could wiiU hypothetically uscale wii games like dolphin?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. could wiiU hypothetically uscale wii games like dolphin?

User Info: csalvi42

csalvi42
2 years ago#1
Just curious if this would be possible with a hack? Seems it could at least upscale to 720p
Animal Crossing NL Dream: 5399-2276-5180
White Version FC: 0991-1102-7167

User Info: Perry_Tanko

Perry_Tanko
2 years ago#2
what's a dolphin?
Board question on CE: What killed the Dreamcast? Best answer by __Cam__: Saturn. GD-ROM. Stolar. EA. Money.
Officially, this is Perry Tanko.

User Info: MetroidJunkie

MetroidJunkie
2 years ago#3
It's an emulator and, theoretically, the Wii U's GPU should be able to upscale Wii games to 1080p without breaking a sweat, given how little power it'd have to devote to the actual graphics.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: toadieman

toadieman
2 years ago#4
Perry_Tanko posted...
what's a dolphin?

A miserable pile of football players.
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos

User Info: RobJ24

RobJ24
2 years ago#5
Wii U's Wii Mode already does upscale Wii games.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
2 years ago#6
RobJ24 posted...

No it doesn't.

User Info: MetroidJunkie

MetroidJunkie
2 years ago#7
RobJ24 posted...

I think the TC meant make the games run natively in 720p, a feat that the Wii U's GPU should be able to do without even blinking.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: FayeLady

FayeLady
2 years ago#8
I'm pretty sure the additional hardware is ignored in Wii mode, its not emulation like dolphin.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
2 years ago#9
MetroidJunkie posted...
It's an emulator and, theoretically, the Wii U's GPU should be able to upscale Wii games to 1080p without breaking a sweat, given how little power it'd have to devote to the actual graphics.

The Wii U GPU actually contains the Wii GPU, which allows that 100% BC. The question is whether that part of the GPU, if not limited to just Wii Mode, can output at 720p/1080p or if the Wii U side of the GPU contains all the necessary features that the Wii GPU does (and more) to do the rendering itself. If the Wii U GPU doesn't have all the necessary capabilities, then we'd likely end up with problems like trying to play Rogue Squadron II on Dolphin outside of software rendering.
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project

User Info: Perry_Tanko

Perry_Tanko
2 years ago#10
toadieman posted...
Perry_Tanko posted...
what's a dolphin?

A miserable pile of football players.

Dan Marino got robbed! >_<
Board question on CE: What killed the Dreamcast? Best answer by __Cam__: Saturn. GD-ROM. Stolar. EA. Money.
Officially, this is Perry Tanko.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. could wiiU hypothetically uscale wii games like dolphin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived