I wish Amazon would go back to directly selling Nintendo hardware

#1Links_Big_KeyPosted 7/30/2014 12:21:37 PM
The third party vendors on the site charge ridiculous prices for Nintendo hardware, even the few that are fulfilled by Amazon.

Problem is, I have a TON of Amazon credit after I converted a bunch of Bitcoin, and the site I used did not offer Walmart, Target, or Gamestop credit. Furthermore, I live in one of the few states that still doesn't have to pay tax at Amazon, so ideally I would want the store credit to be Amazon anyways.

You would think Nintendo would end the feud with them over the 3DS issue from two years ago already. The last time I can recall anything similar to this was when Walmart got pissed at SEGA for cutting them out of Saturn inventory at launch, while still providing inventory to Walmart's competitors. Walmart then refused to carry the console or games until the system was almost completely dead.

With Nintendo struggling so hard to sell WiiUs, you would think they would try to make peace with the biggest online retailer in the world.

I would very much like to buy a WiiU Mario Kart 8 bundle (even though I feel the WiiU should be about $50 cheaper) to take advantage of getting Wind Waker HD for free, an offer that expires in less than 2 days. However, it defeats the purpose if I have to pay $30 extra in sales tax at a brick and mortar, and I don't really want to pay cash for something I should be able to buy with my vast store credit.

When I miss the window for claiming WWHD for free, it would be very hard to see myself buying a WiiU at regular price, even if Amazon starts selling the consoles soon after the promotion ends. Bury the hatchet already.
---
CMStormtrooper / SLI GTX 780ti SC / GIG z68 / 2500k@4.2 / 8GB RAM / 256GB+128GB Crucial M4s / AW Optx AW2310 120hz for FPS/ U2713HM 1440p IPS for other games
#2KMacz31Posted 7/30/2014 12:25:21 PM
What happened between N and Amazon?
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/30/2014 12:25:57 PM
I'm sure it would be good, but I have no particular interest in it.

But I don't shop amazon for my gaming goods except for vintage used equipment.
I've had AMAZING luck buying old used stuff on amazon.

Everything I've bought used has ended up being new stock that never sold from wherever, end ended up being dumped to mass re-sellers, who label as used because its more cost effective than verifying the condition of all the random stuff they sell.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4LifelessBoyPosted 7/30/2014 12:28:27 PM
KMacz31 posted...

---
GT: YFAL Putipuelko - PSN: LifelessFather - Steam ID: YFAL_Putipuelko - DayZ: Will The Thrill
#5CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/30/2014 12:28:59 PM
KMacz31 posted...

Walmart.

Nintendo gave walmart an exclusive price drop for the 3DS, to pilot the new price before making it 100% official.
Amazon wanted to be the first to sell it at the lower price.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#6Links_Big_Key(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 12:32:52 PM(edited)
KMacz31 posted...

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/3ds-xl-amazon.452616918/#post-465007728

Basically, Amazon was unhappy that 3DS was selling so poorly. Nintendo would not take the hardware back, or allow Amazon to sell it at a discount to move units. Amazon then demanded Nintendo give them the same discount that they gave Walmart, which Nintendo refused.

It didn't help that original 3DS systems screens got scratched easily when the clamshell was closed, so Amazon was losing even money on returns for the relatively few consoles they actually managed to sell.
---
CMStormtrooper / SLI GTX 780ti SC / GIG z68 / 2500k@4.2 / 8GB RAM / 256GB+128GB Crucial M4s / AW Optx AW2310 120hz for FPS/ U2713HM 1440p IPS for other games
#7CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 7/30/2014 12:41:50 PM
Links_Big_Key posted...
KMacz31 posted...

Basically, Amazon was unhappy that 3DS was selling so poorly. Nintendo would not take the hardware back, or allow Amazon to sell it at a discount to move units. Amazon then demanded Nintendo give them the same discount that they gave Walmart, which Nintendo refused.

It didn't help that original 3DS systems screens got scratched easily when the clamshell was closed, so Amazon was losing even money on returns for the relatively few consoles they actually managed to sell.

Forgot about that half of it.

TBH though, I think the screen thing was not a legit reason. I mean, Im sure there were SOME returns, but they were probably just bolstering their argument. The 3DS didn't get scratched screens, it was imprints from the frame of the bottom screen that developed over time. I doubt Amazon actually had many returns over it.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#8Zero280Posted 7/30/2014 12:45:01 PM
http://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-Black-3DS-XL/dp/B00E1A1SP6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406753065&sr=8-1&keywords=nintendo+3ds

amazon.ca still has them lol
---
3DS Friend Code 5069-3942-1786
#9SSJ4CHRISPosted 7/30/2014 12:46:32 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Links_Big_Key posted...
KMacz31 posted...

Forgot about that half of it.

TBH though, I think the screen thing was not a legit reason. I mean, Im sure there were SOME returns, but they were probably just bolstering their argument. The 3DS didn't get scratched screens, it was imprints from the frame of the bottom screen that developed over time. I doubt Amazon actually had many returns over it.

I can't believe drones keep trying to spread that lie, must less continue to believe it themselves.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#10EvilcrachittPosted 7/30/2014 12:48:53 PM
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
KMacz31 posted...

Walmart.

Nintendo gave walmart an exclusive price drop for the 3DS, to pilot the new price before making it 100% official.
Amazon wanted to be the first to sell it at the lower price.

I remember that. I got the ambassador program at a reduced price thanks to Wal-Mart
---
"You can't be racist against whites because they're in power/have privilege."
-Killua553