So wii u isnt dead anymore?

#1PaladinAlikPosted 7/23/2014 3:00:47 PM
heard after e3 peoples interest had it equal with ps4 and xbone

coupled with the massive sales increase due to mario kart 8

can we say wii u is back in the game at least?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#2SoulBlayZPosted 7/23/2014 3:05:34 PM
yes mk8 and e3 definitely helped. the future line up actually looks good. especially smash, which will give it another boost.
---
Think all rpgs are the same? bet ya like Call of Duty.. if im right, stfu
PSN OverLord_BlayZen, Nintendo Net. ID. SoulBlayz
#3VidgmchtrPosted 7/23/2014 3:06:21 PM
It was never really dead to begin with
#4SoulBlayZPosted 7/23/2014 3:06:47 PM
but, ninty still needs to learn to advertise wiiu
---
Think all rpgs are the same? bet ya like Call of Duty.. if im right, stfu
PSN OverLord_BlayZen, Nintendo Net. ID. SoulBlayz
#5crucialPosted 7/23/2014 3:07:42 PM
No because it's not getting anything this year except Smash with zero 3rd party support and MK8 will be the worst MK when it comes to game sales and Wii U has all ready died a little after the release of MK8,360 outsold Wii U last week,it will get little boost's 2 or 3 times a year with each exclusive released,people now are just using it as there 2nd or 3rd console as a back up,mine is not even hooked up until Zelda or Star Fox is released,no 3rd party support just kills any console,it was never dead and won't flat line but its going to finish in dead last and sell less then GC.
#6CubeTVPosted 7/23/2014 3:14:50 PM
crucial posted...
,people now are just using it as there 2nd or 3rd console as a back up,mine is not even hooked up

This. Heck, I actually have mine in its original box in my closet.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#7gamebuyer22Posted 7/23/2014 3:18:14 PM
It spiked a little bit but nothing to turn it around. People are really over exaggerating the sales. Mario Kart couldnt even push that many systems. Now Smash will? I dont think so. 3rd tier games like Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors or even a quality game like Bayonetta wont help. Smash is gonna sell on 3DS not the other way around.
#8pillsburyboy22Posted 7/23/2014 3:24:26 PM(edited)
The only people who thought the Wii U was dead were the people who blindly listen to the big gaming websites without using their own brain. Just because it doesn't sell as well as something else doesn't mean it was a failure. The Wii U may have been selling less than expected but it was nowhere near a "dead" console. It's no Dreamcast, and sure as hell isn't the new Atari 2600.

The same thing happened with the Ouya. It didn't sell well so suddenly all the gaming websites decided to overreact and claim it was a complete failure. Now if you ask anyone about the Ouya the typical response is, "Oh the console that plays cheap cell phone ports. Lulz. I'm too cool for that." Guess what, the Ouya still exists and they plan on releasing the Ouya 2 later this year. Not that anyone would know that from reading IGN or Gamespot though.
#9Nmilek1Posted 7/23/2014 3:24:13 PM
Can only speak for myself but as a mainly PC guy Nintendo is the only one offering anything interesting at the moment, the majority of the 3rd party support always hits PC in better quality and Sony / Microsofts exclusive's are dull or quickly shrinking like when Dead Rising 3 was announced for PC.

Smash, Hyrule Warriors, New Zelda was enough to push me to buy one soon anyway.
#10DaLaggaPosted 7/23/2014 3:25:11 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
It spiked a little bit but nothing to turn it around. People are really over exaggerating the sales. Mario Kart couldnt even push that many systems. Now Smash will? I dont think so. 3rd tier games like Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors or even a quality game like Bayonetta wont help. Smash is gonna sell on 3DS not the other way around.

Pretty much this. MK8 caused a small surge in sales but that's about it. And that surge has completely died down with the system selling about 6k units less last week in Japan than it did the same week a year ago.