Since everone loves Earthbound. Yahtzee is reviewing it.

#21R_HunterPosted 7/23/2014 11:45:20 PM
Lvthn posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Who?

https://www.google.com/#q=who+is+yahtzee

Hard, I know.

Of course you're just playing dumb. I might point out that you succeeded, so far as giving that impression goes.

No I actually had no idea who he was, but thanks for the google search, that I already did.

I don't appreciate the second half of your post though.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#22RadarPosted 7/23/2014 11:46:02 PM
I remember loving him back in the early 2000's, when I loved anything British and remotely funny. His comics and site were very funny, and his games were mostly brilliant.

His reviews, however remind me of Dennis Miller. Rattle off ten jokes in the hope that one hits.
---
{missing_var_sig}
#23Mandrew257Posted 7/23/2014 11:57:47 PM
R_Hunter posted...
Lvthn posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Who?

https://www.google.com/#q=who+is+yahtzee

Hard, I know.

Of course you're just playing dumb. I might point out that you succeeded, so far as giving that impression goes.

No I actually had no idea who he was, but thanks for the google search, that I already did.

I don't appreciate the second half of your post though.

Me neither.
---
Playing Blitzball in Final Fantasy X makes me want to kill myself
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257
#24arstosPosted 7/24/2014 12:14:32 AM
I enjoy the hell out of yahtzees reviews, they're f****** useless for help deciding if I want a game, but they're great fun otherwise.
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian
#25yuki020Posted 7/24/2014 12:36:16 AM
I tried it and hated it maybe I am missing something guess it isn't for me
#26Death_BornPosted 7/24/2014 1:03:33 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
I used to like Yahtzee, but I realized pretty quickly he's an awful reviewer. He lets his many, many biases overrun his reviews, to the point where it becomes nitpicking. This would be tolerable if he didn't slam nearly everything he reviews. I've only seen him say he liked a game only once or twice. Really, his "reviews" are more like rants from an unpleasable brat.

Yeah, I feel the same way about his reviews, they used to be funny but now I just expect him to pan the game in every nitpicky way possible even if it's a good game.
#27MetalDialgaPosted 7/24/2014 1:27:39 AM
R_Hunter posted...
Who?

My thoughts exactly.
---
PSN: Varkarsh
Metroid fan all the way.
#28Purging_FlamePosted 7/24/2014 1:28:40 AM
Yahtzee isn't a reviewer, he's a comedian. Whether his comedy is effective or not is entirely up to the viewer, but taking what he says in his reviews seriously is pretty foolish.
---
Failing at life this hard should be a ToS violation. - TennCaseys Encore
if you have standards it just lowers the amount of stuff you can enjoy. - yusiko
#29DanWoods85Posted 7/24/2014 1:43:29 AM
Purging_Flame posted...
Yahtzee isn't a reviewer, he's a comedian. Whether his comedy is effective or not is entirely up to the viewer, but taking what he says in his reviews seriously is pretty foolish.

This.

Also, Yahtzee refers to himself as a CRITIC not REVIEWER. There is a difference.
---
NNID: DanWoods1985 PSN: DanWoods1985 PS4N: Cowabunga1985
3DS FC: 0688-5613-3316 GamerTag: DanWoods1985
#30super_taco_ftwPosted 7/24/2014 1:50:04 AM
Purging_Flame posted...

Pretty much this. You don't watch his reviess for information on whether the games good or not. On that note though, when he actually says its a great game in the review, you can be fairly sure it's worth buying.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0774-4505-2766 (Excadrill/Klang/Mawile)
"I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!"- Light Yagami