I feel bad for Wii U only owners...

#221xTrafalgarLawPosted 7/23/2014 5:44:23 AM
Don't worry dude.. i have a PC at home
Just bring Destiny for me.. i want to play it in the Ultimate version!
They could bring it for the pc.. it's the same architecture.. x86
#222CovenantPosted 7/23/2014 2:57:23 PM
samuraigaiden posted...
It's because of people like you that the Wii U is so bad. You'll buy it anyway, where's the incentive for Nintendo to actually make a good system?

Your idea of what constitutes a good system might not be the same as other people's ideas of what constitutes a good system. You should use more specific terms to express your ideas.

Personally, I don't think the PS4 or Xbox One are good systems. They push graphics, which I don't particularly care about, and the increased development costs stifle creativity and variety, which I do care about. They aren't offering any huge innovations to open up design space and have no incentive to because, even if they did, their audience probably wouldn't support it because most of them only buy modern military shooters anyway.

In comparison, the Wii U offers a modest upgrade in capabilities that is less likely to price everything but triple-A gaming out of the market. This is more important to me than the increase in graphical fidelity, so my opinion is that the Wii U is a better console.
#223fire2boxPosted 7/23/2014 3:00:04 PM
Destiny doesn't matter since it's very largely inspired from Borderlands 2 and that plays great on Wii ... wait, forgot its not on Wii U either.

Damn.

not like the gamepad would improve it though.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039
#224samuraigaidenPosted 7/23/2014 7:52:35 PM
Covenant posted...
samuraigaiden posted...
It's because of people like you that the Wii U is so bad. You'll buy it anyway, where's the incentive for Nintendo to actually make a good system?

Your idea of what constitutes a good system might not be the same as other people's ideas of what constitutes a good system. You should use more specific terms to express your ideas.

Personally, I don't think the PS4 or Xbox One are good systems. They push graphics, which I don't particularly care about, and the increased development costs stifle creativity and variety, which I do care about. They aren't offering any huge innovations to open up design space and have no incentive to because, even if they did, their audience probably wouldn't support it because most of them only buy modern military shooters anyway.

In comparison, the Wii U offers a modest upgrade in capabilities that is less likely to price everything but triple-A gaming out of the market. This is more important to me than the increase in graphical fidelity, so my opinion is that the Wii U is a better console.

RPGs for Wii U: Mass Effect 3: Special Edition, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Child of Light, Pier Solar HD, Citizens of Earth.

RPGs for PS4: Bound by Flame, Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn, Transistor, Child of Light, Deep Down, Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV, Pier Solar HD, Citizens of Earth.

Adventure games for Wii U: Barbie Dreamhouse Party, Disney Planes, The Letter, Rise of the Guardians.

Adventure games for PS4: Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Grim Fandango, Tales from the Borderlands, Akiba's Trip 2, Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition.

PC has more games, more customer friendly account system,

PS4 has more games, more customer friendly account system,

Wii U is :( now
#225FFXIgaiaknightPosted 7/23/2014 10:41:34 PM
TC out of the games u listed the only one i plan to buy is far cry 4 the others just dont do anything for me, the wii u on the other hand has more games this year im excited for.
---
FFXIV: Sir Gaiaknight, Server: Midgardsormr
NNI: Gaiaknight PSN: FFXIGaiaknight
#226CovenantPosted 7/24/2014 1:04:23 AM
samuraigaiden posted...
Lists

Your lists prove my point so aptly, and yet you're disagreeing with me.

PC has more games

The PC does have more games. That's the only reason PC gaming is worthwhile. The open development environment means we get variety both in the content of games and the size of the developers.

PS4 has more games

Every PS4 game on your list is a triple-A sequel or a game/franchise that had already proven its selling potential on the PC before it could get a publishing deal on consoles.

The PS4 may have more games, but it isn't doing a damn thing to encourage their creation or cultivate new talent.

Wii U is :( now

The Wii U actually has entries that weren't either triple-A sequels or cribbed from the PC after they proved that they'll sell. They're making new things happen. Thank you for demonstrating that better than I could be bothered to.

Nintendo isn't anywhere near as successful in cultivating a diverse range of talent as the PC industry is, but it's doing a hell of a lot more than Sony or Microsoft are.
#227SBias73Posted 7/24/2014 1:15:16 AM
Man why do people want to tank on someone's fun? Who cares if they play on 3DS, DS, Wii U, or a Banjo? I don't understand this, I never will.
---
Nin ID: Sbias73
Add me. I could talk about gaming all day.
#228Xuande12Posted 7/24/2014 3:12:45 AM
I love having multiple consoles.. Then I don't have to be salty like half the Wii U board.
---
PSN: PorchGnome4Life
NNID: PorchGnome4Life
#229AnimalManBuddyBPosted 7/24/2014 5:01:20 AM
Eh I only play Zelda, Mario and Civ these days. Those games you mentioned don't really interest me except Assassins Creed, which is really hit and miss.