Is there a gay Nintendo Character?

#151MetroidJunkiePosted 7/27/2014 10:21:09 PM(edited)
AceMos posted...

i belive god wanted adam and eve to eat the fruit

it gave humanity free will and forever exposed lucifer to all of history as evil

No he didn't, Adam and Eve unleashed sin into the world which caused the pains we have to deal with. We already had free will, how else could Adam and Eve disobey him and eat the fruit? It gave them knowledge of good and evil, which is a heavy burden.

ZimbabweBob posted...

I respect your religious beliefs and the right to express them but I feel that bringing religion into this topic does nothing other than muddy the issue. You are presuming the mind of God afterall, and I believe that is a sin all by itself.

I use his written word in order to understand his nature, I didn't come up with this by presumptions, and I only brought this up because it influences my beliefs concerning transgender. If I didn't think we were made by a loving God with intention and that we were just cosmic smears, I'd say cut away.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#152burningxbridgesPosted 7/27/2014 10:18:59 PM
ArabrockermanX posted...
burningxbridges posted...
No, it's hate speech because the definition of hate speech. Also, I have already stated how having an opinion about what someone else does to their body completely invalidates the purpose of an opinion. The point is that nobody needs your approval, you get that part. How you aren't able to make the connection to the fact that your opinion is invalid because it has nothing to do with you however is beyond me.

"No, it's hate speech because the definition of hate speech." You are aware that is not how logical debates work... Just seen that while scrolling through the comments and that is BS of the highest order(looks like it came from Fox News).

Also opinions aren't "invalid" because something has nothing to do with you... People ask you your opinion on things that have nothing to do with you all the time in life(such as is a home/land/car/console/anything worth what they payed).... Opinions can be thrown at anything you don't have to have a personal connection to have an opinion on an issue. Does that mean you or anyone else has to care about that opinion? Of course not so if you don't like it ignore it and if you think the person is being "hateful" ignore them and move on, I have to do that all the time with people in far more powerful positions than a GFAQs member...

Yeah, I further explained why it was hate speech, just didn't think it was necessary. But I was wrong apparently.

Also the opinion/personal thing is something they didn't get either. Maybe I'm not explaining this correctly. You can't have an opinion about someone's gender, because that is something that affects them and only them. When something is inherently personal to the sole individual, other people do not have the right to throw their opinion at it, otherwise it invalidates the reason to have an opinion. If someone wants to ask someone else an opinion about something personal, that's different. That's a valid opinion. When it comes to someone's gender identity, something that just is what it is, and whatever solely personal choices someone takes to align their physical body with their gender or sexual identity, it is not up for discussion or debate, because it's their choice and their choice only as it affects them and only them. Therefore, any opinions about it are invalid. Does that make more sense?
#153Dark MousyPosted 7/27/2014 10:19:38 PM
What a boring world it would have been if they never ate that fruit. No book deal, no fancy jets... I think eating the apple was supposed to happen too.

And with that, I shall leave for bed.
---
New Leaf Dream: 4700-2220-5522
3DS: 1590-4954-3719 NNID: OFFICIALMichi
#154TerraPhantomPosted 7/27/2014 10:22:50 PM(edited)
AceMos posted...
Dark Mousy posted...
Hey that's the same logic for withholding black players from major league baseball for so long. Come on guys, it's 2014.

dont forget how they still wont let woman play with men becuse you aprently need a ***** to swing a bat

You know, as hard as it might be for feminists to believe, there are biological differences between men and women. Said differences, particularly those that arise due to testosterone levels, do give men an advantage in sports. On a non-professional level the differences might not be pronounced enough to be an issue, but when you have athletes in their prime, the men will simply play better. If they didn't separate men and women in sports, women would have little to no representation when discussing top performers.

AceMos posted...
strait white dudes from a middle class familly know nothing of true hardships

I would argue anyone from a middle class family doesn't know much about true hardship. Most everything will boil down to "first world problems".

For whatever it's worth, I'm not white (but I did grow up comfortably from a socioeconomic standpoint)
#155ZimbabweBobPosted 7/27/2014 10:23:36 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...
burningxbridges posted...
You both just responded to posts I made, willingly ignoring the same points I have repeated over and over, because it completely invalidates your arguments. There's clearly no point in continuing this discussion.

The crux of this argument is choice, yes? We both agree that transgenders have the right to choose and have this surgery but where we disagree is that everyone needs be ok with and accepting of this choice. The transgender person is still genetically whatever gender they were born and I don't care what you have stapled on or removed, nothing is going to change that. My opinion, my choice to express that opinion. Do I accept their right of self-determination? absolutely. Do I have to accept this person as their preferred gender? absolutely not. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

Well gender is based off society and culture,not genetics,not all cultures have man/woman duality like in the west. Just saying.

And even in cultures where there is a 3rd option, there are those who disagree with that position and no one sees them as the opposite gender, more as a "middle ground" . Gender is inextricably tied to genetics, just sayin.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID/PSN: ZimbabweBob
#156LordrvPosted 7/27/2014 10:25:59 PM
Birdo. The Magypsies from Mother 3. Captain Rainbow. Yeah, they leave most of the gay characters in Japan. Mostly.
#157AceMosPosted 7/27/2014 10:27:39 PM
TerraPhantom posted...
AceMos posted...
Dark Mousy posted...
Hey that's the same logic for withholding black players from major league baseball for so long. Come on guys, it's 2014.

dont forget how they still wont let woman play with men becuse you aprently need a ***** to swing a bat

You know, as hard as it might be for feminists to believe, there are biological differences between men and women. Said differences, particularly those that arise due to testosterone levels, do give men an advantage in sports. On a non-professional level the differences might not be pronounced enough to be an issue, but when you have athletes in their prime, the men will simply play better. If they didn't separate men and women in sports, women would have little to no representation when discussing top performers.

AceMos posted...
strait white dudes from a middle class familly know nothing of true hardships

I would argue anyone from a middle class family doesn't know much about true hardship. Most everything will boil down to "first world problems".

For whatever it's worth, I'm not white (but I did grow up comfortably from a socioeconomic standpoint)

i agree men and woman being seperated for most sports makes since but 2 issues

1. there is no pro womans league of baseball

2. the things you list dont matter much for baseball any ways

3. there are some sports where woman are more dangerus than the men like rollar derby.... *Shutters*
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#158burningxbridgesPosted 7/27/2014 10:29:30 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
And even in cultures where there is a 3rd option, there are those who disagree with that position and no one sees them as the opposite gender, more as a "middle ground" . Gender is inextricably tied to genetics, just sayin.

Gender, gender identity, and sex are all different things. Gender is a social/cultural thing, not a genetics thing, just saying.
#159burningxbridgesPosted 7/27/2014 10:29:39 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...

Gender, gender identity, and sex are all different things. Gender is a social/cultural thing, not a genetics thing, just saying.
#160MetroidJunkiePosted 7/27/2014 10:30:17 PM
AceMos posted...

i agree men and woman being seperated for most sports makes since but 2 issues

1. there is no pro womans league of baseball

2. the things you list dont matter much for baseball any ways

3. there are some sports where woman are more dangerus than the men like rollar derby.... *Shutters*

In fairness, women's division of sports just doesn't make the kind of cash that the male ones do. Call it discrimination if you want, but it's true. It may not be fair, but that's how the cookie crumbles. Even women's basketball is commonly seen to have drastically lower ratings than their male counterpart. Until it becomes marketable (Even Baseball itself isn't that marketable in the US since American Football sort of took over as the national past time long ago), don't count on it for a while.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.