Should I get Super Mario Land 2, or Dr. Luigi? PLEASE READ MY STORY BEFORE REPLY

#1MichaelollPosted 7/23/2014 5:54:32 PM
Okay so I narrowed down my Club Nintendo options to these two games, please don't try to advertise any others. I'm pretty sure these are the best two after I carefully looked at the rest/what I had and did not have.

Whenever I do surveys on Club Nintendo, I spam "Make a Daisy game," in the other description box, and lo and behold, Super Mario Land, Daisy's first game was the reward for that game's year.

As a true Daisy fan I had to get it since I didn't have it.

Anyway, Super Mario Land 2 doesn't have Daisy -_- but the levels seem a bit interesting. I am just worried I won't ever beat it. I still have not beat Skyward Sword.... I got Pokemon X on release and am at Abomnasnow right now... yeah I take my time with games

ANYWAY, Doctor Luigi? It seems okay, the only reason I would get it is to play with my sister occasionally. As that one game on the wIi U where you're bored and just wanna play a quick fun versus... is it worth it?

All in all I still have a lot more of Pokemon X to satisfy my single player needs and I am getting Wii Party U for the Wii U so that satisfies the multiplayer needs.

WHAT GAME SHOULD I ULTIMATELY GET?
#2Edouard_kerooPosted 7/23/2014 6:07:54 PM
It seems that you have already low expectations on both sides...

Don't you plan on playing solo for Dr. Luigi ? I pretty much assume you won't be using it often.

SML2 is great and long enough but as you have a backlog, you'll basically put it on the stackpile.

If you don't plan to spend time on Dr Luigi (solo or online), SML2 is the best choice...You know the concept of dr Mario, it can be boring pretty quickly and has to be enjoyed in short bursts.
---
PSN:Omilun
#3Michaeloll(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:11:04 PM
Edouard_keroo posted...
It seems that you have already low expectations on both sides...

Don't you plan on playing solo for Dr. Luigi ? I pretty much assume you won't be using it often.

SML2 is great and long enough but as you have a backlog, you'll basically put it on the stackpile.

If you don't plan to spend time on Dr Luigi (solo or online), SML2 is the best choice...You know the concept of dr Mario, it can be boring pretty quickly and has to be enjoyed in short bursts.

how well is it's multi player?
#4ToozinPosted 7/23/2014 6:13:54 PM
Super Mario Land 2 is $4 and literally the worst deal out of all the rewards.

Get Dr. Luigi, buy Mario.
#5Edouard_kerooPosted 7/23/2014 6:18:58 PM
It's okay, it does its job but nothing surprising (quite lacking in modes and settings). Online wise, I mainly faced japanese players.
---
#6Michaeloll(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:31:07 PM
Toozin posted...
Super Mario Land 2 is $4 and literally the worst deal out of all the rewards.

Get Dr. Luigi, buy Mario.

i'm not worried about the price. if i wasn't given the chance i wouldn't purchase EITHER of them.

i already stated i chose super mario land that one time over other things so clearly price of game isn't important.

do you know how long the gameplay of super mario land 2 is? is it as short as super mario land?
#7Michaeloll(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2014 6:31:42 PM
Edouard_keroo posted...
It's okay, it does its job but nothing surprising (quite lacking in modes and settings). Online wise, I mainly faced japanese players.

I meant its* my bad.

Do you happen to know how long the game play of sml2 is?
#8ColdKillerXPosted 7/23/2014 6:36:40 PM

Get doc luigi, worth $15. a unique digital console exclusive

a physical GB cart of Mario Land 2 is only worth like $4 so a digital download of a game that old is worthless, waste of a reward.

DK, Game & Wario, or Dr. Luigi, NES Remix are the only worthwhile options

---
| - ColdKiller X | Brawl Code: 2835-9755-9166 (CKX) |
#9ColdKillerXPosted 7/23/2014 6:37:42 PM

Also Peach is the greatest there is, silly Daisy fan.

---
| - ColdKiller X | Brawl Code: 2835-9755-9166 (CKX) |
#10Edouard_kerooPosted 7/23/2014 6:38:43 PM
There are 36 levels, 6 per zone.

It's fairly long for an handheld game, but shorter than a nsmb game.

If you ultimately plan to get both, I recommend you to follow Toozin suggestion : Dr Luigi is 15 bucks whil sml 2 is only 4.
---