The GameCube had two Star Fox games, two Metroid games, and an F-Zero game.

#11HotCrumpetsPosted 7/23/2014 6:11:14 AM
We are getting metroid and star fox, calm down. F-Zero is dead and will probably never see another release for a long time.
---
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/793/534/a6f.gif
#12KungFuPhilPosted 7/23/2014 6:16:00 AM
Rukumouru posted...
The GC's Star Fox games were horrid.

I'd say Assault was pretty bad. Maybe not horrible, but pretty close.

Star Fox Adventure, on the other hand, was okay. It wasn't amazing, it wasn't bad, but either way, it wasn't really a Star Fox game.
---
PSN: Moar_Shtick
#13DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:17:52 AM
Yeah, after nearly a decade of pulling Nintendo's hair, we're finally getting a new Star Fox. Whoopdee doo
---
I met Reggie Fils-Aime once. His body wasn't ready, but mine was.
#14Starwars4JPosted 7/23/2014 8:13:37 AM
So you make a topic complaining that we're not getting Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero on the Wii U. You then get corrected that we already have a Star Fox and Metroid announced and backpedal to say "Well who cares"? So weak
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#15AhnoldDoodPosted 7/23/2014 8:26:52 AM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
They have niche fans that will buy the games. Over saturating the market with the same IPs is part of the reason why Wii U has failed.

DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Ahh, a simpler time before Nintendo gave up on every IP that wasn't Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon. I wish Nintendo would go back to those days.

DoctorPiranha3 posted...
Yeah, after nearly a decade of pulling Nintendo's hair, we're finally getting a new Star Fox. Whoopdee doo

>cries about not getting Star Fox

>acts like getting one is no big deal

Can't expect much from someone who think that somehow Star Fox would sell more Wii Us than Mario or Smash Bros., and thinks that Pikmin, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem, X, Nintendo Land and the rest don't exist.
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#16SkyminxyzPosted 7/23/2014 9:09:07 AM
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
squatch22 posted...
Nintendo gives ppl what they want. Star Fox, F-Zero etc... aren't what ppl want.

They have niche fans that will buy the games. Over saturating the market with the same IPs is part of the reason why Wii U has failed.

Actually I always thought giving us the only 50 Platformers (and 2D ones no less) is what did it in. Sure we have Pikimin/W101 as well, but in reality we all got the game for free with MK8 + most people never got W101 in the first place even with the price drop.

Even at E3 about half of the games showed for the Wii U were Still platform heavy for crying out loud. Not to mention the implied gimmicks SF on Wii U will have as well. Assault had potential, if only they fixed up the awkward controls for moving around on foot imo. Not to mention make the game less linear (multiple paths) if they expect us to fork over $60 for it...
---
"Stating your opinion on GameFaqs is a declaration of war" - anonymous.
#17DoctorPiranha3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 9:26:23 AM
Starwars4J posted...
So you make a topic complaining that we're not getting Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero on the Wii U. You then get corrected that we already have a Star Fox and Metroid announced and backpedal to say "Well who cares"? So weak

No, I'm saying Nintendo should have listened to the fans ages ago. The Wii U wouldn't be a spectacular failure right now if they did.
---
I met Reggie Fils-Aime once. His body wasn't ready, but mine was.
#18phoenixashes88Posted 7/23/2014 9:30:21 AM
I guess I'm in the minority on Star Fox Assault. I never bought it back in the day because people said it was terrible so I spent my money on other things. Then with the announcement of Star Fox Wii U I decided to try it so I picked it up 2 weeks ago and I actually really enjoyed it
#19AhnoldDoodPosted 7/23/2014 9:36:38 AM(edited)
DoctorPiranha3 posted...
No, I'm saying Nintendo should have listened to the fans ages ago.

So basically, you're an ungrateful crybaby who still isn't satisfied when he gets what he wants?

The Wii U wouldn't be a spectacular failure right now if they did.

1) lol at you thinking its a failure.

2) lol at you thinking Star Fox would change something.

Skyminxyz posted...
Even at E3 about half of the games showed for the Wii U were Still platform heavy for crying out loud.

Yeah. Platforms like Splatoon, Project Robot, Project Guard, Codename STEAM, Captain Toad the puzzle game, Mario Maker the level editor, do you even know what a damn platformer is?
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#20EndgamePosted 7/23/2014 12:07:40 PM
The GBA, which ran concurrently with the GameCube, had two F-Zero games (more in Japan, I believe)

one more, and it had a track editor too
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert