people do realize that new consoles cost money and take years to release?

#1Genericgamer667Posted 7/30/2014 6:13:09 AM
even if Nintendo released a new "next-gen" super console this or next year. It would cost a ton of money to make and might even put them in a worse situation?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
#2squatch22Posted 7/30/2014 6:14:24 AM
They don't realize it. They think it appears with magic and rainbows
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#3NiftyManZPosted 7/30/2014 6:15:16 AM
That's a myth. We should all be more concerned about the current status of the WiiU and all of he A buttons falling off.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#4RobJ24Posted 7/30/2014 6:16:54 AM
Us Nintendo fans know this, Sony and Microsoft fanboys don't.
#5KabtheMentatPosted 7/30/2014 6:20:59 AM
Sure, but how much does Nintendo stand to lose if they continue on trying to make the WiiU a thing? I'll bet far more than releasing a new console. This new console cycle has already been pretty bad for Nintendo and it's only going to get worse.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#6Genericgamer667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 6:22:07 AM
KabtheMentat posted...
Sure, but how much does Nintendo stand to lose if they continue on trying to make the WiiU a thing? I'll bet far more than releasing a new console. This new console cycle has already been pretty bad for Nintendo and it's only going to get worse.

consoles cost ALOT to make, what if this new consoles isn't a success either?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
#7ArabrockermanXPosted 7/30/2014 6:22:54 AM
squatch22 posted...
They don't realize it. They think it appears with magic and rainbows

QFT

It would be a terrible idea to kill the Wii U early as well it would do damage to Nintendo's fanbase. Don't believe me look at what happened to Sega...
#8KabtheMentatPosted 7/30/2014 6:24:02 AM
That's another good point.

It's either Nintendo continues to bleed money which is guaranteed. Or they gamble. For all intense and purposes, that's their choices right now.

The only other choice would be to go third party. IMO, that's probably a better long term prospect.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#9JobocanPosted 7/30/2014 6:24:05 AM
Not just that, but releasing a new console now will make people feel they wasted their money on the Wii U and they're much less likely to support the new one. Which means releasing a new console so fast would almost definitely be worse for them.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#10SBias73Posted 7/30/2014 6:24:35 AM
No Kab putting a rush job on R&D for a new console, plus chip fabrication, plus the initial purchase of parts would be massive. Nintendo would be better off slashing the price of the Wii U, just to get units in to homes, and try to make it up in games sold. They really have not a lot of options here, but to ride this thing out.
---
Nin ID: Sbias73
Add me. I could talk about gaming all day.