Mega Man Battle Network coming to NA VC next week

#31Tadamoto6Posted 7/24/2014 9:03:32 AM
Why couldn't they just make a battle network collection for 3DS? Then we could trade and battle online.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zp7rImV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/VMAQCCW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SjVh9qV.gif http://i.imgur.com/BfPnep6.gif
#32AllstarJasonPosted 7/24/2014 9:46:43 AM
Tadamoto6 posted...
Why couldn't they just make a battle network collection for 3DS? Then we could trade and battle online.

Easier to just upload the games as are onto the virtual console.

Also I'm not entirely sure that a 3DS collection could be contained on a single 3DS cart. Some of the games are decently long. Maybe if they did it in two parts.
---
~Vancouver Canucks~
#33DTY3Posted 7/24/2014 9:59:30 AM
AllstarJason posted...
Tadamoto6 posted...

Also I'm not entirely sure that a 3DS collection could be contained on a single 3DS cart. Some of the games are decently long. Maybe if they did it in two parts.

GBA ROMs are not that big.
#34The Top CrusaderPosted 7/24/2014 12:16:32 PM
I played the second one first and when I went back to this game it was a little hard to adjust from the changes implemented in the sequel, so I didn't play it very long. I might give it another go since it's been ages since I played anything in the series.
---
Author of Titans of Toho: An Unauthorized Guide to the Godzilla Series and the Rest of Toho's Giant Monster Film Library
#35SoeroahPosted 7/24/2014 6:54:29 PM
AllstarJason posted...
Tadamoto6 posted...

Pokemon Emerald is like 7 megs. A 3DS cartridge can hold at least 2 gigabytes.

I'm sure every Battle Network game could be put on one cartridge for the 3DS many times over.

It's the matter of reworking the programming and the like to fit with the 3DS that would stop Capcom from doing it. Not that I don't wish there was a collection x.x
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#36Akihiko__SanadaPosted 7/28/2014 9:53:32 PM
3DS: Has been getting VC for years, and there's only a few good titles released.

Wii U: Has had GBA VC for a few weeks, and almost every title I want badly.

> Does not have a Wii U.

FFFFFF...
---
Hyped for: Super Danganronpa 2, Layton vs Ace Attorney, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Playing: Atelier Totori Plus, Etrian Odyssey IV (postgame), DK Country Returns
#37burningxbridgesPosted 7/31/2014 6:26:59 AM
I can't wait to jack in
C'mon Nintendo, hurry up, I gotta kill some viruses
#38cha_fan1Posted 7/31/2014 6:38:14 AM
Also, every Thursday in August will be a classic Mega Man game. Source: Nintendo Press Room site.
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#39burningxbridgesPosted 7/31/2014 6:41:57 AM
cha_fan1 posted...
Also, every Thursday in August will be a classic Mega Man game. Source: Nintendo Press Room site.

Dang. There goes all my DDP money I've been saving up. Really hope we get BN 2 & 3.
#40noutBrPosted 7/31/2014 6:45:20 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
burningxbridges posted...
Demon_Acker posted...
The annoying thing with MMBN3 is that you needed both versions if you wanted all the cards

They need to change that somehow, if they add it on the VC

I'm sure they'll add both versions, because money. What I don't know however is how trading would even work.

You just need the emulator to try and connect to a player online when you choose to connect via cable. It's been done with PC emulators, it can be done with VC too if Nintendo and Capcom actually implement it.

We know it's possible and technically not too difficult but we also know it will never happen, at least not any time soon. If Nintendo had any plans to give their GBA emulator link cable support they should and would have done it already because even MMBN1 has trading/battling, luckily it doesn't require it for 100% completion unlike every MMBN after it though.

But with Nintendo's lazy and shoddy VC offerings ever since they introduced the VC I have no intention of investing much time and money into it. Everytime I have a retro itch to be scratched the game is either not available on VC, way to expensive (considering I already own the original cartridge most of the times) or 50hz (yeah, I'm Dutch).

I'm currently in the process of replaying all MMBN games on my GBA Micro, small screen but at least it's portable and I can trade using my GBA and GBA SP.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r