Is Nintendo becoming like EA?

#11sh0wnufPosted 7/29/2014 7:43:05 AM
from the standpoint of more time and effort spent on rehashes and minor gameplay enhancements to virtually the same game, yes... their first party titles seem to be in favor of playing it safe vs innovation.

yes there are a few exceptions- and I'm holding out hope for the future- but so far I agree with the TC that this is the trend we're looking at.
#12Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/29/2014 7:51:48 AM
I've got no problem with DLC.
DLC is just another word for "expansion".

What I have a problem with is when EA enacts DRM and when you comply and do everything you're suppose to, you still can't play the game you bought from them, because they chose to save-a-buck and only set up a few servers.
And when you can't play your game that you legitimately paid for, just because they can't check that you're not stealing every second, they refuse to give you a refund.
They tell you to "suck it".

They steal your money and give you nothing back, perfect okay, so long as they are making sure that you are not stealing from them.

In short, no TC, you're wrong.
Nintendo is no where near EA.

DLC is just a new word for "expansion".
All online stores are equally inferior to Steam.
Similar titles are why people go to Nintendo, you know that you like Pokemon, why would they drastically change it in any way?
Not a fan of subscription fees, so just don't pay it.
Wind Waker and OoT are MASTERPIECES. They deserve restoration. I want to see more of that.

#13DuranMan1Posted 7/29/2014 8:19:56 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...

What I have a problem with is when EA enacts DRM and when you comply and do everything you're suppose to, you still can't play the game you bought from them, because they chose to save-a-buck and only set up a few servers.
And when you can't play your game that you legitimately paid for, just because they can't check that you're not stealing every second, they refuse to give you a refund.

They steal your money and give you nothing back, perfect okay, so long as they are making sure that you are not stealing from them.

Similar titles are why people go to Nintendo, you know that you like Pokemon, why would they drastically change it in any way?
Wind Waker and OoT are MASTERPIECES. They deserve restoration. I want to see more of that.

I think the TC is wrong, but this is even worse

DLC may not me the "greatest evil in gaming" like some claim, and the practice may not be that old

all the same, most of the time I dislike DLC, even when done correctly
---
Friend Code: 4742 5919 7962
PM me so I can add you as well
#14EndgamePosted 7/29/2014 8:21:44 AM
reminder that Mew was the original "ondisc" DLC
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#15king_maddenPosted 7/29/2014 8:25:20 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...

What were the recent games from EA that did that?

Also saying how the console stores are inferior to a PC store doesn't change that eshop is worse for consoles.
Do you use that same argument for CoD? "people like the game so why change it?"
The point of mentioning subscription services is to point out that they have them. Just because you don't have to pay isn't the point.
Whether or not they are masterpieces, they are still pretty much the same games as he mentioned.
#16587DeathkingPosted 7/29/2014 8:35:37 AM
At least the re-releases are at least 10 years old unlike a certain other remaster.
---
You fight well worthy of the name Belmont
#17RetrowirePosted 7/29/2014 8:57:02 AM
No.
---
The most important question of our generation is,
"What has the internet made you become?"
#18Bahamut_10thPosted 7/29/2014 9:22:02 AM
The last NSMB was released in 2012. Get over it.
---
The Rolling Western deserves a big budget sequel. People who agree: 6
#19Granadico_Posted 7/29/2014 9:23:43 AM
Hermatic! Haven't seen you in a while
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#20MetroidJunkiePosted 7/29/2014 9:26:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0TT_SGL-oc

This guy gave some great insight on DLC and how Day One DLC can happen.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.