Which Nintendo console do you think had the worst 3rd party support?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which Nintendo console do you think had the worst 3rd party support?
10 months ago#31
RoyMaster4 posted...
NES - Had plenty, it was THE system.
SNES - Also had quite a bit, such as Mega Man X and Chrono Trigger. Still plenty of support.
N64 - Where's the 3rd party support? Rare was still essentially a Nintendo developer so I don't think they count.... so all we had was Rogue Squadron, Bomberan 64, and Mega Man 64 for the entire lifespan? People tend to ignore this since we had Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Smash Bros, but all of the third parties flocked to the PS1.
GC - Some of them came back! We got Viewtiful Joe and RE4 from Capcom, MGS series from Konami, Sonic Adventures and Monkey Ball from Sega... no problem here.
Wii - Too much support! Back off, please! Most of these aren't even good... Though there still are a few exclusive gems such as Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and we got some good ports such as Rayman Origins.
Wii U - At least we're still getting ports for the time being, such as Sonic Racing and Injustice, and we're getting exclusive 3rd party games such as Sonic, Bayonetta, and Hyrule Warriors.

N64 wins this easily imo.

The n64 had loads of shooters and 3d platformers. Remember turok, duke nukem, doom, quake etc.

Please guys do your research on n64 3rd party games.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.
10 months ago#32
monkeyspoon posted...
ps4ponyreturns posted...
Another monkeyspoon topic.

When was the last time I created a topic? And prove it or it doesn't count.

I think it was this on 3rd June.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69360540

Oh you made plenty of topics.
10 months ago#33
The obvious answer is the N64. However, even that system got Madden.....
10 months ago#34
monkeyspoon posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...
SNES - Also had quite a bit, such as Mega Man X and Chrono Trigger. Still plenty of support.
N64 - Where's the 3rd party support? Rare was still essentially a Nintendo developer so I don't think they count.... so all we had was Rogue Squadron, Bomberan 64, and Mega Man 64 for the entire lifespan? People tend to ignore this since we had Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and Smash Bros, but all of the third parties flocked to the PS1.
GC - Some of them came back! We got Viewtiful Joe and RE4 from Capcom, MGS series from Konami, Sonic Adventures and Monkey Ball from Sega... no problem here.
Wii - Too much support! Back off, please! Most of these aren't even good... Though there still are a few exclusive gems such as Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and we got some good ports such as Rayman Origins.
Wii U - At least we're still getting ports for the time being, such as Sonic Racing and Injustice, and we're getting exclusive 3rd party games such as Sonic, Bayonetta, and Hyrule Warriors.

The n64 had loads of shooters and 3d platformers. Remember turok, duke nukem, doom, quake etc.

Wii U has better 3rd party support than n64. Stop playing your pony systems and check your facts.
10 months ago#35
monkeyspoon posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...

Let's not forget the fantastic wrestling games, some great arcade racers, Ogre Battle 64, an underrated Castlevania, and some other good 3rd party games. It wasn't much compared to the Playstation but how anyone thinks it's worse then the WiiU is beyond me. After this E3, it's apparent that 3rd Party support is nonexistent on the WiiU.
10 months ago#36
ps4ponyreturns posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...

Wii U has better 3rd party support than n64. Stop playing your pony systems and check your facts.

No it doesn't. Please enlighten me on what 3rd Party games announced for the WiiU at E3 that your looking forward too.
10 months ago#37
Eoin posted...
FayeLady posted...
Few consoles will be sold this generation than that generation, so the wii u is likely to be a far larger portion of the market.

While you are probably correct that the Wii U will hold a higher percentage share of the console market than the GameCube did, I'm not really sure that this will matter in terms of third party support.

I think third parties saw the GameCube as a console powerful enough that they could port any of their games to (maybe needing some modifications to account for disc format or the controller), and with a small audience that actively engaged with third party games. These factors made the GameCube a reasonable target for third party support despite its lower market share.

On the other hand, I think they now view the Wii U as a console that needs too much work to port games to - especially newer games for more powerful machines, with a small(er) audience that either doesn't buy third party software or else buys on other machines. These factors are making the Wii U less tempting to support, and means that what support it does have is minimal.

I can imagine a third party publisher considering platforms for each new game they're planning, looking at the Wii U, and asking themselves "What has changed that would result in this new game selling well on Wii U when our last game didn't?". I don't see what answer they could ever come up with.

Oh im not sure it will matter either, but its worth mentioning when the subject is under discussion.

Im pretty sure even in a World where XBO sells worse than Wii U overall, it will be easier to support it because of format and architecture.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
10 months ago#38
I don't know how anyone could vote Wii. That console had a ton of 3rd party games. Take away the shovelware..still a ton of 3rd party games. It didn't have the multiplats that PS3/360 got, but got almost as many exclusive 3rd party games.

It doesn't touch NES/SNES levels. But this thread should be between N64/Wii U...and the Wii U should take this easily.
---
Currently playing: Rage, Strider (NES)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ash_wwRQFno
10 months ago#39
ps4ponyreturns posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
RoyMaster4 posted...

You serious, Fisto/Yeti? Wii U 3rd party is a joke. At least N64 got games like South Park, Gex, Doom, Tony Hawk, Madden, Star Wars, Resident Evil, Quake, Hexen, Rush, Mortal Kombat, Body Harvest, a number of racing games, and so forth. Tell me when the Wii U gets games that aren't platformers, multiplayer or yearly Mario games.
---
How to ignore people: 1. Click on user's message detail. 2 Scroll to Ignore. 3. Click on Ignore. Boom. You ignore the person's topics and posts.
10 months ago#40
Nemerlight posted...
At this point you buying Wii U for Nintendo games. If you want third party support this isnt system for you.

---
PSN & NNID - BaerPwNz
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Which Nintendo console do you think had the worst 3rd party support?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived