Rate my idea for Nintendo's next console

#1iKhanicPosted 7/23/2014 11:54:46 AM(edited)
Name: The N7. Keeps it simple, and hammers home the fact that Nintendo has been at this for a while.

Launch Date: November 2018

Power: 25% less powerful than the PS5, But it still sticks with PowerPC architecture. The reason for this is that Nintendo developers are accustomed to that architecture and it allows for BC, which is all too important for the successor to a system with underwhelming sales. 12 GB RAM

Storage: 128 GB SSD

Ports: 6 USB, 1 HDMI (Ethernet Dongle offered*)

Backward Compatibility: Feature Wii Emulation and BC with the Wii U.

Controller: The N7 Remote- Takes the Basic Wii Remote + and Nunchuck concept and adds:
-Dual Analog
-Dual Analog triggers
-Magnetometer
-Newer and higher quality Accelerometer and Gyroscope.

This is the primary controller sold for 60$ in combination. It is marketed as the next level of motion control, bringing accuracy and reducing latency in areas the Wii Remote failed.

Additional controllers are sold as accessories.
Wii U Gamepad: $80
Wii U Pro Controller: $40

Online: Free to play online

Subscription Services: The Nintendo Classics Library. For $15 per month, you gain access to a catalog of NES, SNES, GB, GBC, and GC titles, with unlimited play time. Additionally, you gain access to early demos and a 10% discount off of eShop titles. Uses Streaming.

Instant Nintendo. For $45 per month, have unlimited access to a library of both modern games for the system and the Nintendo Classics Library. Uses Streaming

Virtual Console: Launches in conjunction with the Subscription plan. Offers NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, GBA, DS, GC, and Dreamcast at launch. GC and Dreamcast launch with only 2 titles per system though. Features crossbuy with new Nintendo handheld.

VR: Oculus Rift Support.^

Other: Handheld offers Cross-play.

Notable 1st party Launch titles:
EAD Tokyo developed 3D Mario game
Wii Sports-esque game-Nintendolympics (I know the name is terrible, if you have a better name let me know)
New Battalion Wars game

In Spring of 2019: Splatoon 2

Cost: $399.99 Bundled with Wii Sports-esque game: Nintendolympics

*Here's why. It will be 2018, Ethernet is already dying, it will be close to dead at that point.
^While I'm excited about VR, I don't think it will be affordable enough to center a console around by 2018.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 7/23/2014 11:52:54 AM
lt's a fan idea so it's automatically crap and didn't read.
#3iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:55:19 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
lt's a fan idea so it's automatically crap and didn't read.

Wow, thanks so much for your in depth input.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#4Street_OverlordPosted 7/23/2014 11:55:38 AM
Ouch, that's harsh. I personally don't want to see talk of a new Nintendo console yet. The Wii U and 3DS are still young.
#5Flare7Posted 7/23/2014 11:56:14 AM
Why did you spend the time to think this up? Not trying to be mean, but I don't understand your goal.
#6random_man9119Posted 7/23/2014 11:56:44 AM
The name might need to be changed... Since N7 is associated with Mass Effect...
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dungeon Defenders,Rogue Legacy,Awesomenauts,Guacamelee!STCE,Shovel Knight,Fallout3
#7lordofthenlpplePosted 7/23/2014 11:57:10 AM
Ship in 2015
---
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 11:59:38 AM
Flare7 posted...
Why did you spend the time to think this up? Not trying to be mean, but I don't understand your goal.

Needed to unwind, and I wanted to get my ideas out there. Thoughts?
---
#9blunderminePosted 7/23/2014 12:00:42 PM
$45 is way to much to ask people to pay without actually owning anything. $15/months is even quite hefty.
#10VoodooTrumpetPosted 7/23/2014 12:01:57 PM
Sounds great but wishful thinking
---
XBL, PSN & Steam - VoodooTrumpet
3DS - 0430-9219-7183