So wii u isnt dead anymore?

#31Who_Dat504Posted 7/23/2014 4:31:01 PM
HotCrumpets posted...
People forget to realize about Nintendo consoles is all you really need is Zelda, Smash bros, and MArio Kart 8 and it will still sell well. It is probably gonna come in 2nd this gen, because the only real battle is between Microsoft and Sony, and I doubt Xbox is gonna catch up to Sony anytime soon. In short Nintendo never abandons a console early.

The Wii U is going to sell less then the GameCube and will probably not make it to 20 million, you call that selling well.
---
Saints, LSU, and Pelicans fan!
#32ruiza97Posted 7/23/2014 5:29:40 PM
Who_Dat504 posted...
HotCrumpets posted...
People forget to realize about Nintendo consoles is all you really need is Zelda, Smash bros, and MArio Kart 8 and it will still sell well. It is probably gonna come in 2nd this gen, because the only real battle is between Microsoft and Sony, and I doubt Xbox is gonna catch up to Sony anytime soon. In short Nintendo never abandons a console early.

The Wii U is going to sell less then the GameCube and will probably not make it to 20 million, you call that selling well.

WTF do you consider well? or better yet have you ever sold 20 million of anything?
#33retrogoodsPosted 7/23/2014 5:31:21 PM
ruiza97 posted...
Who_Dat504 posted...
HotCrumpets posted...

WTF do you consider well? or better yet have you ever sold 20 million of anything?

Anything better than GameCube. It needs more than the usual 1st party games, which aren't worth a care outside of yearly Mario titles for the Wii U.
---
How to ignore people: 1. Click on user's message detail. 2 Scroll to Ignore. 3. Click on Ignore. Boom. You ignore the person's topics and posts.
#34Miiri0Posted 7/23/2014 5:35:05 PM
DaLagga posted...
gamebuyer22 posted...
It spiked a little bit but nothing to turn it around. People are really over exaggerating the sales. Mario Kart couldnt even push that many systems. Now Smash will? I dont think so. 3rd tier games like Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors or even a quality game like Bayonetta wont help. Smash is gonna sell on 3DS not the other way around.

Pretty much this. MK8 caused a small surge in sales but that's about it. And that surge has completely died down with the system selling about 6k units less last week in Japan than it did the same week a year ago.

Yes. Now, Wii U is pretty much Nintendo fan service console. Those who think other wise is just in huge denial.
#35brentendo3Posted 7/23/2014 5:38:12 PM(edited)
Has someone posted this yet?

http://i.minus.com/iVTT7iHZ0KMgK.gif
#361337RoosterPosted 7/23/2014 5:38:47 PM
I don't think it was ever really dead, its just that nintendo had hoped to sell way more units.
---
Thank you for playing. Yes. I am number one!
#37zLeedPosted 7/23/2014 5:40:58 PM
I wonder why people don't just play what they enjoy and stop trying to make everything more complicated than it needs to be. Always with the same tired reasons and explanations for buying/not buying a system and the usual "my opinion is fact" responses.
---
Derpy Derpy :3
#38Eordaz9634Posted 7/23/2014 5:46:28 PM
zLeed posted...
I wonder why people don't just play what they enjoy and stop trying to make everything more complicated than it needs to be. Always with the same tired reasons and explanations for buying/not buying a system and the usual "my opinion is fact" responses.

Because its against their code. They feel like bashing a console makes them feel like they made the right choice of the console they bought.
#39MarsonitePosted 7/23/2014 5:57:02 PM
I wouldn't exactly gloat. The sustained increase in weekly units sold since MK8 is a pleasant surprise, but their next major title isn't until Smash Bros. and who knows when that's even coming out. Nintendo still has a massive amount of work cut out for them.

Don't expect things to change much in the way of third party development, 'cause it ain't happening. Third party companies, have made up their minds about the Wii U a long time ago and it would take monster numbers from the Wii U - not the pretty good numbers we're seeing presently - to change them. So, the situation remains the same: Nintendo has to go balls to the wall pumping out games to make up for the deficiency or we'll continue to see droughts that will hurt them even in 2015. If I were Nintendo, I would be going nuts trying to squeeze pump out as much exploitable IP as I could get my hands on and let everyone know about it, not playing coy about tee hee, maybe a Star Fox might get developed and no word yet on Metroid or F-Zero or whatever.

Of course, if anyone should be embarrassed by all of this, it's Microsoft. Even without the ball-and-chain that was the Kinect, the Xbox is still struggling to keep up with even the Wii U now.
#40maizemaizePosted 7/23/2014 5:57:25 PM
Wii U was never dead. Just needed a bit software support.