Here's why the Wii U has second place on lock this gen.

#1ArucaurdPosted 7/22/2014 6:59:18 PM
http://plebegaming.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/third-party-games-dont-sell-xb1-consoles/

Third parties were Microsoft's major selling point last gen, but no one's buying an XB1 for third party multiplats now. We already know the Wii U's main selling points can't be obtained in better quality elsewhere. So while XB1 has more third party titles than the Wii U it's the equivalent of bragging about how much more powerful your gun would be if it had bullets.
#2Granadico_Posted 7/22/2014 7:01:26 PM
I don't know if its locked, but the way this gen seems to be heading, it'll have a good chance of getting 2nd. Especially if Nintendo pumps out as many franchises and games as possible
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#3VanderZooPosted 7/22/2014 7:04:11 PM
That's nonsense. 3rd party games do and will sell XB1. They're a bigger selling point for PS4 this gen, but XB1 will still get a lot of sales from them.

It outsold Wii U last month, despite Wii U having Mario Kart 8 and being $100 cheaper. And all XB1 had last month was 3rd party games.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#4VanderZooPosted 7/22/2014 7:05:09 PM
Granadico_ posted...
I don't know if its locked, but the way this gen seems to be heading, it'll have a good chance of getting 2nd. Especially if Nintendo pumps out as many franchises and games as possible

No way, do you guys want to take a bet on this? As soon as XB1 passes Wii U, and it will, it'll stay ahead of Wii U for the rest of this gen.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#5userfrigginamePosted 7/22/2014 7:06:04 PM
I feel like Nintendo wouldn't really fall below 2nd place anyway, due to the Xbox and Playstation libraries being so similar. It wouldn't make sense for someone to own both a Playstation and Xbox. Makes more sense for a gamer to own a combo of Wii U and Playstation or Xbox.
#6jairusmonillasPosted 7/22/2014 7:08:44 PM
Xbox One still has 3rd party support not just exclusives. Wii U has first party and that's that.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#7GuyFawkes5Posted 7/22/2014 7:09:03 PM
userfrigginame posted...
I feel like Nintendo wouldn't really fall below 2nd place anyway, due to the Xbox and Playstation libraries being so similar. It wouldn't make sense for someone to own both a Playstation and Xbox. Makes more sense for a gamer to own a combo of Wii U and Playstation or Xbox.

this
---
Down With Big Brother!!!
#8LvthnPosted 7/22/2014 7:09:45 PM
XBone is keeping pace with PS4 in NA, only EU and the small boost from Japan are making the real difference with PS4. So no, I imagine this time next year the final shuffle will be in place, if not sooner (very possibly the holidays will do it).

Nintendo isn't even in the same race as the other two anymore. They are not after the same prize.
#9Granadico_Posted 7/22/2014 7:10:08 PM
VanderZoo posted...
Granadico_ posted...

No way, do you guys want to take a bet on this? As soon as XB1 passes Wii U, and it will, it'll stay ahead of Wii U for the rest of this gen.

Take a bet? wtf
If i wanted to bet on who'd win i'd buy Nintendo stocks >_>
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#10ToozinPosted 7/22/2014 7:25:50 PM
People will buy Xbones for Halo. It doesn't matter what other games are out, as soon as the MC Collection is out they will fly off shelves.

I don't want to be a Nintendoomed guy, I don't think the company is going to fail and I think Wii U can still be a moderate success. But it will be in 3rd place for this entire generation, no way around it.