Is the Wii U's specs holding it back from next gen type games?

#61retrogoodsPosted 7/23/2014 9:18:54 AM
dudupupu posted...
We don't want "next gen type games." Mario Kart 8/3D World, aside from resolution, looks better than anything I've played on my PS4.

Art Style is infinitely more important than straight specs/graphics, and the two big consoles don't seem interested (aside from that one Insomniac game for XBOne) in putting out anything other than trees/ruins/shadow details/hallways.

Mario is as simplistic as you can get, because it's a f***** cartoon. Making a statement like that makes you look crazy.
---
How to ignore people: 1. Click on user's message detail. 2 Scroll to Ignore. 3. Click on Ignore. Boom. You ignore the person's topics and posts.
#62BaronVladzPosted 7/23/2014 9:19:55 AM
dudupupu posted...
We don't want "next gen type games." Mario Kart 8/3D World, aside from resolution, looks better than anything I've played on my PS4.

Art Style is infinitely more important than straight specs/graphics, and the two big consoles don't seem interested (aside from that one Insomniac game for XBOne) in putting out anything other than trees/ruins/shadow details/hallways.

I bolded everything you wrote that is an opinion... Speak for yourself next time when you decide to make your voice sound like the collective opinion
#63dudupupuPosted 7/23/2014 9:39:05 AM
Excuse me: I thought that in such a discussion, it was entirely within expectation to think that opinions are implied.

Perhaps more developers should focus on the creative element of design and use a little imagination in their art styles rather than rely on raw power. This is why cartoons are so varied in their art styles.
---
Proud follower of Christ!
3DS: Name: SwuglyBear, FC: 5429-7287-4928
#64QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/23/2014 9:45:44 AM
retrogoods posted...
Mario is as simplistic as you can get, because it's a f***** cartoon. Making a statement like that makes you look crazy.

When has a "realisitc" game ever not looked completely terrible after about five years?
#65temgunPosted 7/23/2014 9:49:16 AM
Why do people want next gen type games? If that's what you want, then play on PC or buy the new consoles, but PS4 and Xbone don't have upcoming games like Bayonetta 2 or other quirky Japanese titles. For best results, you have a PC and a Wii U.
#66retrogoodsPosted 7/23/2014 9:49:56 AM
dudupupu posted...
Excuse me: I thought that in such a discussion, it was entirely within expectation to think that opinions are implied.

Perhaps more developers should focus on the creative element of design and use a little imagination in their art styles rather than rely on raw power. This is why cartoons are so varied in their art styles.

When you make a statement like that, it's kind of hard to take you seriously.
---
How to ignore people: 1. Click on user's message detail. 2 Scroll to Ignore. 3. Click on Ignore. Boom. You ignore the person's topics and posts.
#67retrogoodsPosted 7/23/2014 9:53:46 AM
temgun posted...
Why do people want next gen type games? If that's what you want, then play on PC or buy the new consoles, but PS4 and Xbone don't have upcoming games like Bayonetta 2 or other quirky Japanese titles. For best results, you have a PC and a Wii U.

Another person who uses PC to validate his reasoning for having a Wii U.
---
#68temgunPosted 7/23/2014 9:56:54 AM
retrogoods posted...
temgun posted...

Another person who uses PC to validate his reasoning for having a Wii U.

Yes, and is there a problem?
#69Megamushroom666Posted 7/23/2014 10:24:52 AM
Yes, hardware power is holding it back, but some developers just don't like the Wii U. Mortal Kombat X, Ultra Street Fighter 4 and GTA 5 could've easily been ported to Wii U but the developers choose no.
---
Snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#70godplaysSNESPosted 7/23/2014 10:30:34 AM
Megamushroom666 posted...
Yes, hardware power is holding it back, but some developers just don't like the Wii U. Mortal Kombat X, Ultra Street Fighter 4 and GTA 5 could've easily been ported to Wii U but the developers choose no.

GTA V is a big, big maybe, and definitely not easy. It's in typically CPU-bound situations the Wii U versions fall behind the PS3/360 versions, and GTA V is often very CPU-bound.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!