Will bayonetta 2 surpass bayonetta 1, the best last gen game

#21SBias73Posted 7/27/2014 9:05:26 PM
But But But what about DMC?

:)
---
Nin ID: Sbias73
Add me. I could talk about gaming all day.
#22lowuwPosted 7/27/2014 9:46:00 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
HighwayPilot posted...
lastofponies posted...
Megamushroom666 posted...
Bayo 2 will surpass Bayo 1, but that wasn't the best last gen game, that's for sure...

Ok what better?
Vanquish & MGRR for example.

MGRR is nowhere near as good as Bayonetta.

Anyway, Ninja Gaiden 2 for the Xbox 360 is the best action game of last generation.

I agree Ninja Gaiden 2 is the best.
#23luminion187Posted 7/27/2014 9:51:43 PM
Bayonetta > Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 > MGR > Ninja Gaiden 2 > DmC > ..................................... > Ninja Gaiden 3
#24king_maddenPosted 7/27/2014 10:18:34 PM
wasnt even the best game that year. maybe make it into the top 10-15.

there like 20+ games better than it that came out before it did too. now if you're just a die hard hack and slash genre type lover then I can see why you would think so, but there were a lot of games that were better imo and a lot of other people.
#25nonexistingheroPosted 7/27/2014 11:17:06 PM
luminion187 posted...
Bayonetta > Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 > MGR > Ninja Gaiden 2 > DmC > ..................................... > Ninja Gaiden 3

I'd say Sigma 2 is far worse than the 360 version of NG2. Enemies have way too much health, controls aren't as responsive, they removed the awesome windmill shuriken and tests of valor and on Master Ninja they adjusted the difficulty from being "brutally hard, but fair" to "almost like playing normal, except you die when you get hit by a projective, throw or certain attacks". The other playable characters don't quite measure up to Ryu either and the new chapters/bosses are terrible and worse than NG2's bosses, even though the bosses in NG2 are kinda the weak part of the game. And they just ruined certain chapters by having encounters be like 4 enemies at max and by removing a lot of encounters and even some enemies. Especially chapter 14 (which is chapter 11 in NG2) feels barren compared to the original.

There's a little extra content and slightly better graphics, but they sacrificed a whole lot to get there. I even left out a lot of small things, like being unable to stun most bosses to get a decent combo in, for example. Anyway, here's a comparison for chapter 14 vs chapter 11 on Master Ninja, there are some spoilers in the vid though (but nothing truly major, since it's not the type of game where spoilers matter).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDAiYc_sy8A
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#26moogle69Posted 7/27/2014 11:44:42 PM
totally agree with the TC, bayonetta, soul series, tales of vesperia + lost odyssey were only really good last gen games on the twin consoles. Wii is another story though...The last story, Xenoblade, Super smash bros brawl, Mkwii, Super mario galaxy, the legend of zelda tp/ss, metroid collection, mario straikers, kirby adventures, i absolutely love the games on that system.

of course fans of ps3/360 won't like hearing this, simple note: my opinion.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSN ID: snoteat01 NN ID: snoteat01
Super Hype: Xenoblade X, SSBU, LOZ:U, Bravely Second, Tales of Zestiria, KH2.5re, Bayonetta 2
#27lastofponies(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 1:59:11 AM
king_madden posted...
wasnt even the best game that year. maybe make it into the top 10-15.

there like 20+ games better than it that came out before it did too. now if you're just a die hard hack and slash genre type lover then I can see why you would think so, but there were a lot of games that were better imo and a lot of other people.

Name them
#28redeyes6778Posted 7/28/2014 2:46:46 AM(edited)
If Bayo 1 was the best game of last gen SEGA would be pumping out the sequel, but seeing as everyone basically abandoned Bayo1's dev team it did not sell well enough to be best game of last gen, I'm pretty sure even the worst Halo's of all time, Halo 4 and Halo 3 ODST on their own outsold bayo 1
#29lastofponies(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2014 2:59:23 AM
redeyes6778 posted...
If Bayo 1 was the best game of last gen SEGA would be pumping out the sequel, but seeing as everyone basically abandoned Bayo1's dev team it did not sell well enough to be best game of last gen, I'm pretty sure even the worst Halo's of all time, Halo 4 and Halo 3 ODST on their own outsold bayo 1

Lol hahahaha
#30SamA7XPosted 7/28/2014 3:13:21 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
SamA7X posted...
The Mass Effect trilogy were the best games of last gen in my opinion. I certainly wouldn't call Bayonetta or Dark Souls the best.

LOL dudebro alert.

Dudebro? Please don't use your American slang on me, I'm not American. In fact I had to Google what Dudebro meant and after reading it's definition I burst out laughing, I'm guessing your calling me that because of my Username right? Take your stereotypical bullcrap elsewhere and grow the hell up. Christ people like you are popping everywhere these days.
---
My Body is ready for: Super Smash Bros IV, Legend of Zelda U,
Bayonetta 2, The Phantom Pain and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.