I wish Amazon would go back to directly selling Nintendo hardware

#11DiscostewSMPosted 7/30/2014 1:49:43 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
CHAINMAILLEKID posted...
Links_Big_Key posted...
KMacz31 posted...
What happened between N and Amazon?

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/3ds-xl-amazon.452616918/#post-465007728

Basically, Amazon was unhappy that 3DS was selling so poorly. Nintendo would not take the hardware back, or allow Amazon to sell it at a discount to move units. Amazon then demanded Nintendo give them the same discount that they gave Walmart, which Nintendo refused.

It didn't help that original 3DS systems screens got scratched easily when the clamshell was closed, so Amazon was losing even money on returns for the relatively few consoles they actually managed to sell.

Forgot about that half of it.

TBH though, I think the screen thing was not a legit reason. I mean, Im sure there were SOME returns, but they were probably just bolstering their argument. The 3DS didn't get scratched screens, it was imprints from the frame of the bottom screen that developed over time. I doubt Amazon actually had many returns over it.

I can't believe drones keep trying to spread that lie, must less continue to believe it themselves.

So you actually think the two screens scratched against each other, even though the bottom screen was not sticking out like the frame it was behind?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#12KurenoPosted 7/30/2014 1:50:49 PM
I could've swore they got over that and were selling hardware again some months ago. Maybe not, then.
---
List of things that don't matter on GFAQs: Japan, sales, reviews, released games, upcoming games, censorship that doesn't involve asses and/or little girls.
#13X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/30/2014 2:12:24 PM
In relation to the scratched screens, it definitely was the raised border of the bottom screen that caused the imperfections on the top screen. I have a launch 3DS and the marks line up perfectly. There are a fair amount of videos on youtube showing the issue so it's definitely not just down to people lying about it.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4
#14DiscostewSMPosted 7/30/2014 2:14:09 PM
X_Ste_90_X posted...
In relation to the scratched screens, it definitely was the raised border of the bottom screen that caused the imperfections on the top screen. I have a launch 3DS and the marks line up perfectly. There are a fair amount of videos on youtube showing the issue so it's definitely not just down to people lying about it.

I had a launch 3DS, and it did do that, but I also made sure to put a screen protector on the top screen long before the problem showed up.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#15X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/30/2014 2:20:28 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...

I had a launch 3DS, and it did do that, but I also made sure to put a screen protector on the top screen long before the problem showed up.

I didn't get a screen protector, I find them too daunting to put on lol. Mine isn't as severe as some I've seen, mine is only visible if the console is off and in direct light tbh.

I've seen people here before denying that the issue existed though so I just thought I'd add my 2 Cents before any of them showed up.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4