Media Create Sales: Week 29

#31DTY3Posted 7/23/2014 8:32:23 AM
Oh I didnt even notice Wii Sports Club was on the list.

Good job.
#32RobJ24Posted 7/23/2014 8:35:42 AM
retrogoods posted...
iKhanic posted...
kukingina2 posted...
why is the PS4 doing badly in japan?

Because Japanese gamers have brains

Then explain why the last few weeks, the Wii U can't even make it to 10K in Japan. It's doing roughly the same as PS4.

Of course the Wii U isn't selling as good as the handhelds are. But if you think Wii U's Japanese numbers and the PS4's Japanese numbers are actually comparable then you need to redo math class.
#33retrogoodsPosted 7/23/2014 8:37:32 AM
RobJ24 posted...
retrogoods posted...
iKhanic posted...
kukingina2 posted...

Then explain why the last few weeks, the Wii U can't even make it to 10K in Japan. It's doing roughly the same as PS4.

Of course the Wii U isn't selling as good as the handhelds are. But if you think Wii U's Japanese numbers and the PS4's Japanese numbers are actually comparable then you need to redo math class.

I'm talking about the last few weeks. Are you gonna run away from this post, Rob, and not make another post? I know that a year head start is going to have higher numbers.
---
How to ignore people: 1. Click on user's message detail. 2 Scroll to Ignore. 3. Click on Ignore. Boom. You ignore the person's topics and posts.
#34iKhanicPosted 7/23/2014 8:45:52 AM
retrogoods posted...
iKhanic posted...
retrogoods posted...
iKhanic posted...
kukingina2 posted...

Because Japanese gamers have brains.

Pfft. BS excuse if you ask me.

Not really. I mean, Sony did a poll of Japanese gamers to ask them why they didn't want/hadn't bought a PS4. Their reasons included things like "It's too similar to last gen" or "it doesn't any games I want" or "The graphical upgrade isn't enough". There were definitely some who said they had just transitioned to mobile, but many stated real problems with the system.

And the Wii U shares a lot of the same problems. The diversity of games on the system is small right now, with RPGs being nonexistent.

For some reason people in the west are buying the PS4 for the potential of what could be and marginal graphical upgrades rather than actual real reasons that aren't projected. The Wii U doesn't even have that though, so it's also selling like crap here.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#35Tayl0rpwnzPosted 7/23/2014 9:36:35 AM
RobJ24 posted...
retrogoods posted...
iKhanic posted...
kukingina2 posted...

Sales wise (rough estimate)

Wii u averages 94k a month
Ps4 averages 128k a month
#36RobJ24Posted 7/23/2014 9:42:19 AM
retrogoods posted...
RobJ24 posted...
retrogoods posted...
iKhanic posted...
kukingina2 posted...

I'm talking about the last few weeks. Are you gonna run away from this post, Rob, and not make another post? I know that a year head start is going to have higher numbers.

Wii U sold alot more units in 2013 in Japan than the PS4 did in Japan in 2014.
#37AceMosPosted 7/23/2014 9:43:39 AM
Tayl0rpwnz posted...
RobJ24 posted...
retrogoods posted...
iKhanic posted...
kukingina2 posted...

uh ps4 sales less than wii u every week in japan so why do you have ps4 higher
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#38Demon_AckerPosted 7/23/2014 9:55:12 AM
I wonder if some people here realize that the PS4 launched this year, thus had strong initial sales.

Youkai Watch the Japanese Gaming Savior
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif
#39kukingina2Posted 7/23/2014 10:46:22 AM
wow Honestly didn't mean to cause so much trouble with my question lol I was honestly just curious
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047 BattleNET: Robertzombie #1277
#40X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/23/2014 11:16:58 AM
AceMos posted...
Tayl0rpwnz posted...
RobJ24 posted...
retrogoods posted...

uh ps4 sales less than wii u every week in japan so why do you have ps4 higher

He's using a mean average, which for several reasons, is completely irrelevant when comparing a console to one that has been out 4 times longer in Japan. He's not accounting for system launch spike, which, in the given context makes up a greater proportion of PS4 lifetime sales.

In short, those numbers are irrelevant.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4