What do you PREDICT we will see with Nintendo's next system

#1iKhanicPosted 7/29/2014 1:54:05 PM
We all have things we want to see, but what do you expect to see given what Nintendo has done in the past?

This initially started as my own prediction as to what it may be, but it's really hard to pinpoint. Nintendo clearly sees that we are starting to plateau in the area of how good graphics can be and how much we can legitimately make use of power. So I highly doubt they will make a straight console with a standard controller without anything else.

At the same time, if the Wii U doesn't sell too great, which I don't expect it will, it's likely that Nintendo will take away something from that. So I do expect the system will have competitive power.

If Nintendo pursued motion control again, I'd fully expect for them to add more buttons and control options to the Wii Remote Plus, and possibly increase it's accuracy and precision. It's not like Nintendo to stick with 3 generation old technology.

But beyond that, I'm not sure what we may see. Handhelds need to be redefined next gen, as iOS and Android devices are quickly encroaching over them. So that might push Nintendo to integrate their next handheld as part of their next console. But doing this is expensive, and don't think there is a snowball's chance in hell that Nintendo won't try to keep their system affordable. So there would have to be a sacrifice in power, which I'm not sure they would do just to integrate their handheld.

And I'm not sure what their differentiating factor would be.

I'm also unsure if Nintendo is willing to revamp their terrible Virtual Console system, or if they will continue to use discs in an industry that will very likely be pushing to digital only.

That's most of the questions I had, but if you had other ideas, feel free to add.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#2bigjnycPosted 7/29/2014 1:56:58 PM
What I expect to see with the new console. A pretty slick system with at least one controller of some sort and better specs than the current system. Thats pretty much any video game system. Just as long is its better than the last with more games and thats just fine with me.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#3ThatPersonGuyPosted 7/29/2014 1:59:26 PM
If they're going for the revolutionary feature angle for the third time in a row, expect to see some of this technology:

http://youtu.be/Jd3-eiid-Uw?t=2m29s

If they instead go for a more traditional approach, expect a massive leap in order to get Nintendo up to speed with Microsoft and Sony. Nintendo in that case would probably try to keep with a modified version of the Gamecube remote, maybe with some other features added in to differentiate from the competition.
---
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it"
- Arthur Dent, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
#4FayeLadyPosted 7/29/2014 2:08:32 PM
I expect another Wii like system. With the GC doing so poorly, the Wii was a way to still make money on that investment. The next system will be a lot like the Wii U technically, with a new input/output or other way to distinguish it from the older platform.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 2:16:25 PM(edited)
ThatPersonGuy posted...
If they're going for the revolutionary feature angle for the third time in a row, expect to see some of this technology:

If Nintendo did this, I would cry tears of joy. I'd probably buy at launch

But I doubt it would happen. Nintendo is far too obsessed with local multiplayer for their own good.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#6iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 2:55:22 PM
bump
---
#7JobocanPosted 7/29/2014 3:16:58 PM
Games. Probably just exclusives, unless Sony and MS finally gave up on gaming.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#8Puckswack12Posted 7/29/2014 3:27:25 PM
The controler will still have a screen. That's for sure
---
Yup
#9Wii_TruthPosted 7/29/2014 3:31:02 PM
ThatPersonGuy posted...

If they instead go for a more traditional approach, expect a massive leap in order to get Nintendo up to speed with Microsoft and Sony. Nintendo in that case would probably try to keep with a modified version of the Gamecube remote, maybe with some other features added in to differentiate from the competition.

I hope they go the power route to an extent. VR tech is all fine and dandy, but keep it an accessory to keep cost down on the actual console, and focus on staying with the other companies spec-wise.
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
#10iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2014 3:33:26 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
ThatPersonGuy posted...

I hope they go the power route to an extent. VR tech is all fine and dandy, but keep it an accessory to keep cost down on the actual console, and focus on staying with the other companies spec-wise.

If it's an accessory, there's no point in including it at all. Developers won't use it and it will fade into obscurity. But the technology shown is all IR lights and sensors. Not particularly expensive technology, so it wouldn't necessarily require a substantial drop in power.
---