Here's why the Wii U has second place on lock this gen.

#11Brewster123Posted 7/22/2014 7:35:37 PM
Congrats TC! you just figured out why people have been buying Nintendo consoles since the N64!!!
---
"A Pokemon is only Uber if it can kill Wobbuffet with one attack."
Is Your Pokemon in Ubers?: http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/
#12Eordaz9634Posted 7/22/2014 8:08:50 PM
I feel like the Xbone will be 3rd place I just have that feeling. The negativity post are coming soon to this topic.
#13Nerreltron9000Posted 7/22/2014 9:37:29 PM
VanderZoo posted...

It outsold Wii U last month, despite Wii U having Mario Kart 8 and being $100 cheaper. And all XB1 had last month was 3rd party games.

3rd party games and a massively awaited and highly publicized $100 price cut.

Wii U is still selling on the power of Marokart 8 while Xbox One's kinect-free boost seems to have already petered out.

I'm not saying Wii U will definitely outsell the Xbox One overall, just that Microsoft seems to really be struggling to convince anyone that their system has any merit. No matter what they do, the PS4 will always do it better. Wii U may not have much momentum still, but at least it isn't permanently stuck in the shadow of a superior competitor.
#14Arucaurd(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 10:00:41 PM
VanderZoo posted...
That's nonsense. 3rd party games do and will sell XB1. They're a bigger selling point for PS4 this gen, but XB1 will still get a lot of sales from them.

It outsold Wii U last month, despite Wii U having Mario Kart 8 and being $100 cheaper. And all XB1 had last month was 3rd party games.

Uh...Wii U outsold the XB1 in worldwide for June and last week.

No one buys XB1 for third party games. Third party games are not selling XB1s period. WD confirmed this, When WD came out the PS4 sales shot up massively while the XB1 sales didn't really change much.

People who are buying XB1s are doing it for first party titles, so don't expect as big a boost when those titles do come out, as virtually all XB1 sales to this point came from those games already.

XB1 is forced to compete in sales almost exclusively off of first party titles, and their exclusive first party titles are almost all the same genre, shooters, and all smaller than the Mario franchise alone. Last gen's console and handheld Mario Karts, just two games, sold more copies than the entire Halo franchise combined.
#15Lelouch71Posted 7/22/2014 11:00:33 PM
While it would please me for the X1 to be in third place just so MS can leave the gaming market, it's not set in stone. X1 will still get third party support that the Wii U won't. Plus there is Halo. It will still do pretty well in NA despite losing to the PS4. The PS4 may continue to whip its ass, but it will still be a threat to the Wii U chances of at least being 2nd best sales wise.

The only thing certain is that the PS4 will probably leave both in the dust when it's all said and done thus continuing where the PS2 left off and not screw up like big brother PS3 did in the beginning.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#16ghostemp77Posted 7/22/2014 11:30:39 PM
Is this a PC elitist blog?
---
3DS FC: 2380 - 2356 - 0444
http://i.imgur.com/dovxshz.gif http://i.imgur.com/akOmHDE.png
#17ScymitePosted 7/22/2014 11:41:12 PM
Arucaurd posted...
VanderZoo posted...
That's nonsense. 3rd party games do and will sell XB1. They're a bigger selling point for PS4 this gen, but XB1 will still get a lot of sales from them.

Uh...Wii U outsold the XB1 in worldwide for June and last week.

No one buys XB1 for third party games. Third party games are not selling XB1s period. WD confirmed this, When WD came out the PS4 sales shot up massively while the XB1 sales didn't really change much.

People who are buying XB1s are doing it for first party titles, so don't expect as big a boost when those titles do come out, as virtually all XB1 sales to this point came from those games already.

XB1 is forced to compete in sales almost exclusively off of first party titles, and their exclusive first party titles are almost all the same genre, shooters, and all smaller than the Mario franchise alone. Last gen's console and handheld Mario Karts, just two games, sold more copies than the entire Halo franchise combined.

Watch this commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mstjY--Dc20
THAT is why Watch Dogs sold better on the PS4 than the Xbox One. Because it was advertised as a Playstation exclusive. I don't know how they got away with this, or how much Sony paid, or why nobody ever talks about it. So it goes.

The Mario franchise alone is the most profitable videogame franchise of all time. That's like saying "well, Lebron James isn't as good as Michael Jordan." But the thing about Nintendo is all it has is Michael Jordan. Sony and Microsoft have the entire NBA.

This gen will end PS4>Xbox One>Wii U in total sales. And I own an Xbox One and a Wii U.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#18ChemazanPosted 7/22/2014 11:46:16 PM
Actually xbox360's selling point was the fantastic online experience
#19Arucaurd(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 11:54:28 PM
ghostemp77 posted...
Is this a PC elitist blog?

Not really.

Also:

PS4 is the biggest obstacle to the XB1's sales because it does the same games better, for the same price.

Halo sales are slumping and fans are pissed Bungie no longer does the series. If the battle for second comes down to first parties, which it will if WD, Destiny, and current console sales/preorders indicate anything, then it's bronze for the XB1.

Nintendo franchises are varied enough to actually support a console. Nintendo just needs to produce them faster by any means necessary, be it expansion, acquisition, or more second party releases.

To put into perspective how bad relying on third parties is for XB1, look at its strongest franchise. The entire Halo franchise combined sold less than the combined last gen console and handheld sales of Mario Kart. That's just a spinoff of the much larger Mario Franchise. That's not even considering the others.
#20Baha05Posted 7/22/2014 11:56:39 PM
I doubt the Wii U will mae it second but Nintendo as a hole has a shot for first or second with Sony.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS