Who else is NOT buying Mario Party 10?

#21Dark_Link92Posted 7/23/2014 11:52:57 AM
Why all the 2 love? It's one of my least favourites. After the abomination that was 8, I really liked 9,and 10 looks to use more new ideas, so I'm very interested. Never played Island Tour though, and I hear that's bad too.
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.
#22majorasmaskfanPosted 7/23/2014 12:05:10 PM
Im good with mario party 2 and 3.
#23CubeTVPosted 7/23/2014 12:31:13 PM
If it didn't have forced Wii remote controls, I might actually get it. But nope. :/

Even Mario Party Advance looks more fun than 10. Which is a shame.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#24BringerOfPiePosted 7/23/2014 12:39:19 PM(edited)
Dark_Link92 posted...
Why all the 2 love? It's one of my least favourites. After the abomination that was 8, I really liked 9,and 10 looks to use more new ideas, so I'm very interested. Never played Island Tour though, and I hear that's bad too.

You speak my language. I like 2, but it's definitely my least favorite N64 Party, mainly because all the good minigames are recycled from the first game. For a series that barely changes between installments, that's lazy even for Mario Party.

Like I said, I haven't played the latest ones, but I'm glad to hear they actually changed something with the series, and I'm glad someone else agrees, even if it wasn't good change. The same old repetitive ideas are what killed this series for me in the first place.
---
"Am I the only one who thinks that..." NO. YOU'RE NOT. SHUT UP NOW.
#25Flare7Posted 7/23/2014 12:41:10 PM
BringerOfPie posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...

You speak my language. I like 2, but it's definitely my least favorite N64 Party, mainly because all the good minigames are recycled from the first game. For a series that barely changes between installments, that's lazy even for Mario Party.

Like I said, I haven't played the latest ones, but I'm glad to hear they actually changed something with the series, and I'm glad someone else agrees, even if it wasn't good change. The same old repetitive ideas are what killed this series for me in the first place.

1 was an analog stick breaker, and the N64 controllers already have the most fragile analog sticks in history. 2/3 are both great, I just think more people played 2 than 3. I didn't even know that 3 existed until much later on. If not for all of the joystick crap in 1, it would probably be my favorite.
#26Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/23/2014 12:41:42 PM
I'm getting it. I love the Mario Party series. And I loved the whole car idea in 9. 5 player mode in 10 seems awesome. Definitely getting it.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#27BringerOfPiePosted 7/23/2014 12:53:05 PM
Flare7 posted...
BringerOfPie posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...

Like I said, I haven't bought the latest ones, but I'm glad to hear they actually changed something with the series, and I'm glad someone else agrees, even if it wasn't good change. The same old repetitive ideas are what killed this series for me in the first place.

1 was an analog stick breaker, and the N64 controllers already have the most fragile analog sticks in history. 2/3 are both great, I just think more people played 2 than 3. I didn't even know that 3 existed until much later on. If not for all of the joystick crap in 1, it would probably be my favorite.

Yeah, 1's probably favorite, but I definitely still have some issues with it like the joystick-rotating and the 1-player minigames taking up too much time.

I recall Mario Party 3 not doing well critically, and it came out shortly before the Gamecube launched, so it didn't really get any attention. Which sucks, cause I think it's way better than any Mario Party game after it.
---
"Am I the only one who thinks that..." NO. YOU'RE NOT. SHUT UP NOW.
#28trenkenPosted 7/23/2014 12:54:47 PM
The last 9 were awful minigame collections. I think ill skip the 10th.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#29fbt47Posted 7/23/2014 2:34:49 PM
I'm not getting it unless they remove the car thing.
#30Leon_Powalski_7Posted 7/23/2014 3:11:26 PM
after seeing the car from mp9 returning, nope
---
I am the great Leon!