Since everone loves Earthbound. Yahtzee is reviewing it.

#31Maverick_ReznorPosted 7/24/2014 1:52:24 AM
arstos posted...
I enjoy the hell out of yahtzees reviews, they're f****** useless for help deciding if I want a game, but they're great fun otherwise.

this, they are joke reviews from an Australian gamer with nothing to do down under. They are just made for the sake of being funny and nothing else.
---
Currently Playing : Final Fantasy 6, Wonderful 101, and Titanfall
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound
#32ReloadPsiPosted 7/24/2014 2:17:19 AM
I view EarthBound and the rest of the series as a shining example of developers giving the finger to other regions with game releases. PAL gamer, you see.

That being said, I did play it a long time ago, back when that wasn't my view on it (Mother 3 hadn't been withheld from us yet.) I thought it was pretty lame. Dirt simple plot about how bad the bad person is and you must be good and stop how he is bad, to the point that everything else they throw in there is irrelevant padding. "Oh no Giygas' influence! More Giygas' influence! Even more Giygas' influence! He is bad! Do you get that? Oh and here's some random humour that is crazy awesome but sadly amounts to wasting the player's time and would be better off in a better-written game where the humour can be a little respite instead of coming across as more padding." Yeah the tone is interesting, but the game's talent for putting stuff in to stall for time isn't.

I ragequit this game when I finally got sick of constantly looking after Paula's HP. She's normally the kind of character I'd eventually give up on and leave dead for the rest of the game (this is how I often treat my squishy wizards; constantly looking after a character who's only useful in a few fights that you can manage without them anyway is not my idea of fun) but due to spoilers I'm aware that the game is unwinnable without her.

The final boss is admittedly amazingly cool, but even then because it's such a jarring shift in everything, it just further highlights what a mess of randomly cobbled time-wastery everything in this game amounts to.
---
Kids, there's nothing wrong with admitting something you like isn't good. It's called manning up and being able to admit you don't always have the best taste.
#33TestaALTPosted 7/24/2014 2:41:10 AM
Had no idea who this was. Used Google and saw it was a dice game!
#34SabramPosted 7/24/2014 3:12:19 AM
You can easily see he's not a reviewer in that he doesnt give any kind of score. All he does is put his opinion to a somewhat entertaining and badly drawn cartoon.

If ZP could be classified anywhere, it would be in Editorials.
---
Dark Souls 2 + Dragon's Crown crossover game needs to happen.
PSN: Sabram - NNID: Sabram - Gamertag: Sabram
#35kilaudePosted 7/24/2014 3:18:52 AM
R_Hunter posted...
Who?

---
FC: 2638-0092-9141
#36Darkside_ShadowPosted 7/24/2014 3:21:15 AM
It's satire, sarcasm and irony. 9 out of 10 people doesn't have the intellectual spectrum to comprehend it.

In other words: Whoooosh! right over the head.
#37sonicsonicPosted 7/24/2014 3:28:47 AM
I think he is a decent reviewer... and he isn't even trying to be one. They are meant to be jokes. Every now and then, he will make a comment that shows that more or less he does have a good idea of what gaming is.
---
3DS FC:0688-5946-1084 Pokemon TSV-4026 IGN: Jack
NNID:SuperSegaSonic PSN:Sonicsuper1
#38LvthnPosted 7/24/2014 3:33:39 AM(edited)
R_Hunter posted...
Lvthn posted...
Mandrew257 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Who?

https://www.google.com/#q=who+is+yahtzee

Hard, I know.

Of course you're just playing dumb. I might point out that you succeeded, so far as giving that impression goes.

No I actually had no idea who he was, but thanks for the google search, that I already did.

I don't appreciate the second half of your post though.

Then don't make posts that deserve to be called out. Your explanation actually makes less sense than what I assumed - so you posted about not knowing, right before looking it up, rather than look it up, then join the discussion? Why?

Feigning ignorance on the internet IS dumb. You're using a machine that instantly looks up anything.
#39AdalwulfyPosted 7/24/2014 3:52:20 AM
sonicsonic posted...
I think he is a decent reviewer... and he isn't even trying to be one. They are meant to be jokes. Every now and then, he will make a comment that shows that more or less he does have a good idea of what gaming is.

This.

Sabram posted...
You can easily see he's not a reviewer in that he doesnt give any kind of score. All he does is put his opinion to a somewhat entertaining and badly drawn cartoon.

If ZP could be classified anywhere, it would be in Editorials.

See, this is the problem with "professional" reviews in general.
And it wouldn't even be so much a problem, if a lot of them didn't do it the awful IGN way of scoring games.
---
For anyone confused about what makes a game a JRPG or WRPG, please educate yourself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_rvM6hubs8
#40Fenrir-JuubiPosted 7/24/2014 4:24:18 AM
Yahtzee, the inventor of the PC Master Race?

I don't even liked Earthbound, but my reaction to him is basically that:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Kkku-nUCQA

Also, if he's trying to be sarcastic, he's seriously failing at it.
---
I don't know, don't want to know and I hate who knows.