Media Create Sales: Week 29

#11X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/23/2014 6:35:58 AM
vermilion99 posted...
kukingina2 posted...
why is the PS4 doing badly in japan?

Home console gaming is dying in Japan. Isn't it obvious.

As reluctant as I was to buy into this idea a year ago based off of Wii U sales alone, it is something I now believe wholehartedly that home consoles need a miracle to make it in Japan these days.

Let's be fair here, the Wii U is never going to turn things around worldwide at this point, but I think what is an interesting point is that it may well end up being the best selling home console in Japan, which should generate some interesting games from Japanese devs.

I'd be perfectly ok with the Wii U becoming a JRPG machine, as every single gen for me, my favourite console has been the one with the best JRPG's on it. I don't mind WRPGs but I hate aspects like morality systems and higher levels of violence being a big part of them.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4
#12Sonytendo(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:46:26 AM
Wii Sports Club sold just under 3k opening week. Is this title the Wii U savior we were all waiting for?
#13EndgamePosted 7/23/2014 6:51:44 AM
how is Yo-kai Watch 2 already outselling 1?

448k more sales than the original in two weeks while the original had an entire year on the market, that's quite the hype machine they have there for their little Pokémon knockoff
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#14RobJ24Posted 7/23/2014 6:53:38 AM
Sonytendo posted...
Wii Sports Club sold just under 3k opening week. Is this title the Wii U savior we were all waiting for?

It's been available digitally since last November.
#15RadKickAssPosted 7/23/2014 6:54:53 AM
Toozin posted...
If Sony wants to sell PS4s in Japan they should wheelbarrow some money over to Atlus to try to convince them to upscale Persona 5 to PS4.

LOL, sounds about right.
---
SURE, I'LL TAKE YOU TO A GOOD PLACE. HEH!! HEH!! HEH!!
PSN: RadKickAss // 3DS: 4957-3805-8646
#16MinamoPosted 7/23/2014 6:58:18 AM(edited)
kukingina2 posted...
why is the PS4 doing badly in japan?

No games. No games appealing to the Japanese anytime soon. Just look at what's being hyped in the West: Spacemarine FPS Destiny, Assassins Creed #735, Last of Us port, Gears of Order 1886, the list goes on. The PS4 was designed for the West.

Toozin posted...
If Sony wants to sell PS4s in Japan they should wheelbarrow some money over to Atlus to try to convince them to upscale Persona 5 to PS4.

Japan doesn't care about graphics. They would buy it for their PS3s.
#17SegavsCapcomPosted 7/23/2014 6:58:35 AM
Endgame posted...

448k more sales than the original in two weeks while the original had an entire year on the market, that's quite the hype machine they have there for their little Pokémon knockoff

Why would you care? You hate both JRPGs and Pokemon.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#18The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/23/2014 8:42:37 AM
Endgame posted...

The release of the Anime seems to be the main reason, that anime kept the first game up in the top 3 one year after launch, as well as build up the hype for the second one.

Also second week Yo-Kai Watch 2 sold just about the same numbers as first week Mario Kart 8 did, ludicrously good numbers for Yo-Kai Watch 2.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#19DTY3Posted 7/23/2014 8:51:40 AM(edited)
Mario Kart 8 finally beat YoKai Watch 1 lol.

Why the hell is that anime/game so popular? Doesn't look very interesting to me and I love Japanese games.
#20X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/23/2014 8:57:14 AM
DTY3 posted...
Mario Kart 8 finally beat YoKai Watch 1 lol.

Why the hell is that anime/game so popular? Doesn't look very interesting to me and I love Japanese games.

It's a Level 5 game, they always do solidly over there IIRC. I think it's interesting that MK8 is still up there though, thoroughly deserves it.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4