GameStop had Nintendo reprint Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy. More to come?

#21FayeLadyPosted 7/22/2014 11:59:14 AM
Death_Born posted...
Well some Wiis are not backwards compatible, so there's that. People without a BC Wii would either need a Gamecube or the Trilogy.

Thats true. But GC and BC Wiis are so cheap that they are often more affordable than a copy of the trilogy.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#22Steel_ShadowsPosted 7/22/2014 12:01:49 PM
FayeLady posted...
Death_Born posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
I don't see why everyone wants Metroid Prime Trilogy. You can buy all the other games for like $10 each. Maybe it's the convenience of 1 disc.

Metroid Prime and Prime 2 got Wiimote controls like 3. And there's the resolution upgrade if you don't have the hyper expensive Gamecube component cables.

To be fair you get that same graphical upgrade playing the GC games on a Wii over component cables

The first two also have a 16:9 aspect ratio in trilogy. The unfortunate bit is that they removed some of the effects from MP1 but they also did some much needed rebalancing in MP2. The extras also include a sound test for all three, art unlockables and things like the Fusion suit in Prime 1 which otherwise required a GBA, cable and Metroid Fusion. Unfortunately with WiiConnect 24 gone, you have to use cheats/game saves to get everything because of the friend vouchers.

I played through all three over the last three weeks and somehow don't even feel burned out. Loaded up game saves for friend vouchers and am getting ready to start again. I just love these games.
---
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
#23SquifurgiePosted 7/23/2014 8:28:15 AM
Final Fantasy2389 posted...
Let's start with Suikoden II so I'm not paying out the ass for a copy :D

Oh man, that one is tough. I was super lucky to get one off a guy who didn't realize it's value. Keep your eyes open and eventually you'll find one for a decent price.
---
Real men don't have feelings
#24Perry_TankoPosted 7/23/2014 8:31:00 AM
CaioNV posted...
GameStop should make Nintendo reprint (I think "reprint" isn't the correct term) the now expensive as **** GameCube component cables.

>.>

GUESS WHUT?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-In-1-Universal-Component-Cable-For-Xbox-Game-Cube-PS2-PS3-/171394858226
---
Board question on CE: What killed the Dreamcast? Best answer by __Cam__: Saturn. GD-ROM. Stolar. EA. Money.
Officially, this is Perry Tanko.
#25QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/23/2014 8:34:07 AM
Perry_Tanko posted...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-In-1-Universal-Component-Cable-For-Xbox-Game-Cube-PS2-PS3-/171394858226

Look closer.
#26DTY3Posted 7/23/2014 8:39:58 AM
FayeLady posted...
Death_Born posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
I don't see why everyone wants Metroid Prime Trilogy. You can buy all the other games for like $10 each. Maybe it's the convenience of 1 disc.

Metroid Prime and Prime 2 got Wiimote controls like 3. And there's the resolution upgrade if you don't have the hyper expensive Gamecube component cables.

To be fair you get that same graphical upgrade playing the GC games on a Wii over component cables

No you don't.

And you don't get Widescreen support either.
#27TomoEK9Posted 7/23/2014 8:40:45 AM
Allowing GS exclusive access to reprints would be a terrible idea. They would have total control of the supply and know that there is a stupidly high demand so they can keep charging those ridiculous prices and know that people will pay them.
#28Perry_TankoPosted 7/23/2014 8:55:29 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
Perry_Tanko posted...

Look closer.

New without package because we purchased the wrong one....came from GameStop. 4 in 1 component cable for XBox/Game Cube/ PS2/PS3. Message me with any questions

NO, you look closer.
---
Board question on CE: What killed the Dreamcast? Best answer by __Cam__: Saturn. GD-ROM. Stolar. EA. Money.
Officially, this is Perry Tanko.
#29QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/23/2014 9:15:08 AM
Perry_Tanko posted...
NO, you look closer.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/TOsAAOSw3d1TztL6/$_35.JPG
That's not a component cable. It's a composite and s-video cable.
#30JJH777Posted 7/23/2014 11:01:21 AM
Even though it's really greedy that they sell them as used and price them above retail it's still preferable to what would be the case if they hadn't done that. Both Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade would not be obtainable for less than $100 if it wasn't for these reprints gamestop did.
---
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link