Why haven't we seen a true TTYD sequel yet?

#11Juju_Architect_Posted 7/30/2014 4:05:12 PM
ANMAnation posted...
_Luiginator_ posted...
"If it ain't broke, break it trying to fix it."
-Nintendo's motto

Trolling, but true

Funny because people have been complaining Zelda is always the same thing since OoT. And NSMB is a rehash of itself. And that Mario 3D Land/World are rehash. And that 3D Land rehashed Galaxy levels. And that Pokemon is always the same thing. And Yoshi's New Island is a rehash. And DKCR is totally not a revisit of DKC. Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Triple Deluxe are also clearly not like traditional Kirby games at all.

Nintendo "breaks it" once and people start talking as if that's the norm...
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
#12Street_Overlord(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2014 4:14:13 PM
@SegavsCapcom

That gave me an idea. What if they made a Paper Mario game chronicling the story Luigi tells Mario in TTYD? He had all kinds of partners and they went on all sorts of adventures. That would be awesome!
#13Bahamut_10thPosted 7/30/2014 4:16:15 PM
Street_Overlord posted...
@SegavsCapcom

That gave me an idea. What if they made a Paper Mario game chronicling the story Luigi tells Mario in TTYD? He had all kinds of partners and they went on all sorts of adventures. That would be awesome!

You're a genius. What an original idea! If only other gamefaqs users had thought of it and made topics about it...
---
The Rolling Western deserves a big budget sequel. People who agree: 6
#14Granadico_Posted 7/30/2014 4:16:33 PM
Street_Overlord posted...
@SegavsCapcom

I know many people have wanted that game, including me.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#15xxxxxnPosted 7/30/2014 4:22:43 PM
I'm patiently waiting for Nintendo to hopefully announce a new Paper Mario game that doesn't play like Sticker Star to be announced next year at e3. Even if it plays like Super Paper Mario I would be okay with that because in that game you at least got exp points and it had an actual story unlike Sticker Star.

Sigh, at least after the disappointment that was Sticker Star, Mario and Luigi Dream Team came out shortly after.
#16R_HunterPosted 7/30/2014 4:31:59 PM
_Luiginator_ posted...
-Nintendo's motto

Blame the fans. SPM took TTYD which had a grand story, and turned it into a RPG platformer with a grander story. Most say it was good, but certain aspects were weak (the flip ability, pixels being subpar replacements for partners..)

How did the fans react? They trashed it. They panned it. They claimed it ate their families.

Miyamoto then went to IS and suggested toning down the story since it too was panned by the fans at the time. Nintendo also suggested not adding so many unique characters.

That's all they did. IS still could have used the established Mario characters like Yoshi, the Wario Bros, Birdo, and the others. They chose not to. They could have included a better story, even if a lighter one. They chose not to. They could have made the puzzles better, or the humor...

You see where i'm going with this. IS bears the larger share of the fault since it was their hurdle to overcome and they did not even try.

But at the core, it falls to those that whined about SPM. It was thanks to them that we got the direction that eventually turned into SS.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
I claim my time is valuable. I visit GF. I was wrong.
#17RolanberryPosted 7/30/2014 4:44:35 PM
R_Hunter posted...
_Luiginator_ posted...
-Nintendo's motto

Blame the fans. SPM took TTYD which had a grand story, and turned it into a RPG platformer with a grander story. Most say it was good, but certain aspects were weak (the flip ability, pixels being subpar replacements for partners..)

How did the fans react? They trashed it. They panned it. They claimed it ate their families.

Miyamoto then went to IS and suggested toning down the story since it too was panned by the fans at the time. Nintendo also suggested not adding so many unique characters.

That's all they did. IS still could have used the established Mario characters like Yoshi, the Wario Bros, Birdo, and the others. They chose not to. They could have included a better story, even if a lighter one. They chose not to. They could have made the puzzles better, or the humor...

You see where i'm going with this. IS bears the larger share of the fault since it was their hurdle to overcome and they did not even try.

But at the core, it falls to those that whined about SPM. It was thanks to them that we got the direction that eventually turned into SS.

Well...yea basically this. Sometimes Nintendo listens to much to their fans and change things. To bad for Nintendo nothing will ever make their fans happy.
#18_Luiginator_Posted 7/30/2014 4:44:45 PM
R_Hunter posted...
_Luiginator_ posted...
-Nintendo's motto

No, it falls to Miyamoto because he demanded they change the game for being too much like TTYD.

I.E., before he got his hands on it it was the game everybody wanted.
#19RavagedSanctityPosted 7/30/2014 4:54:45 PM(edited)
It wasn't just Miyamoto. I believe they actually cited Club Nintendo surveys of Super Paper Mario as a reason to axe the story.

Whether that's true or not, I hope everyone filled out those Sticker Star surveys in a serious and sincere manner.
#20_Luiginator_Posted 7/30/2014 4:56:49 PM
RavagedSanctity posted...
It wasn't just Miyamoto. I believe they actually cited Club Nintendo surveys of Super Paper Mario as a reason to axe the story.

Whether that's true or not, fill out those surveys seriously, guys.

That just reeks to me of an excuse. They don't want to admit Miyamoto wrecked the game, so they're trying to pretend it's what Club Nintendo said they wanted.