Here's why the Wii U has second place on lock this gen.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Here's why the Wii U has second place on lock this gen.
1 year ago#51
GeminiX7 posted...
You honestly believe Xbox One sales will go down when their big name games start coming out? Really?

No absolute sales will go up. Their % of sales will still be bad and sales for multiplat software will continue to drop.

FayeLady posted...
Despite that happening, its smaller share of games still tends to be a bigger driving force for hardware adoption.

You can't prove that. Their sales are currently dead last, and they didn't see any benefit from the release of the largest multiplat game so far this gen. People buying an XB1 are biting a bullet in terms of multiplat quality in hopes of getting good first party titles. This is not a win in the third party column for the XB1.
1 year ago#52
vermilion99 posted...
It's sad how these Nintendrones avoid logic and just come up with ideas as to why Nintendo will do better even though past and present circumstances completely derail their fantasy train of thought right off the tracks

Well seeing as I'm the only one to post anything based off real, objective numbers or facts, your comment just makes you look illiterate or dense.
1 year ago#53
Arucaurd posted...
I'm not talking from a subjective point though, I'm using sales numbers, which are hard data. A spinoff of the Mario franchise outsold two generations of Halo sales with just two games.

This is irrelevant to the Wii U. Games that sold tens of millions on the Wii have direct sequels on the Wii U and they simply haven't done much to push Wii U sales. Each game results in the same thing: decent software sales (but still way off Wii levels), and a small temporary bump in hardware sales.

That games like NSMB and Mario Kart sold in enormous numbers on Wii just isn't relevant.

Arucaurd posted...
They are still selling better than the XB1's titles

So far sales suggest that the Wii U's software sales are concentrated on a few big games and the Xbox One's are more spread out. Other than that, there doesn't appear to be any real difference that isn't explained by the fact that the Wii U has been on the market for three times as long as the Xbox One.

Arucaurd posted...
Wii U is still currently selling at #2 weekly.

Is it? Do you have a source that isn't VGChartz?

What we've got in terms of numbers that aren't totally fake is that the Xbox One has sold 1.1m units so far this year in the USA, compared to 0.45m units sold by the Wii U. Countering this, the Wii U has sold 0.31m units in Japan so far this year, compared to the Xbox One's 0m (since it hasn't launched).

That's 1.1m for the Xbox One and 0.76m units for the Wii U in the only territories where we get reliable sales numbers, a gap of 340k. Unless you're going to argue that Europe, the Wii U's weakest territory, is making up that gap, then the Wii U isn't selling more than the Xbox One on a regular basis.
1 year ago#54
I've felt like whoever took first, the U had at least 2nd in the bag. Why? I think its pretty simple.

Xbone and ps4 are very similar consoles. They have the exact same kind of games. Even their exclusives are essentially the same genre as the other and just have differences in implementation. As a primary console I wouldn't be surprised if the U got 3rd place. But we aren't talking as a primary console. We are talking just owning it. If I'm goibg to get 2 home console I wouldnt even consider both Xbone and ps4. They are too similar so there wouldn't really be any point. Meanwhile the U excel at completely different genres than the other 2. So its not even so much what 1st parties are better, I think its a matter of which are goibg to be more diverse than the primary console.

There is also the wild card though. It is people selling Xbone/ps4 for the other console.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BluePriest-1587/hero/3203281
1 year ago#55
Arucaurd posted...
vermilion99 posted...
It's sad how these Nintendrones avoid logic and just come up with ideas as to why Nintendo will do better even though past and present circumstances completely derail their fantasy train of thought right off the tracks

Well seeing as I'm the only one to post anything based off real, objective numbers or facts, your comment just makes you look illiterate or dense.

Your ignoring that the original xbox outsold the GameCube. Your ignoring that the GameCube had much better 3rd party support. Your ignoring that the PS4 has already surpassed the WiiU sales wise even though Nintendo had a 1 year head start. Your ignoring the sales of the 360. Your ignoring that the One hasn't been out long at all and has nearly caught up with the WiiU. Your ignoring that Nintendo has or is close to releasing all of its biggest franchises while both the PS4 and One haven't even gotten started and yet the WiiU is still struggling. Your ignoring that 3rd Parties have completely abandoned the WiiU and act like they don't matter even though 3rd parties were the driving force behind the 360 and PS3 combined sales.
1 year ago#56
i hope Wii U takes 1st.

but anyone w/ a brain realizes that Halo sells. And it sells a ton.

XB1 could take #1 this holiday season with just the Master Chief collection.
1 year ago#57
If MS gets 2nd place it confirms consumers are ok with being lied to, twice, without an apology.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
1 year ago#58
VanderZoo posted...
RobJ24 posted...
PS4 and Xbox One are more entertainment boxes than they are gaming consoles, and the home equivalent to mobile phones when compared to the Wii U, previous home consoles, and handheld consoles (alot of people call mobile phones handheld gaming consoles, while there's nothing wrong with casual gaming on phones, but like PS4 and Xbox One, they're not dedicated gaming consoles) Even the "games" aren't really games like they are on Wii U and previous consoles, PS4 and Xbox One "games" are more like either interactive movies or simulators. They both also have indie games but so do phones and computers (Windows, Mac, and Linux) so I don't know why the Wii U is always being compared to the PS4 and Xbox One. PS4 and Wii U are selling for different reasons (hype for PS4 and games for Wii U) though both are outselling Xbox One which doesn't have neither hype or games.

No that's not correct. PS4 is as much if not more of a dedicated gaming console than the Wii U and XB1. Sony focused exclusively on PS4 as a gaming console, no gimmick's. It has better graphics than the Wii U, better online, a more developer friendly architecture and a controller more gamers are comfortable with. Just because it also does multimedia better doesn't mean it's less of a gaming machine.

And you say it's more of an entertainment unit and less of a gaming console than past consoles, but the PS3 was a better multimedia machine than the PS4 in many way, so that's wrong as well.

Nintendo tried another gimmick with the gamepad, MS did try to make the Xbox One more of an entertainment console, hence all the talk originally about TV and sports.

And PS4 isn't selling on hype, that's an excuse Nintendo and MS fanboys like to use because they refuse to admit PS4 is a better gaming machine.

If PS4 were selling on hype, we'd see PS4 hardware selling well, but games not. But week after week, almost without fail, PS4 games are at the top of the sales chart. So it's weird to say PS4 has no games or isn't selling based on games, when PS4 games are selling so well.

There's no point in arguing with Rob. He makes a few posts and messages for and then runs away without making his arguments.
---
How to ignore people: 1. Click on user's message detail. 2 Scroll to Ignore. 3. Click on Ignore. Boom. You ignore the person's topics and posts.
1 year ago#59
Kromlech06 posted...
If MS gets 2nd place it confirms consumers are ok with being lied to, twice, without an apology.

It just confirms that as bad as the value proposition was for the Xbone, it was worse for the Wii U. From the standpoint of NA, thats pretty much the case.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
1 year ago#60
FayeLady posted...
Kromlech06 posted...

It just confirms that as bad as the value proposition was for the Xbone, it was worse for the Wii U. From the standpoint of NA, thats pretty much the case.

Ignoring that they were lied to is just as good to MS.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Here's why the Wii U has second place on lock this gen.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived