Do I buy a PS4 or Wii U for games I can't get on Xbox One? Particularly RPGs.

#1Jedi454Posted 7/23/2014 6:23:14 AM
Do I buy a PS4 or Wii U for games I can't get on Xbox One? Particularly RPGs. - Results (43 votes)
PS4
32.56% (14 votes)
Wii U
67.44% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just wondering with Super Smash Bros 4 coming out soonish, as well as other potentially great Wii U titles, but there's always PS4 with Bloodborne and The Order 1886. I've got an Xbox One, so i've got multi-platform games and Xbox exclusives covered. I'm thinking about taking a dive on either console soon.
---
Sony Fanboy: "PS4 sold the most again this month!" Sony Fan: "Who cares dude?" Sony Fanboy: ":'("
#2HayashiTakaraPosted 7/23/2014 6:24:29 AM
Western RPGs?

Do you have a PC?

If yes to the first, and no to the second... buy a PS4.
#3ToozinPosted 7/23/2014 6:27:16 AM
Neither system has much for RPGs on the horizon. Wii U has XCX and SMTxFE, both without release dates. PS4 just has multiplats like Witcher 3 and Dragon Age so far.

Although Transistor is currently out and exclusive to PS4, and is great. So if a $20 dowloadable title can sell you a system, there it is I guess.
#4FrozenSneakPosted 7/23/2014 6:29:52 AM
Well as of right now, neither has any real RPGs out right now(unless you count the MMORPGs that is). But the PS4 has more rpgs coming to it, including an unannounced Tales of confirmed to be on PS4.
---
"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx http://i.imgur.com/2HO4p8b.jpg
#5ganggreen82Posted 7/23/2014 6:48:57 AM
Ps4 if the last gen distribution is anything to go on.
#6FayeLadyPosted 7/23/2014 7:26:41 AM
If it must be a console then the PS4, but a Vita or 3DS would serve you better if you don't have either of those and are looking for rpgs.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#7Flare7Posted 7/23/2014 7:28:52 AM
Well your first mistake was buying the xbone instead of the ps4. I would have said ps4+wii u is the way of the future...if you like Nintendo titles, possibly the Wii U, but the PS4 will probably have a lot more good exclusives (especially RPGs) than the XBone if the past is any indication, so that's a tough call. Get both :)
#8KungFuPhilPosted 7/23/2014 7:53:47 AM
Coming from a PS4 owner, I don't suggest owning both a PS4 and a Xbox One. There are way too many games that overlap the two consoles and the exclusives have similar gameplay as exclusives on the opposing console. For example, Killzone/Resistance vs. Halo, Uncharted vs. Gears of War, LittleBigPlanet vs. Project Spark.

I suggest picking up either the Wii U or upgrading your PC. The Wii U's first party line up is amazing and few games are as polished as Nintendo games.
---
PSN: Moar_Shtick
#9BlackPhoenix127Posted 7/23/2014 8:16:10 AM
KungFuPhil posted...
Coming from a PS4 owner, I don't suggest owning both a PS4 and a Xbox One. There are way too many games that overlap the two consoles and the exclusives have similar gameplay as exclusives on the opposing console. For example, Killzone/Resistance vs. Halo, Uncharted vs. Gears of War, LittleBigPlanet vs. Project Spark.

I suggest picking up either the Wii U or upgrading your PC. The Wii U's first party line up is amazing and few games are as polished as Nintendo games.

This.

No point in getting a PS4 if you already have an Xbox. As for RPGs, Xenoblade Chronicles X is coming in 2015.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#10cmincPosted 7/23/2014 8:27:17 AM
Id get a wiiu. The ps4 library will mostly consist of third party stuff thats also going to be available on xb1 and wiiu already has two pretty big exclusive rpgs announced and in development.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS