people do realize that new consoles cost money and take years to release?

#31Lefty128kPosted 7/30/2014 11:38:55 PM
Links_Big_Key posted...
"Waiting until 25gb Blu ray discs were perfected, and then making Wii U discs that just happen to be 25gb must have been expensive and time consuming as well."

I never had any issues with any of the couple of hundred 25GB Blu-Ray discs I have owned since 2007. WTF are you even talking about?

Whether or not your discs work fine, doesn't mean they stop trying. They constantly upgrade specs and stats on these things. Everything from the discs themselves to the drives undergo regular improvements.

Why do you think they put up that little warning about updating your Blu ray player when you watch movies? For kicks? lol
#32Granadico_Posted 7/30/2014 11:49:02 PM
Lefty128k posted...
Links_Big_Key posted...
"Waiting until 25gb Blu ray discs were perfected, and then making Wii U discs that just happen to be 25gb must have been expensive and time consuming as well."

I never had any issues with any of the couple of hundred 25GB Blu-Ray discs I have owned since 2007. WTF are you even talking about?

Whether or not your discs work fine, doesn't mean they stop trying. They constantly upgrade specs and stats on these things. Everything from the discs themselves to the drives undergo regular improvements.

Why do you think they put up that little warning about updating your Blu ray player when you watch movies? For kicks? lol

I wasn't aware you could update specs from software updates.
Also, that's for movie ads usually or anti-piracy crap.
The Philips thing is lol. Nintendo even said they were patent trolls. If they really did steal the technology it wou'dnt have taken nearly a decade to say anytihng.
If Nintnedo stole the wand thing, why did Sony wait until the Wii made motion controls popular to make the PSMove? They obviously had the tecnology first.
They didn't steal high-capacity disks. That's like saying they stole the concept of 8GB of RAM, or having more GB of storage space.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#33squatch22Posted 7/30/2014 11:59:01 PM
Lol LefTroll.

Wii U discs are made by Panasonic.
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#34ssyl9Posted 7/31/2014 12:59:04 AM
The Philips thing is lol. Nintendo even said they were patent trolls. If they really did steal the technology it wou'dnt have taken nearly a decade to say anytihng.
If Nintnedo stole the wand thing, why did Sony wait until the Wii made motion controls popular to make the PSMove? They obviously had the tecnology first.
They didn't steal high-capacity disks. That's like saying they stole the concept of 8GB of RAM, or having more GB of storage space.

When he ran out of disk space he must have downloaded more diskspace...

And downloaded more ram too..
---
FC: 3496-9980-2182
#35CubeTVPosted 7/31/2014 1:15:20 AM
random_man9119 posted...
emagdnE posted...
here's an idea:

DITCH THE ****ING GAMEPAD!

XB1 ditching Kinect sold more XB1s in June than MK8 sold Wii Us, so there is precident of ditching something that many people don't want and selling the system at a lower price as a result being a good idea

Whether we or Nintendo like it or not... We're stuck with the Gamepad... Ditching now is pointless...

This. Drop the Wii remote support. Please.

If Nintendo was trying to win back the core crowd like the NES-GCN era, then it would be more consumer friendly, less pain on the wallet and less confusion in general if the Wii remote compatibility was gone. Either continue making games with the Wii crowd in mind or make them for the NES-GCN crowd (main games first, party games second), not both (main AND party games at the same time). or at the very least do what the Wii did (party games first, main gamers second). The 3DS is doing the latter and it's the best game system anything out right now.

http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/wii-u-wiimote1.jpg?8c1496

But instead used the pro controller.

I believe that this is one of the reasons the gamepad can't be sold on its own because it would just be more confusion on the system (Wii U) or worker (Gamestop/Best Buy/EB/Wal-Mart) part "does it work for the original Wii too?"

I'm just furious at how Nintendo, the BEST at multiplayer games and games in general could screw this up so badly. It deserves to sell bad and doesn't deserve to be called a Nintendo product (hence I say "Nintendo didn't make the Wii U").
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#36Lefty128kPosted 7/31/2014 11:06:01 AM
squatch22 posted...
Lol LefTroll.

LOL, Squat.

Nintendo paid for and commissioned the design.
#37squatch22Posted 7/31/2014 11:11:08 AM
Lefty128k posted...
squatch22 posted...
Lol LefTroll.

LOL, Squat.

B b but Nintendo stole it.

Nintendo is paying for them. Not stolen.
---
I now have 2 followers (Or 1 and his alt) that think I live with my mum who died in 2002.
#38Lefty128kPosted 7/31/2014 11:12:27 AM
ssyl9 posted...

"I think all Blu Ray players were set to specs from day 1 and never changed despite advances in video/sound decoding, HDMI spec upgrades, and the little warning on the screen that actually tells me to make sure my Blu Ray players firmware is up to date."

That's you.
#39Granadico_Posted 7/31/2014 11:22:11 AM
Lefty128k posted...
ssyl9 posted...

"I think all Blu Ray players were set to specs from day 1 and never changed despite advances in video/sound decoding, HDMI spec upgrades, and the little warning on the screen that actually tells me to make sure my Blu Ray players firmware is up to date."

That's you.

That's still software, that's completely different from hardware.
Console makers are so dumb. they shoulda just added firmware updates and they'd never need to make new consoles.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#40Lefty128kPosted 7/31/2014 11:25:04 AM
squatch22 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
squatch22 posted...
Lol LefTroll.

LOL, Squat.

B b but Nintendo stole it.

Nintendo is paying for them. Not stolen.

Don't mean literally stolen, mean stolen like they stole Philips patents, and stole those 3D screen patents from that former Sony inventor. Way to fail to understand context, squat.

Nintendo doesn't have a disc-producing factory last I heard. Of course they would need to have that done by another company...to Nintendo's specifications.

Panasonic isn't sitting there going, "Let's make a new 25gb disc that stores just as much as Blu ray, but will never be as popular. And then try and find someone to buy it....oh there's Nintendo."

That's a silly conclusion for you to come to, squat.