The GameCube had two Star Fox games, two Metroid games, and an F-Zero game.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The GameCube had two Star Fox games, two Metroid games, and an F-Zero game.
11 months ago#21
I've never played a metroid prime game other than the one on DS. I just bought a copy (on ebay) of metroid trilogy for my new Wii U for $50.

Did I do good?
---
Gamefaqs: The most passive aggressive place on the internet.
11 months ago#22
I really enjoyed Adventures. It was nice to actually play as Fox on the ground for once instead of just being a "generic space pilot". The graphics have that nice Nintendo/Rare effect on them and the gameplay in general is pretty dang good.

Assault, on the other hand, is really good. Again, like Adventures, it was nice seeing the Star Fox team not just be limited to "generic space pilot". Sure, the game play was "go from one level to the next" style, but it was still "arcade-like" fun with trying to get a high score. And unlike Star Fox 64, you could actually save your progress and continue later. The music is good, the gameplay is great and fun and the multiplayer is the best in the series I've seen.

The fans (like Sonic ones) are the problem with Star Fox.I've heard people complain the music sounds "too epic" and that Fox "has too much fur". I can't even think of a remark for that... Why?! They can't seem to accept (good) change, they always want it to be the exact same thing every game and possibly not even wanting to try anything new. It doesn't hurt to try and expand the series a bit outside of "Fox shoots in a aircraft beating down Andross".
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
11 months ago#23
CubeTV posted...
I really enjoyed Adventures. It was nice to actually play as Fox on the ground for once instead of just being a "generic space pilot". The graphics have that nice Nintendo/Rare effect on them and the gameplay in general is pretty dang good.

Assault, on the other hand, is really good. Again, like Adventures, it was nice seeing the Star Fox team not just be limited to "generic space pilot". Sure, the game play was "go from one level to the next" style, but it was still "arcade-like" fun with trying to get a high score. And unlike Star Fox 64, you could actually save your progress and continue later. The music is good, the gameplay is great and fun and the multiplayer is the best in the series I've seen.

The fans (like Sonic ones) are the problem with Star Fox.I've heard people complain the music sounds "too epic" and that Fox "has too much fur". I can't even think of a remark for that... Why?! They can't seem to accept (good) change, they always want it to be the exact same thing every game and possibly not even wanting to try anything new. It doesn't hurt to try and expand the series a bit outside of "Fox shoots in a aircraft beating down Andross".

This so much.

The Gamecube Starfox games were excellent and I have zero issues with Assault's controls. Nintendo fanatics have a hard time moving on, and can't even face reality. A straight up Starfox 64 clone won't make a dent in sales as there aren't enough fans to sustain the franchise on that style alone.

At best it'd be some low budget eshop title with 8 levels or so.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
11 months ago#24
Sir_Haxor posted...
A straight up Starfox 64 clone

Actually, we already have that
---
"You can't be racist against whites because they're in power/have privilege."
-Killua553
11 months ago#25
What we need is Golden Sun 4.
---
The washer fluid is not fine!
11 months ago#26
I'd rather have them try the Assault formula again because that was a really fun SF game and I honestly consider that the best SF game
---
You fight well worthy of the name Belmont
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The GameCube had two Star Fox games, two Metroid games, and an F-Zero game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived