Skies of Arcadia vs Tales of Symphonia vs Xenoblade Chronicles

#11HayashiTakaraPosted 7/23/2014 7:23:18 AM
I've completed Tales of Symphonia on the GCN about 32 times... so I'm going have to say Tales of Symphonia.
#12X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/23/2014 7:29:21 AM
Tales of Symphonia followed very closely by Xenoblade. I never thought SoA was particularly great for it's time given the other RPGs we had coming left, right and centre back then were better.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4
#13iKhanicPosted 7/23/2014 7:35:23 AM
vermilion99 posted...
Tales of Symphonia

I love Xenoblade, but I've never played that has managed to strike such a perfect balance between linear and non-linear gameplay as Symphonia did. ToS has it's flaws yes, but I think as a whole it's as perfect as a game can get.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#14BladeManEXEPosted 7/23/2014 7:39:22 AM
Tales of Symphonia, then Xenoblade. Never played Skies of Arcadia.

Symphonia is my favorite game (other Tales games have improved battle systems, but Symphonia's is by no means bad, and the ability to actually take different paths in the game, something I don't recall any other recent Tales game doing, is a major plus). Xenoblade got very close to unseating it, but a few things really held it back (I don't like the battle system nearly as much, some backstory given at the very end of the game which didn't sit well with me).
#15EndOfDiscOnePosted 7/23/2014 7:44:59 AM(edited)
Xenoblade > Skies of Arcadia >>>>> Tales of Symphonia

ToS is a good game, but the other two are my favorite RPGS of all time

I would imagine that more people have played ToS than the other two games which is why it's in the lead
---
http://img.imgcake.com/fitgirljpgta.jpg
#16ToozinPosted 7/23/2014 7:46:20 AM
Tales of Symphonia, because what other game lets you play the first third or so in reverse order?
#17Rishah0078Posted 7/23/2014 8:06:29 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
That poll lists them in the correct order, from best to worst downwards.
#18nonexistingheroPosted 7/23/2014 8:08:09 AM
EndOfDiscOne posted...

I would imagine that more people have played ToS than the other two games which is why it's in the lead

It's probably in the lead because of anti-Xenoblade trolls voting against it. It's a very good game, but I'd say it's the 2nd best Tales game after Vesperia. Anyway, I voted Xenoblade. Skies of Arcadia is great, but it's rather slow, even for 3D turn-based JRPG standards. I do consider it to be a bit better than Tales of Symponia though.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#19Flare7Posted 7/23/2014 8:09:56 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
EndOfDiscOne posted...

It's probably in the lead because of anti-Xenoblade trolls voting against it. It's a very good game, but I'd say it's the 2nd best Tales game after Vesperia. Anyway, I voted Xenoblade. Skies of Arcadia is great, but it's rather slow, even for 3D turn-based JRPG standards. I do consider it to be a bit better than Tales of Symponia though.

Yeah, that's it. People couldn't possibly have a different opinion than you. They're trolling, duh!

On topic, Symphonia. Xenoblade and SoA are average.
#20nonexistingheroPosted 7/23/2014 8:12:34 AM
iKhanic posted...
vermilion99 posted...
Tales of Symphonia

I love Xenoblade, but I've never played that has managed to strike such a perfect balance between linear and non-linear gameplay as Symphonia did. ToS has it's flaws yes, but I think as a whole it's as perfect as a game can get.

ToS is pretty linear and it pretty much requires you to follow a guide if you want everything, because you have a very short window to do most sidequests. The Tales franchise as a whole is terrible in this regard and it doesn't shy away to let players redo the entire game if they miss something simply because they didn't talk to a certain someone somewhere in the world at a certain time.

Xenoblade pretty much lets you decide your own pacing and you can't miss anything important. Though it does take a while before the story gets going after the initial big events.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.