Nintendo might help SE localize Dragon Quest X on Wii U??

#21Tenchi UKPosted 7/23/2014 3:19:24 PM
shadowenclave47 posted...
Flare7 posted...
vashtricham posted...
Never played a DQ game before but i love the art style. (reminds me of DBZ)

Which game will ease me into the series?

Same artist if i am not mistaken, right now I would say 8 would be a great place to start. The ds game is good but isnt as good as 8 imo

Now im really interested lol. But i heard that 8 is hard.

Not hard, just requires grinding. There's no real skill involved.

Well i don't mind grinding.

not really any grinding needed with it, just explore and keep your equipment updated and you should be able to handle the bosses (some can be annoying but with the right setup they arent too bad)
---
Pear into Peaches!
#22AkaneJonesPosted 7/23/2014 3:41:02 PM
Pokejedservo posted...
The reason why 5 and 6 were never released for the SNES then was because Enix's American offices actually closed down during the early 90s. Now you might ask what about Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia and the Actraiser games and how did they get US releases? Simple its because those games were made by Quintet back when they were working with Enix. It wasn't until the late 90s did Enix re-open their offices in the US.

Actually Enix Published Soul Blazer, Actraiser, & Actraiser 2. They also published non-Quintet games EVO the Search for Eden, 7th Saga, Paladin's Quest, Brain Lord, Robotrek, Ogre Battle.

While it's true they had closed down when Dragon Quest VI and the subsequent remake of DQIII came out. They were very much kicking when Dragon Quest V was released. Poor Sales of late release Dragon Quest IV seems to have been the doom of Dragon Quest V. It was released in Japan the same year NA got DQIV.

Anyway Nintendo took over the publishing of Illusion of Gaia for 1994, even though Enix of America was still kicking. Enix of America would close down after they chucked out Ogre Battle. In fact they probably would have shut down earlier. It is however interesting to note that Robo Trek took like 4 months to translate at most.

Also keep in mind it is the last actual Enix that came over Ogre Battle just used the Enix of America resources for Ocean. Point being EoA was pretty much closed down in the US at the time. That's why Mystic Ark, Dragon Quest VI, & Star Ocean did not end up in the US. It the reason Nintendo had to take over for Terranigma in Europe and Mischief Makers on N64.

Enix wouldn't reopen a western branch till like 1999 and Star Ocean 2's release. In the end DQV SNES was just a victim for the false Japanese premise that the West wanted easier RPG or action games. Same reason we got Final Fantasy Mystic Quest over Final Fantasy V, and Romancing SaGa, from Square back then(Romancing SaGa is actually the game Mystic Quest replaced, but the lack of FFV is always cited).
#23shadowenclave47Posted 7/23/2014 4:18:59 PM
Well i will probably grind anyway just to make sure i won't have any trouble.
---
Hyperdimension Neptunia is my favorite JRPG series this/last gen!
Currently playing: P3 FES, P4G, HDN Victory, Final Fantasy 9
#24LordrvPosted 7/25/2014 3:38:30 PM
We never got Romancing Saga. What crack are you smoking?
#25lordofthenlpplePosted 7/25/2014 3:45:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRjufrVqEw

Heres gameplay footage. Im not so sure if it really pushed any boundaries
---
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg