Will WiiU become the go to console for Japanese games?

#1Hercik1Posted 7/30/2014 9:10:08 AM
I'm just wondering because currently it's doing better then the home console competition. If it continues to sell more then ps4 in Japan it might start getting more Japanese games. It could end up with more niche Japanese games then the ps3 had.
#2BlackPhoenix127Posted 7/30/2014 9:12:01 AM
3DS and Vita are going to be getting the bulk of the Japanese stuff.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#3JobocanPosted 7/30/2014 9:15:44 AM
Considering how very little it's selling there, nope. It might be the closest thing to a "go to" console, but in general the japanese audience isn't too interested in consoles anymore. They'd need some big game (like a non-MMO dragon quest or an exclusive monster hunter) to come out on them to care again and that's just not happening.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#4Hercik1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 9:15:56 AM
BlackPhoenix127 posted...

I know that's why I said home console in the post. Even though handhelds get a lot last gen shows that consoles still get games as well.
#5iKhanicPosted 7/30/2014 9:51:59 AM

And phones/tablets
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#6Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 7/30/2014 9:54:15 AM
Not if they keep selling as poorly as they have been. Japanese third party devs want their games to sell, and the Wii U does not seem like the console for that to happen.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#7Megamushroom666Posted 7/30/2014 9:58:01 AM
Wii U has been outselling PS3 and PS4 in JP so it definitely has some type of momentum.
---
Snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#8NintendoLover25Posted 7/30/2014 9:59:32 AM
The PS4 is pretty successful everywhere else besides Japan, so if a Japanese developer wants to make a home console game I'd assume they'd go there to get sales from other countries. If they want the Japanese audience itself they'd go for a handheld or phone instead, since that's what they prefer.
#9FayeLadyPosted 7/30/2014 10:07:00 AM
For whats left of the middle JPN market maybe, but most of the larger publishers like Sega, Capcom, Namco and Square Enix will end up on on PS4 and One so that they can sell units world wide.

The smaller stuff like NIS, Gust, and Falcom are probably going to keep publishing on Playstation because that is where the bulk of their userbase is, both in Japan and overseas.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#10mashuPosted 7/30/2014 10:10:04 AM
iKhanic posted...

And phones/tablets

And PS3.