high quality third party titles. Wii at least had a crapload of owners, so porting/third party titles were enticing to make(even if most were low quality). WiiU has the worst of both worlds.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#105ps4ponyreturnsPosted 7/23/2014 7:01:36 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
vermilion99 posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
vermilion99 posted...
STN79 posted...
OMG are you people really this stupid or just completely ignorant of the N64 era? That thing barely had support at all. Nintendo was the only reason it stayed afloat. They had literally only two games on launch day. They were Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64. PS1 nearly put Nintendo into an early grave that year. Third parties saw that Nintendo was still using carts and ran screaming! It was awful until the first party stuff started to kick off.

You can tell the difference between the people who were actually gaming during that era and the people who are using revisionist history. The N64 had terrible 3rd Party support compared to the PS, but it still had better support over the long run than the WiiU is going to get. Also, the N64 sold twice as much as the GameCube and the WiiU won't get close to its numbers so not sure why you think they were almost put in the "grave."

Once again, can anyone please tell me what 3rd Party WiiU retail games your looking forward to this year and next year.

Exactly. The N64 was the go to console for 3d platformers. Many current devs learnt the trade on N64. Sucker punch made rocket robot on wheels. Rockstar made body harvest. There was other 3d games like Silicon Valley and glover etc. Plenty of driving and sports games.

I expect those who say otherwise were too young to remember.

The fact that nobody can come up with a retail WiiU 3rd Party title that they are interested in this year or next speaks volumes.

In the n64 era there was always a 3rd party title I was looking forward to. Most of the time it was exclusive. I can't think of a single 3rd party wiiu game I want.

Yeah right monkeyspoon
#106vermilion99Posted 7/23/2014 7:16:35 AM
Again, nobody can come up with 1 WiiU 3rd Party title they are anticipating this year or next but still trying to argue. Sad.
#107dankeyspaanPosted 7/23/2014 7:23:09 AM
vermilion99 posted...
Again, nobody can come up with 1 WiiU 3rd Party title they are anticipating this year or next but still trying to argue. Sad.

I can!
#108monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 7:23:22 AM
vermilion99 posted...

I agree. The worst troll on gfaqs called jobvd can't come up with one.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.
#109dankeyspaanPosted 7/23/2014 7:25:48 AM
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software
#110dankeyspaanPosted 7/23/2014 7:33:19 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
vermilion99 posted...

I agree. The worst troll on gfaqs called jobvd can't come up with one.

Project cars. *ponyfail*