So Sony charges you $50 for a last gen port and nintendo gives it free...

#31emagdnEPosted 7/30/2014 1:39:00 PM(edited)
reminder that WWHD costs $60 (regardless of which method you use to get it) when the Gamecube version cost $50
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#32Mandrew257Posted 7/30/2014 1:39:42 PM
emagdnE posted...
reminder that WWHD costs $60 (regardless of which method you use to get it) when the Gamecube version cost $50

WWHD was $50
---
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)
#33Cactuar512Posted 7/30/2014 1:50:09 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
DerekRoss posted...
I know WWHD was a retail game

So this topic is nonsense?

---
Fallout 2>NV>1>3>Every other Fallout game. Don't agree? I don't care.
GameFAQs, where everyone trolls everyone
#34TkmajingPosted 7/30/2014 1:57:58 PM
zado19 posted...
DerekRoss posted...
People can't read? I mentioned WWHD.

thats the issue

---
3DS FC= 5086-1941-1568
#35EpicLatiosPosted 7/30/2014 2:20:46 PM
The unnecessary hate for a great game is immense over her on the Nintendo boards. Wind Waker HD was a remastered Gamecube port and was sold for $50. The Last of Us Remaster is a remaster PS3 port and sold for $50 which included all the DLC which was worth around $40. So if you do the math than Sony is offering a MUCH better deal than Nintendo could ever dream of.

And just so it's clear I don't have anything against Nintendo. I was part of the ambassador program on the 3DS, and have played, and loved, Nintendo games for years. It's just the unneeded hate for an exclusive game from Nintendo fans is so incredibly stupid.
---
Endure and Survive
#36arvilinoPosted 7/30/2014 2:28:38 PM(edited)
Tkmajing posted...
zado19 posted...
DerekRoss posted...
People can't read? I mentioned WWHD.

thats the issue

It'd be perfectly reasonable for TLoU remastered to come out in 2023 or 2024 though. So why is WWHD with that size time gap an issue?

EpicLatios posted...
The unnecessary hate for a great game is immense over her on the Nintendo boards. Wind Waker HD was a remastered Gamecube port and was sold for $50. The Last of Us Remaster is a remaster PS3 port and sold for $50 which included all the DLC which was worth around $40. So if you do the math than Sony is offering a MUCH better deal than Nintendo could ever dream of.

And just so it's clear I don't have anything against Nintendo. I was part of the ambassador program on the 3DS, and have played, and loved, Nintendo games for years. It's just the unneeded hate for an exclusive game from Nintendo fans is so incredibly stupid.

They're releasing the same game two years in a row, it'd be like if Skyward Sword was remastered in HD and released on WiiU in 2012.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#37mjc0961Posted 7/30/2014 2:26:14 PM
DerekRoss posted...
Nintendo is really the white knight of gaming. Do you guys agree?

Hell no. Nintendo is just as bad as the rest of them. Why is Nintendo the only one who ties digital purchases to the hardware instead of the account if they're such a white knight?
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#38SakurafanboyPosted 7/30/2014 2:34:49 PM
Nintendo literally released Twilight Princess on the GameCube one month after the Wii version. If that's not a cheap tactic, I don't know what is.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#39Tenchi UKPosted 7/30/2014 2:37:04 PM
mjc0961 posted...
DerekRoss posted...
Nintendo is really the white knight of gaming. Do you guys agree?

Hell no. Nintendo is just as bad as the rest of them. Why is Nintendo the only one who ties digital purchases to the hardware instead of the account if they're such a white knight?

also the region lock.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#40n00bsaib0tPosted 7/30/2014 2:41:55 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
Nintendo literally released Twilight Princess on the GameCube one month after the Wii version. If that's not a cheap tactic, I don't know what is.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)

You realize the Game Cube was the old console, the Wii was the new one, right? This is like Smackdown vs Raw 2007-2011 coming out for PS3 and PS2. Or Guitar Hero 3, Aerosmith, Metallica and Smash Hits on PS3 and PS2. Or Rock Band and Rock Band 2 on PS3 and PS2. Or Tony Hawk 3 and 4 on PS2 and PS1. This isn't an uncommon thing, and a near simultaneous launch on the new and old consoles is actually great.

And we all knew the non-wiggle GC version of TP was coming, it wasn't a secret. The fact that Nintendo didn't hold TP hostage on the Wii was pretty amazing IMO.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile