Aside from Smash Bros. what other games could help Wii U sales?

#21notrandomPosted 7/30/2014 8:33:29 PM
Smash will give the system a boost and so will Zelda U but nothing else. MK was their biggest gun and it didn't do all that much.
All of Nintendo other first party games don't sell nearly as much to make a real difference.
---
Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to Namco and Koei's overpriced as hell DLC. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#22Slave 1Posted 7/30/2014 10:12:04 PM
Another Smash Bros game. Seriously. Nintendo should think about releasing one every 2 years. It's tailor-made to be an evergreen franchise since it is constantly taking the pulse of gaming every few years. Why not shorten the cycle? I think everyone would agree that the wait between Smash games is too damn long. Smash is hugely popular for a year and then it fades into the background for 4-5 years until development on the next one ramps up again. Can you imagine if it took 6 1/2 years to make a sequel to every movie franchise you like?

Continuous development of the franchise would allow for better responsiveness to fans and it would allow for popular franchises to be incorporated more quickly, thereby boosting those series as well. The last Smash was so damn long ago that it didn't even have content from Super Mario Galaxy for crying out loud. If a kid learns about video games from Smash, what has he learned since 2007 when Brawl was finalized? Brawl hasn't been much use in boosting other franchises for years now. It's ancient news.

My point is, Nintendo needs to forget about their "one per generation" rule for Smash. It's an archaic mentality for one of their most popular franchises because it's a unique franchise that's in the position of never having too much content. Putting a Smash game out more often (as well as developing a robust online mode) would keep it in the public mind more often and for longer periods of time. In addition, the game naturally promotes all the games represented within it. It's a giant advertisement for the Wii U and the Nintendo brand. Nintendo should kick it up a few notches and keep pumping them out. Gamers will eat it up.
---
Boise State Broncos
Video Game Backlog Count: 22
#23Granadico_Posted 7/30/2014 10:18:01 PM
Slave 1 posted...
Another Smash Bros game. Seriously. Nintendo should think about releasing one every 2 years. It's tailor-made to be an evergreen franchise since it is constantly taking the pulse of gaming every few years. Why not shorten the cycle? I think everyone would agree that the wait between Smash games is too damn long. Smash is hugely popular for a year and then it fades into the background for 4-5 years until development on the next one ramps up again. Can you imagine if it took 6 1/2 years to make a sequel to every movie franchise you like?

Continuous development of the franchise would allow for better responsiveness to fans and it would allow for popular franchises to be incorporated more quickly, thereby boosting those series as well. The last Smash was so damn long ago that it didn't even have content from Super Mario Galaxy for crying out loud. If a kid learns about video games from Smash, what has he learned since 2007 when Brawl was finalized? Brawl hasn't been much use in boosting other franchises for years now. It's ancient news.

My point is, Nintendo needs to forget about their "one per generation" rule for Smash. It's an archaic mentality for one of their most popular franchises because it's a unique franchise that's in the position of never having too much content. Putting a Smash game out more often (as well as developing a robust online mode) would keep it in the public mind more often and for longer periods of time. In addition, the game naturally promotes all the games represented within it. It's a giant advertisement for the Wii U and the Nintendo brand. Nintendo should kick it up a few notches and keep pumping them out. Gamers will eat it up.

This could easily be solved with DLC.
Also, its not in development for 6 years. They barely started development after Kid Icarus Uprising was finished, which means a 2 or 3 year at most dev cycle.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#24NickTheBlitzPosted 7/30/2014 10:21:05 PM
I don't know, guys. 3D World and MK8 are masterpieces, and Wii U's barely budged off the shelves. I'm hyped as all hell for Smash, Bayo, Hyrule Warriors, and Xenoblade; but things don't look good.
---
"Love, hope, faith. The greatest of these: love."
#25EvilcrachittPosted 7/30/2014 10:50:56 PM
Just more quality games will help it, it's stupid to rely on only one or two games to sell.
---
"You can't be racist against whites because they're in power/have privilege."
-Killua553
#26Slave 1Posted 7/31/2014 12:35:30 AM
Granadico_ posted...
Slave 1 posted...

This could easily be solved with DLC.
Also, its not in development for 6 years. They barely started development after Kid Icarus Uprising was finished, which means a 2 or 3 year at most dev cycle.

I have my doubts that Nintendo will ever be fully on board with a major DLC pack due to the Wii U's lack of a serious hard drive. And DLC isn't as kid friendly as retail. Also, let's be honest, if Nintendo wants to make money and move units, they would release a new game at retail every time. People will buy it and Nintendo gets the numbers and money they want.

Reread my post, I never said they develop Smash for 6 years. They basically start when they feel like it, which is dumb for this franchise. They should have teams continuously developing content for Smash and putting it into new releases every few years.
---
Boise State Broncos
Video Game Backlog Count: 22
#27Mega-TyranitarPosted 7/31/2014 12:54:23 AM
Pokemon RPG like Colloseum and XD without Shadow pokemon thing and more closer to main games.
---
Currently Playing:RF4,Pokemon X, FFXIV,Zelda WW,Neptune Re;birth,J-Star Victory VS,Date A Live Rinne Utopia,Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta.
#28Edouard_kerooPosted 8/2/2014 2:12:29 PM
A pokemon game
An exclusive GTA
An Yokai watch game
Minecraft port
---
PSN:Omilun
#29NintendoLover25Posted 8/2/2014 2:14:52 PM
Splatoon maybe, it's pretty original and it seems like they will really try with the advertising for this one since they are showing it off so much compared to how low key their new IPs other than Wii ___ have been recently. I
#30tokujoePosted 8/2/2014 2:23:44 PM
sonic generations 2