Part of Hyrule Warriors DLC revealed...You can have ALL THE LINKS!

#11DeathSoul2000Posted 7/24/2014 2:54:28 AM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Why don't they focus on actually releasing a polished final product on time instead of already making worthless costume DLCs?

What exactly about the game looks unfinished to you? From the looks of the videos l'd say the game is right on target, and this is something extra to do in their spare time.
#12AkaneJonesPosted 7/24/2014 3:18:33 AM
Billysan posted...
MushroomMuncher posted...
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/233724-hyrule-warriors-more-art-screens-and-dlc-costumes

So you can have the Links and Zelda's from the different games....uhhhh, neat?

Nope. No Link to the Past, Link which is just really stupid!

Uhm.. Base on what he have seen the game actually takes place on the Child Link Time Line. That means the only other Link & Zelda currently available to them is the Minish Cap one. Oh sure there is also The Four Swords Adventure one, but seeing as Capcom just used the same art. The problem there is those games use the "Toon" Link style which would look weird other wise in this game.

I got the feeling that you couldn't cross the Time Lines in the game and since they go the Twilight Princess Route, Link to the Past, Link Between World, Oracle of Season/Age, & the original are off limits. The oracle them selves were also in Minish Cap, before the split, though. Not that the game has to actually do with the real canon, just that it can't skip between the three time lines.
#13ArabrockermanXPosted 7/24/2014 3:40:00 AM
king_madden posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Why don't they focus on actually releasing a polished final product on time instead of already making worthless costume DLCs?

Seeing as though its a costume I doubt vast amounts of time was put into it. The games probably pretty much done at this point

This is the kind of DLC I hate though... Alternate costumes used to be unlockable in many games, now we get it as a DLC... I can't say I was interested in this game to begin with but Nintendo could have thought of better DLC(I know they aren't the developer but they are the publisher).
#14QuagsireQingPosted 7/24/2014 6:19:04 AM
Still no Toon Link. I'll keep hoping.
---
"Cats...are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
--S. Miyamoto
#15Schwepps01Posted 7/24/2014 6:30:20 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
What exactly about the game looks unfinished to you? From the looks of the videos l'd say the game is right on target, and this is something extra to do in their spare time.

Of course you'd say that, you're defensive of anything Nintendo-related. You're defending DLC planned for an unreleased game and then you turn around and proudly proclaim that Nintendo never releases unfinished games and that was apparently your saving grace for the Wii U. So which is it bro?
---
"Does that have unknown games in it?" --squatch22 inquiring if a list of upcoming PS4 games has unannounced games on it
#16DeathSoul2000Posted 7/24/2014 6:37:33 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

Of course you'd say that, you're defensive of anything Nintendo-related.

Oh get off my back and **** off. Look at this -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65907016

A troll topic. Started by ME. I'm not above bashing Nintendo when l feel like it, and l'm not below praising them when l feel like it either. Go ahead, google search me, that's not the only negative post of mine against Nintendo.

You're defending DLC planned for an unreleased game and then you turn around and proudly proclaim that Nintendo never releases unfinished games and that was apparently your saving grace for the Wii U. So which is it bro?

1. DLC doesn't equal unfinished. lt may equal cash grab, but it doesn't equal unfinished.
2. Where did l ever say it was a "saving grace?"
3. lt's not even made by Nintendo.
#17Alfieri xPosted 7/24/2014 6:48:46 AM
At the risk of sounding naive and ignorant, is this going to be paid DLC?
---
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#18SonytendoPosted 7/24/2014 6:56:24 AM
Alfieri x posted...
At the risk of sounding naive and ignorant, is this going to be paid DLC?

Tecmo has already stated it's paid in Japan where they're publishing. I doubt Nintendo would give it away free to the rest of the world.
#19helldewPosted 7/24/2014 7:12:50 AM

because programmers are the ones fixing bugs artists are the ones making the costumes getting a costume into engine when you already have a working game isnt hard bug squashing is something the artists cant do. so while the programmers are focusing on debugging the artists cant make new content so their supplementing the already made content plus from a marketing standpoint it just makes the game more sellable and fanservicy which is a good thing for the development team.
---
Competitive smash, random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helld3w il follow back :p
#20XImperialDragonPosted 7/24/2014 7:17:03 AM
Damnit, why aren't these unlockable costumes?

I'm not above buying DLCs, but costumes before a game's release, gold or not, puts a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I can hope that it becomes a, "Buy this game new" incentive or something outside of Japan.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.