Which Nintendo console do you think had the worst 3rd party support?

#151STN79Posted 7/24/2014 3:24:59 AM
Pretty sure Sony systems are loaded with shovelware just like any other company.
Isn't it always volume people are talking about? Sony has more backers and since that means more games everybody flocks to them instead. Like you said more games doesn't mean more quality. Strange how Sony fans ignore that truth every time and act like it doesn't apply unless it's a Nintendo console. I like N64. i really do but as far as game selection it's pathetic next to Wii U's.

I've got well over 40 games including digital only (which still count btw) Know how many N64 games i bought in five years? Just 15 i kid you not! It's most of the top ranked must have games too and that's still all i wanted. Wii U has so much more to offer gamers.
---
It is artists, not technicians, who make excellent games. "Hiroshi yamauchi"
#152monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 4:01:18 AM
STN79 posted...
Pretty sure Sony systems are loaded with shovelware just like any other company.
Isn't it always volume people are talking about? Sony has more backers and since that means more games everybody flocks to them instead. Like you said more games doesn't mean more quality. Strange how Sony fans ignore that truth every time and act like it doesn't apply unless it's a Nintendo console. I like N64. i really do but as far as game selection it's pathetic next to Wii U's.

I've got well over 40 games including digital only (which still count btw) Know how many N64 games i bought in five years? Just 15 i kid you not! It's most of the top ranked must have games too and that's still all i wanted. Wii U has so much more to offer gamers.

Again it's just your opinion. I found there to be loads of excellent 3rd party games on the N64. More games than I like on wiiu.

Like I said, worst support doesn't mean less quantity but can mean less quality.

A console with a million rubbish games is not necessarily a better supported console than a console with a thousand amazing games.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.
#153dankeyspaanPosted 7/24/2014 4:07:54 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
STN79 posted...

Again it's just your opinion. I found there to be loads of excellent 3rd party games on the N64. More games than I like on wiiu.

Like I said, worst support doesn't mean less quantity but can mean less quality.

A console with a million rubbish games is not necessarily a better supported console than a console with a thousand amazing games.

What are your favorite 3rd party games on the N64?
#154vermilion99Posted 7/24/2014 4:15:53 AM(edited)
Still trying to figure out why people are counting download titles.

Anyways, every 3rd party retail game everyone lists for the WiiU is from its launch or the first year. 99% of them are inferior ports from previous gen consoles and only 1 3rd party exclusive that's wasn't funded by Nintendo. E3 came and went with zero 3rd party announcements for retail WiiU games. The WiiU is nearing 2 years old and the only 3rd party games anyone can think of is Project Cars and Watch Dogs yet your still trying to argue.

The N64, while having horrible support compared to the PS, still had decent amount of 3rd party exclusives and superior ports. It just took longer for games to start being released on the N64 whereas the WiiU has lost all support with only a year and a half. When people talk about 3rd party games on the N64, at least most were exclusive while the list for the WiiU is 99% 360 and PS3 titles.

And while most revisionist here think the N64 struggled, it still sold twice as much as the GameCube and the WiiU won't get anywhere close to its numbers. The N64, while having a far fewer game selection than the PS still had a lot to offer gamers which is why it still sold well.
#155monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 4:16:31 AM
dankeyspaan posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
STN79 posted...

Why would I tell you jobvd? You'll just say they are rubbish.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
#156dankeyspaanPosted 7/24/2014 4:28:38 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
dankeyspaan posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
STN79 posted...

I promise you I won't. Now tell us.
#157monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 5:08:27 AM(edited)
dankeyspaan posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
dankeyspaan posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
STN79 posted...

I promise you I won't. Now tell us.

These aren't all my favourites but they include :

Turok
Turok 2
Turok 3
Turok rage wars
Doom 64
Quake
Quake 2
Duke nukem 64
Duke nukem zero hour
ISS 98
Rayman 2
Beetle adventure racing
Resident evil 2
San Francisco rush 2049
Star Wars rogue squadron
Star Wars battle for naboo
Star war episode one racer
Star Wars shadow of the empire
Rocket robot on wheels
Space station Silicon Valley
Extreme g
Ridge racer 64
The world is not enough
Castlevania 64
Forsaken 64
World driver championship
Body harvest
F1 world Grand Prix
F1 world gran Prix 2
Glover
Indiana jones and the infernal machine
Shadowman
Vigilante 8
Vigilante 8 2nd offence
Winback
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
#158dankeyspaanPosted 7/24/2014 4:55:02 AM
Some decent games.
#159AnimalManBuddyBPosted 7/24/2014 4:59:03 AM
Wii U, I hope next gen Nintendo's next console is on par with Sony and Microsoft in terms of power.
#160dankeyspaanPosted 7/24/2014 6:34:18 AM
AnimalManBuddyB posted...
Wii U, I hope next gen Nintendo's next console is on par with Sony and Microsoft in terms of power.

Lol