The GameCube had two Star Fox games, two Metroid games, and an F-Zero game.

#1DoctorPiranha3Posted 7/23/2014 5:11:13 AM
The GBA, which ran concurrently with the GameCube, had two F-Zero games (more in Japan, I believe) and two Metroid games.

Ahh, a simpler time before Nintendo gave up on every IP that wasn't Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. I wish Nintendo would go back to those days.
---
I met Reggie Fils-Aime once. His body wasn't ready, but mine was.
#2RukumouruPosted 7/23/2014 5:15:10 AM
The GC's Star Fox games were horrid. Even Command was better than those, and I expect the Wii U's Star Fox to also be better. Metroid should be coming soon to 3DS and Wii U.

On the subject of F-Zero, however, I agree.
#3ToozinPosted 7/23/2014 5:15:28 AM
Because this generation has ended already, right?
#4thelastgogetaPosted 7/23/2014 5:24:29 AM
We have been lacking F-Zero (this decade hurts but got revivals for other series like Kid Icarus and tons of new IP like The Wonderful 101, Dillon's Rolling Western and HarmoKnight (one of two 3DS series from Pokemon's dev Game Freak which isn't Pokemon).

If you can't look a little further to play non-Mario, Zelda, Pokemon games, that's on you.
I have a fine library of games for the Wii U and 3DS without even buying them.
On that note, we have only had one original 3DS Zelda recently and Pokemon games have had the same pattern of releases for generations.
---
Get EX Troopers Localised on PS3 + 3DS: capcom-unity.com/capcom_games_discussion/go/thread/view/7341/30030505
Get The Wonderful 101!
#5SonytendoPosted 7/23/2014 5:53:09 AM(edited)
You insult Metroid and F-Zero by putting in the same sentence as post 64 Star Fox. Having 0 Star Fox so far is good thing for the Wii U.

Also franchise fatigue killed F-Zero. Put out 3 games in a 15 month period with each one doing worse and worse. Last one sold around 5k copies.
#6fon1988Posted 7/23/2014 5:42:37 AM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
The GBA, which ran concurrently with the GameCube, had two F-Zero games (more in Japan, I believe) and two Metroid games.

Ahh, a simpler time before Nintendo gave up on every IP that wasn't Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. I wish Nintendo would go back to those days.

I think you need to look at the first party games released for the Wii and DS. Yes we were lacking a new F-Zero but look at all the other franchises they released new games for.

Plus, the Wii U isn't even two years old and we still have a long way to go for new game releases.
---
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Currently playing: Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Y
#7SnackasaurusPosted 7/23/2014 5:47:01 AM
I remember the good ol days when Star Fox, F-Zero and Metroid were considered " the same ol Nintendo franchises"
#8CoolioKDudePosted 7/23/2014 5:55:03 AM
games take longer to develop now, we also KNOW they are making star fox(the two star fox games on gamecube were crap btw) and they've hinted at making two new metroid games.
---
"They're all idiots. I'm not even sure if any of them have actual brains."
Hades on GameFAQs.
#9squatch22Posted 7/23/2014 5:56:21 AM
Nintendo gives ppl what they want. Star Fox, F-Zero etc... aren't what ppl want.
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#10DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:04:30 AM
squatch22 posted...
Nintendo gives ppl what they want. Star Fox, F-Zero etc... aren't what ppl want.

They have niche fans that will buy the games. Over saturating the market with the same IPs is part of the reason why Wii U has failed.
---
I met Reggie Fils-Aime once. His body wasn't ready, but mine was.