people do realize that new consoles cost money and take years to release?

#21godplaysSNESPosted 7/30/2014 12:09:50 PM
They'd just get an APU from AMD.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#22DiscostewSMPosted 7/30/2014 12:13:06 PM(edited)
Sure...spend a lot of money to rush a new console out, and end up losing a lot of money due to hardware failures that are usually examined over a period of years under R&D.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#23FoolInTheWavePosted 7/30/2014 1:14:49 PM
legendoftom posted...
Honestly this quarterly loss isn't that bad. Was anyone expecting a big profit this quarter anyway? Nintendo will probably also have a loss in the 2nd quarter but I bet they'll have a massive Q3 (Christmas time). Rushing out a new console would be the worst thing to do, of course Nintendo has to make sure their next console is not underpowered.

Nintendo have never really had a "normal," powerful modern console. The Gamecube was not underpowered, but the mini-discs were weird (although profitable for Nintendo IIRC).

The real wildcard is the Amiibo thing, that could a huge boon for Nintendo or the flop that makes them enter panic mode.

I just don't see how Amiibo can bring Nintendo any success. It's just another damn accessory you could buy to enjoy an otherwise fine game. It doesn't add anything to the game that is particularly useful.

Nintendo needs to invest in a solid online infrastructure for their next console. Everything is moving towards the cloud these days, and Nintendo needs to take advantage of this. Once they incorporate a better online system game developers will see Nintendo's next console as a viable option when creating new games.
#24GFaqsUser22Posted 7/30/2014 1:35:32 PM
No, TC, you're the ONLY person who realizes that. Thank you for your incredible knowledge on the subject, which was no doubt gained from actual, first-hand experience designing and marketing consoles and not a combination of things that you read on IGN and pulled out of your ass.
#25Lefty128kPosted 7/30/2014 1:40:26 PM
RobJ24 posted...
Us Nintendo fans know this, Sony and Microsoft fanboys don't.

Yeah, Nintendo and it's fans know all about hard honest work in making consoles.

Stealing Philips technology obviously cost money and took years.

Copying Sony's console-wand concept that was released in 2001 as the PS2 Move/Eyetoy prototype was so hard. That actually did take years, they waited until the next-gen to bring out their own wand.

Waiting until 25gb Blu ray discs were perfected, and then making Wii U discs that just happen to be 25gb must have been expensive and time consuming as well.

Using inventors patents to make their 3DS screen without permission, was also a time consuming development process. Having not invented it, they must have been at a loss for how to use the new tech and had to sit around until one of them could muster up an idea.
#26SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/30/2014 1:47:18 PM(edited)
FoolInTheWave posted...
I just don't see how Amiibo can bring Nintendo any success. It's just another damn accessory you could buy to enjoy an otherwise fine game. It doesn't add anything to the game that is particularly useful.

well as he said its a wildcard
Most Nintendo fans I know are big time collectors, and more then likely will get every figure if they like what they see.
So yea it kinda is a big wildcard that could net them some serious cash.

As for that loss this quarter isn't that from investing in things like buying properties. From what I know about the market they count that as a loss as it was money spent even though it will more then likely make money in the long run.
#27Genericgamer667(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 1:48:25 PM
Lefty128k posted...
RobJ24 posted...

Yeah, Nintendo and it's fans know all about hard honest work in making consoles.

Copying Sony's console-wand concept that was released in 2001 as the PS2 Move/Eyetoy prototype was so hard. That actually did take years, they waited until the next-gen to bring out their own wand.

Waiting until 25gb Blu ray discs were perfected, and then making Wii U discs that just happen to be 25gb must have been expensive and time consuming as well.

Using inventors patents to make their 3DS screen without permission, was also a time consuming development process. Having not invented it, they must have been at a loss for how to use the new tech and had to sit around until one of them could muster up an idea.

why do people take lefty seriously again?
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
#28DiscostewSMPosted 7/30/2014 2:07:14 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
RobJ24 posted...

I think Lefty is talking to the crowd in his mind.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#29Lefty128kPosted 7/30/2014 2:32:28 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Genericgamer667 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
RobJ24 posted...

I think Lefty is talking to the crowd in his mind.

Not seeing any refutation of the facts I presented.

You guys all used up and hung out to dry already?
#30Links_Big_KeyPosted 7/30/2014 2:45:06 PM
"Waiting until 25gb Blu ray discs were perfected, and then making Wii U discs that just happen to be 25gb must have been expensive and time consuming as well."

I never had any issues with any of the couple of hundred 25GB Blu-Ray discs I have owned since 2007. WTF are you even talking about?
---
CMStormtrooper / SLI GTX 780ti SC / GIG z68 / 2500k@4.2 / 8GB RAM / 256GB+128GB Crucial M4s / AW Optx AW2310 120hz for FPS/ U2713HM 1440p IPS for other games