So wii u isnt dead anymore?

#11HeracylostPosted 7/23/2014 3:31:05 PM
pillsburyboy22 posted...
The only people who thought the Wii U was dead were the people who blindly listen to the big gaming websites without using their own brain. Just because it doesn't sell as well as something else doesn't mean it was a failure. The Wii U may have been selling less than expected but it was nowhere near a "dead" console. It's no Dreamcast, and sure as hell isn't the new Atari 2600.

The same thing happened with the Ouya. It didn't sell well so suddenly all the gaming websites decided to overreact and claim it was a complete failure. Now if you ask anyone about the Ouya the typical response is, "Oh the console that plays cheap cell phone ports. Lulz. I'm too cool for that." Guess what, the Ouya still exists and they plan on releasing the Ouya 2 later this year. Not that anyone would know that from reading IGN or Gamespot though.

Don't blaspheme! Dreamcast is a great system, has a ton of great games.
Can't say the same for the U. My U is packed away. Dreamcast is hooked up tho.
#12pillsburyboy22Posted 7/23/2014 3:42:36 PM(edited)
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...
The only people who thought the Wii U was dead were the people who blindly listen to the big gaming websites without using their own brain. Just because it doesn't sell as well as something else doesn't mean it was a failure. The Wii U may have been selling less than expected but it was nowhere near a "dead" console. It's no Dreamcast, and sure as hell isn't the new Atari 2600.

The same thing happened with the Ouya. It didn't sell well so suddenly all the gaming websites decided to overreact and claim it was a complete failure. Now if you ask anyone about the Ouya the typical response is, "Oh the console that plays cheap cell phone ports. Lulz. I'm too cool for that." Guess what, the Ouya still exists and they plan on releasing the Ouya 2 later this year. Not that anyone would know that from reading IGN or Gamespot though.

I'm not saying Dreamcast doesn't have good games. It was an objective failure simply because they abandoned the platform.

And saying the Wii U doesn't have good games is completely your opinion.

I, personally, can't stand shooters. I tried my hardest to enjoy The Last of Us, but no amount of atmosphere and story could make me enjoy the gameplay. In the end I just gave up and watched the cutscenes on Youtube. If you remove shooters from the PS4 and XB1 lineups, Wii U has by far the best lineup as far as I am concerned.
#13hydrocrushPosted 7/23/2014 3:45:48 PM
xbone is dead though
---
gamefaqs mods are below even sony fanboys they abuse power often and some times will ban you for "Moderator Discretion" someone needs to ban them
#14HeracylostPosted 7/23/2014 3:55:41 PM
pillsburyboy22 posted...
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...

I'm not saying Dreamcast wasn't a good system. It was an objective failure simply because they abandoned the platform.

I, personally, can't stand shooters. If you remove shooters from the PS4 and XB1 lineups, Wii U has by far the best lineup as far as I am concerned.

But in comparison to the PS3/360. The U may as well be a VirtualBoy game wise.
Not a huge fan of shooters either, hence I don't have a Xbone or PS4. But games are coming. The U, 3-4 games in the remainder of the year? On a already older system. Not gonna hold my attention long. Come on be realistic.
My Wii/U collection maybe 25-30 games?
My PS3/360 collection somewhere over 120-140 games.

That's just sad. It's a companion system at best. At worst its a novelty.
#15Flare7Posted 7/23/2014 3:57:03 PM
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...

I'm not saying Dreamcast wasn't a good system. It was an objective failure simply because they abandoned the platform.

I, personally, can't stand shooters. If you remove shooters from the PS4 and XB1 lineups, Wii U has by far the best lineup as far as I am concerned.

Not a huge fan of shooters either, hence I don't have a Xbone or PS4. But games are coming. The U, 3-4 games in the remainder of the year? On a already older system. Not gonna hold my attention long. Come on be realistic.

You have time to play that many games?
#16pillsburyboy22Posted 7/23/2014 4:06:09 PM
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...

You obviously have an interest in a lot more games than I do then. I just looked at my PS3 collection and I have 15 games that I bought last gen. I bought 12 Wii games. I currently own 4 Wii U games and plan on purchasing another 5 in the next year. If I had a PS4, there are 2 games I would have bought so far and 3 more in the next year that I have an interest in.

As you can see, just because you don't have an interest in certain types of games doesn't mean every one shares your opinion. For me, and countless others, the Wii U provides the best value for our gaming interests.
#17HeracylostPosted 7/23/2014 4:06:45 PM
Flare7 posted...
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...
Heracylost posted...
pillsburyboy22 posted...

You have time to play that many games?

Right now World of Tanks chews my gaming hours up. But honestly yeah. I jump around in and play them from time to time. I get most of them on the cheap, so its not like I don't get my money's worth. Picked up Tomb Raider for 10$ beat the crap out of it. Best ten bucks I spent all year.
#18Flare7Posted 7/23/2014 4:08:03 PM
I literally own 3 PS3 games. It's more or less just a virtual PS1/PS2 mule for me.

About 30 360 games, but some of these are regular xbox i.e. KOTOR 1+2 and Morrowind GOTY.
#19EndgamePosted 7/23/2014 4:13:12 PM
coupled with the massive sales increase due to mario kart 8

if 140k in a month is a "massive sales boost" for Wii U, then yes, it is dead in the water
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#20Wii_TruthPosted 7/23/2014 4:18:35 PM
It is enjoying moderate success.
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!