Is Nintendo becoming like EA?

#101JudgementEdenPosted 7/29/2014 9:35:14 PM(edited)
HermeticJustice posted...
JudgementEden posted...
HermeticJustice posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Can you elaborate?

Day 1 DLC with Mario Golf World Tour

Commercial DLC with a Mercedes in Mario Kart 8

Releasing very similar games with NSMB titles

Subscription fees for games like Pokemon Bank and Wii Sports Club

Rereleasing the same game with Wind Waker HD and Ocarina of Time 3D

Gimped online store (Origins and eShop)

as well as other things

Should be noted that most things on the list, happened between 2011-2013, AKA the 8th gen, so this is a recent trend

You should add that not only is OoT 3D and Wind Waker HD the same game, but they are also charging an arm and a leg for them; and fans love it so.

While Sony releases old games for reasonable prices, Nintendo just thinks they're King $#!% and thinks pricing old games at full price is justified just because they made it in 3D/HD. And apparently they want to do the same with Mario Sunshine? They are out of their minds.

As for their eShop, they don't give a single damn about their utter lack of games. With every survey I fill out on Club Nintendo, if it has a section asking for my opinion of the eShop, I always tell them that they need MORE games! I always tell them it is a crappy store with hardly anything to offer. This is pitiful when you consider the Wii U alone is going on it's third year.

Honestly, words can barely describe how disgusted I am with their nonchalance and their business practices. Nintendo gets a lot of undeserved love, it's why they can continue to do this BS. What they need is a swift kick in the ass. If you care about Nintendo becoming better, you won't coddle them.

funny thing is, you could play about 5 Zelda games on the GCN for a reasonable price, in this one collection set

now you have to pay just as much to get one game, and it's the exact same

Ugh, I know. I'm even reminded of that glorified remake of Super Mario All Stars on the Wii; but since I never owned a Wii, I wasn't very vocal about it. But damn, Nintendo does not care for (or have much respect for) it's own playerbase.

I bet there may be some thinking right now "Don't like it, don't buy it!"

That is a genius go-to argument in this situation! :-D

I absolutely love having no options after having spent money on a Wii U (in regards to classic games). I guess I won't be buying any of them then, as Nintendo shows no signs of doing anything differently.

After all of this, I haven't even mentioned their reluctance to put games of other systems on the 3DS instead of JUST NES and GBC. I'm sure the damn thing is capable of playing SNES and GBA games, at least. Put them on, damn.

Oh and, they need to release more games at a time instead of like, two a week; and that's if we're lucky. And most times, they are games no one cares about.
#102Arn544Posted 7/29/2014 9:42:47 PM
^And not even the good NES GBC games

Anybody else notice the virtual console is almost devoid of RPGs? Where's Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Pokemon on the virtual console?
#103o___OkamiPosted 7/29/2014 9:53:11 PM
I will say this, the Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC is a godawful case of nickel and diming.
---
They called you exotic. Which is just people talk for awesome. Which you are.
http://i.imgur.com/2DNHw1n.jpg?1
#104pnyhmsmxPosted 7/30/2014 12:00:17 AM
Arn544 posted...

Anybody else notice the virtual console is almost devoid of RPGs? Where's Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and Pokemon on the virtual console?

The lack of third party rpgs are an issue between Nintendo, the consumers and whoever owns those ips. Pokémon isn't offered to prevent competition with remakes sold on their latest handhelds.

Also, the re-releases are good for those who haven't played those games. But Nintendo isn't like EA, since it isn't third party.
#105JudgementEdenPosted 7/30/2014 12:32:41 AM(edited)
pnyhmsmx posted...
Arn544 posted...

The lack of third party rpgs are an issue between Nintendo, the consumers and whoever owns those ips. Pokémon isn't offered to prevent competition with remakes sold on their latest handhelds.

Also, the re-releases are good for those who haven't played those games. But Nintendo isn't like EA, since it isn't third party.

The remakes are good for those who haven't played and those who already have. Regardless, you cannot defend the prices; if you even attempt to, you're clearly more loyal to the brand than you are to the games. Also, nice side stepping; we know Nintendo isn't third party, he didn't mean it like that and you know it. Their practices are starting to mirror EA, he said.

I shouldn't even have to point that out, yet I did.
#106Arn544Posted 7/30/2014 7:13:48 AM
pnyhmsmx posted...
Arn544 posted...

That's pretty much a lie, Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal aren't even on the 3DS, and besides they're still drastically different games.
#107SetzeraPosted 7/30/2014 8:59:47 PM
king_madden posted...
They didn't start online pass but gets blamed for it. You say DRM in games like simcity but what other games have their been? BF4 was bad, but how often does that happen?

That worst company in america thing was full of trolls and children and should never be taken seriously. They are nowhere near the worst in america. You can view them as a publisher you don't like but worst company kind of invalidates the whole poll.

That's why I mentioned "Disclaimer" in my first post, because I can't recall who started some of those, but EA certainly jumped on.

In the end though, I see that you and I have different opinions, which is fine. I personally just don't find Nintendo to be anywhere near my personal level of dislike for EA.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#108TerotrousPosted 7/30/2014 9:22:19 PM
I find it funny that EA is so synonymous with ripping people off that if you abuse your customers in any way it seems like you're riding their coattails.

Anyway, Nintendo is clearly starting to experiment with various forms of price gouging. It's not a huge surprise, virtually every company did this when they found out that HD development simply isn't very profitable. Of course, it's probably a short-sighted move in general, since a lot of what people liked about Nintendo was that they didn't do that stuff, but what are executives for but to make poor decisions that hurt the long-term viability of the company.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#109ChonicPosted 8/3/2014 7:17:24 AM
Arn544 posted...
pnyhmsmx posted...
Arn544 posted...

Pokémon isn't offered to prevent competition with remakes sold on their latest handhelds.

That's pretty much a lie, Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal aren't even on the 3DS, and besides they're still drastically different games.

I think Gamefreak have said before that Pokemon isn't being offered because the GB VC doesn't currently allow for multiplayer, which makes sense to me since Pokemon was kinda the killer app for the link cable.

As a way around that though, I've been hoping for Pokemon Yellow or Crystal to come out as a 3D Classic...please make it happen, Gamefreak.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 1375-7214-0977 / Pokemon IGN = Garath
Xbox Live gamertag and Nintendo Network ID: Iblitazer
#110Arn544Posted 8/3/2014 4:11:01 PM
Chonic posted...
Arn544 posted...
pnyhmsmx posted...
Arn544 posted...

Pokémon isn't offered to prevent competition with remakes sold on their latest handhelds.

I think Gamefreak have said before that Pokemon isn't being offered because the GB VC doesn't currently allow for multiplayer, which makes sense to me since Pokemon was kinda the killer app for the link cable.

As a way around that though, I've been hoping for Pokemon Yellow or Crystal to come out as a 3D Classic...please make it happen, Gamefreak.

Well it's a crappy reason because it could be easily fixed.