So Playstaion and Xbox get Destiny while wii u gets... splatoon...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So Playstaion and Xbox get Destiny while wii u gets... splatoon...
10 months ago#121
king_madden posted...
oh ok, I think thats a fairly regular concept with games like this in general. a story mode, loot, character setup. quests with co-op etc. that can be used to describe just about any online game. its just that this is a FPS but i dont think thats enough for people to say its borderlands. i havent always been big on fps games, but was borderlands even the first fps to do things like that?

It's not that common though in gaming, aside from maybe RPGs with either Diablo style loot system or an MMO. Also I don't know if Borderlands was the first to do it, but it's certainly was the one that tried something different with the concept.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
10 months ago#122
Baha05
And just the concept, an FPS with a story mode, loot (I assume loot), different weapon and character set ups and people joining into your game or vice versa. When I saw it it kinda resembles Borderlands and still kinda does.

The game is a lot less focused on loot than Borderlands... Sure, you'll find the occasionally gun or glove or body armor... But you're more likely to be sticking with a gun for a lot longer than Borderlands...

The weapons and character set ups aren't as outrageously different from each other than in Borderlands... Actually, If you were to replace the guns with medieval weapons, the classes would end up more like classic fantasy classes (Titan=Warrior, Warlock=Mage) except that they can all use all weapons

People don't really join your game... You pick your mission and other people who are doing the mission are also in the area... You guys can work together or ignore each other... Other than special missions, you don't even need to team up with people...

Although it is an FPSRPG, It seems to have a bigger focus on the FPS part of it....
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dungeon Defenders,Rogue Legacy,Awesomenauts,Guacamelee!STCE,Shovel Knight,Fallout3
10 months ago#123
Destiny will sell 10 million copys by years end over hyped or not,if you like it or not it is going to sell and sell a lot,Watchdog's has sold almost 5 million copy's,Destiny will double that,almost 3 million pre orders alone should tell you its going to sell a ton,but anyone who games on Wii U only should know by now you are not going to be playing to many games,Nintendo is stuck in the stone age with the lack of 3rd party games makes this console laughable,when nin can't even get last gen port's you know its a dead console,everyone I know is getting Destiny and playing the beta on all 4 platforms.

So Wii U will not be getting

DA3
Evolve
Evil With In
The Crew
Maddens 15
NBA 2k15
Fifa 15
Destiny
BF:HL
CoD:AW
Mortal Kombat X
Tekken 7
Witcher 3
The Division
Farcry 4
Mass Effect 4
AC:Unity
BattleFront 3
FF15
KH3
Diablo 3
Walking Dead

And many,many more,right now my Wii U is my 5th choice for consoles this gen,PS4/X1,360,PC then Wii U,will plug it back in once Zelda comes out.
10 months ago#124
Murderstorm117 posted...
Destiny being the biggest and most anticipated game this year

more anticipated than titanfall? mk8? smash bros? you just proved you dont know what you're talking about
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
10 months ago#125
It will sell more then TF and MK8 combined,it's by far the most hyped game this year,nothing even comes close besides maybe CoD:AW but even that is getting the back seat,plus everyone I know is getting Smash on 3DS.
10 months ago#126
There is more pre orders for Destiny then TF and MK8's total sales,is that enough proof?
10 months ago#127
InfinityOver0 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...

more anticipated than titanfall? mk8? smash bros? you just proved you dont know what you're talking about

yes way more hyped than those. add in the fact that its a multiplat release mean more people are able to get it making it anticipated by more people. watchdogs was more anticipated than the games you listed.
10 months ago#128
king_madden posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...

yes way more hyped than those. add in the fact that its a multiplat release mean more people are able to get it making it anticipated by more people. watchdogs was more anticipated than the games you listed.

yeah sadly that's true. Can't really compare AAA multi-million dollar marketing campaigns vs anything Nintendo does.
That said, Smash probably has a much more devoted and hardcore fanbase than Watchdogs and most other games. There's no proof, but i mean look at the friggin E3 invitational. Can't imagine seeing hundreds of people cosplaying as the guy from Watchdogs (think his name is adam) or ...whatever character is in Titanfall (does it have any? besides soldier #1 #2 etc)
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
10 months ago#129
well thats a bit different, you're comparing the following of new IPs released this year, to one thats pretty much been one of the staples of the nintendo world since what 1998-99? some where around there.
10 months ago#130
king_madden posted...
well thats a bit different, you're comparing the following of new IPs released this year, to one thats pretty much been one of the staples of the nintendo world since what 1998-99? some where around there.

well that's the difference between hype and a dedicated fanbase. TF and WD's hype died prtty fast, while over a million people still watched Melee at EVO like last week.
The AAA hype train is way too fast. The hype lives for like a few weeks after its released, then its onto whatever else is coming. Taht's obviously not the case with all games, but its a problem that doesn't seem to be going away :\
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. So Playstaion and Xbox get Destiny while wii u gets... splatoon...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived