Is there a gay Nintendo Character?

#171albertojz356Posted 7/27/2014 9:43:44 PM
Wow this thread jumped pages fast!
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Shantae, and Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#172burningxbridgesPosted 7/27/2014 9:46:33 PM(edited)
You're totally right, people can have an opinion about personal choices, it can be silly at times, but they can. But if someone says "I'm a boy", you can't have an opinion about that, as it's not a choice. You're not them. It doesn't make sense. To completely oversimplify it, it's somewhat like someone saying, "My favorite food is pizza." And then me telling them, "No, your favorite food is chili." (And even that is stretch, because people can choose a favorite food)

If someone states their gender identity, it has to be respected as fact, otherwise you're completely robbing that person of their bodily autonomy. You're telling them you have the right to decide what they are, and you can't. You can't tell someone to be something and make it happen. Even if they wanted you to, it's not possible. THAT is why the opinion is invalid. It's just an impossible thing to throw an opinion at, as it is not subjective at all.
#173burningxbridgesPosted 7/27/2014 9:45:58 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
burningxbridges posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...
And even in cultures where there is a 3rd option, there are those who disagree with that position and no one sees them as the opposite gender, more as a "middle ground" . Gender is inextricably tied to genetics, just sayin.

Gender, gender identity, and sex are all different things. Gender is a social/cultural thing, not a genetics thing, just saying.

Only in your head. You are born a particular sex, which coincides with your gender. Gender identity is what you choose to believe. there are many women who view themselves as very masculine but still are women and identify as such, just like men who have feminine traits but still identify as male. Society and culture do not play into this, it's all personal ( unless you can show me an example of any culture, past or present, that teaches males to identify as females or vice versa).

If you self-identify as opposite of your birth sex-gender, that is a personal choice. Now that choice might be influenced by your dispositions, but it's a choice nonetheless.

Oh boy. I'm just going to leave this here:
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexuality-definitions.pdf
#174MetroidJunkiePosted 7/27/2014 9:49:58 PM
You're totally right, people can have an opinion about personal choices, it can be silly at times, but they can. But if someone says "I'm a boy", you can't have an opinion about that, as it's not a choice. You're not them. It doesn't make sense. To completely oversimplify it, it's somewhat like someone saying, "My favorite food is pizza." And then me telling them, "No, your favorite food is chili." (And even that is stretch, because people can choose a favorite food)

If someone states their gender identity, it has to be respected as fact, otherwise you're completely robbing that person of their bodily autonomy. You're telling them you have the right to decide what they are, and you can't. You can't tell someone to be something and make it happen. Even if they wanted you to, it's not possible. THAT is why the opinion is invalid. It's just an impossible thing to throw an opinion at, as it is not subjective at all.

One problem, you aren't born with a favorite food in your genetics so your comparison is entirely flawed. Second, I never said I want to force people to not choose to have this surgery done. Ultimately, it's their choice but I can make an opinion on it. That would be like saying we aren't allowed to have an opinion that Alcoholism or Tobacco addiction are wrong because it's their body. They can if they want, I just don't think they're doing themselves any favors.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#175ArabrockermanXPosted 7/27/2014 9:51:48 PM

I guess I missed what you were talking about. I thought you were discussing their right to have an opinion on if they thought the act was wrong.
#176ZimbabweBobPosted 7/27/2014 9:52:58 PM
You're totally right, people can have an opinion about personal choices, it can be silly at times, but they can. But if someone says "I'm a boy", you can't have an opinion about that, as it's not a choice. You're not them. It doesn't make. To completely oversimplify it, it's somewhat like someone saying, "My favorite food is pizza." And then me telling them, "No, your favorite food is chili." (And even that is stretch, because people can choose a favorite food)

But when this person chooses to surgically alter their body to more accurately reflect their mindset, that is a choice. I'm not deciding to tell them what they are, physiology did it for me. No amount of surgery will change XX to XY.

Example: If you were born Caucasian but truly identified with Japanese culture, learned the language and in your heart of hearts felt truly Japanese, does that make you Japanese? What if you had plastic surgery to alter your appearance so that you even appeared to be Japanese? You still aren't Japanese. You can't expect anyone who was naturally born Japanese to accept you as such and your genetic makeup is still that of a Caucasian. You can believe it all you want, it doesn't make it true. It's still dressup, just with surgery.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID/PSN: ZimbabweBob
#177burningxbridgesPosted 7/27/2014 9:55:07 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
One problem, you aren't born with a favorite food in your genetics so your comparison is entirely flawed.

You aren't born with a gender, either. Please check the link I just posted, it details everything with a very concise definition.
#178mokmuudPosted 7/27/2014 9:57:20 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
One problem, you aren't born with a favorite food in your genetics so your comparison is entirely flawed.

You aren't born with a gender, either. Please check the link I just posted, it details everything with a very concise definition.

No but you are born male or female(or hermaphrodite)
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#179ZimbabweBobPosted 7/27/2014 9:59:34 PM
ZimbabweBob posted...
ZimbabweBob posted...
And even in cultures where there is a 3rd option, there are those who disagree with that position and no one sees them as the opposite gender, more as a "middle ground" . Gender is inextricably tied to genetics, just sayin.

Gender, gender identity, and sex are all different things. Gender is a social/cultural thing, not a genetics thing, just saying.

Only in your head. You are born a particular sex, which coincides with your gender. Gender identity is what you choose to believe. there are many women who view themselves as very masculine but still are women and identify as such, just like men who have feminine traits but still identify as male. Society and culture do not play into this, it's all personal ( unless you can show me an example of any culture, past or present, that teaches males to identify as females or vice versa).

If you self-identify as opposite of your birth sex-gender, that is a personal choice. Now that choice might be influenced by your dispositions, but it's a choice nonetheless.

Oh boy. I'm just going to leave this here:
http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/sexuality-definitions.pdf

so the American PSYCHOLOGICAL association said so? By the very definition of this organization, is it admittedly a Psychological, not a medical or biological issue. All psychological issues are in your head, unequivocal fact. You control what goes on up there, you know. It's not fate or an act of god, it's a mental disorder, all of which can be dealt with provided you choose to do so. transgendered people "feel" that they are of another gender, nothing more. More importantly, as it is " all in your head", it is only dispositions and tendencies and therefore controlled ultimately by that person.
---
You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.
NNID/PSN: ZimbabweBob
#180MetroidJunkiePosted 7/27/2014 10:00:02 PM
mokmuud posted...

No but you are born male or female(or hermaphrodite)

You are born with a determined sex in your genetics, though, and going through surgery won't change what's written in your DNA. You can call your gender whatever you want but your sex can't be altered, no matter how much you wish it would.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.