for the next paper mario game, which type of combat system should it use?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. for the next paper mario game, which type of combat system should it use?
11 months ago#1
well? - Results (86 votes)
64/thousand year door
86.05% (74 votes)
super paper mario
6.98% (6 votes)
sticker star
1.16% (1 votes)
something entirely new
5.81% (5 votes)
This poll is now closed.
deleted my original topic by accident. I want something traditional like 64/ttyd.
---
3DS FC: 3351 - 4223 - 6174 ign: Paul, Shiny value 689
and the search for a new sign continues..... - . -
11 months ago#2
That's what everyone has wanted since TTYD
11 months ago#3
64/TTYD. No contest.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your sig.
My new book: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ILILYW6
11 months ago#4
64/TTYD, though I also want some of the great ideas from Sticker Star to return too, such as the multiple death animations for enemies, varied battle grounds that affect Mario and enemies, and Perfect Bonuses.
---
Yes, this is real music!
11 months ago#5
64/TTYD although you can take ideas from SPM, and the three and only three that come from SS.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
I claim my time is valuable. I visit GF. I was wrong.
11 months ago#6
The battle system should be built off of the foundation of the one from the first two games, meaning:
- Simple numeric values.
- Flower Points.
- Badges with Badge Points.
- Partners.
- Distinction between items and "normal" attacks.
- Tactics.
- Varied action commands.
- Probably auto-regerating Star Points

IS could work off of the core fundamentals and come up with new ideas that flow well with what was previously established. They could also tweak previous elements that were flawed.

StephenYap3 posted...
64/TTYD, though I also want some of the great ideas from Sticker Star to return too, such as the multiple death animations for enemies, varied battle grounds that affect Mario and enemies, and Perfect Bonuses.

- While I would like to see the audience system return, I could see some interesting environmental elements being implemented. Stuff like the Goomnut tree in the Goomba King battle, or the fog from TTYD (but less annoying).
- But preferably a lot more developed, meaning you get ranked after each battle (we've discussed this before).
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
11 months ago#7
wiiking96 posted...
- While I would like to see the audience system return, I could see some interesting environmental elements being implemented. Stuff like the Goomnut tree in the Goomba King battle, or the fog from TTYD (but less annoying).

I thought the audience system was a great idea, but I'd rather see them limited to areas where it makes sense to have them in, such as the Glitz Pit. And to elaborate, I really liked Sticker Star's battle ground effects better because whereas TTYD's stage hazards were...just stage hazards, SS's battle grounds had a larger impact to battles to the point where Mario could take damage as he takes his sweet time choosing a sticker, as well as other things, depending on where he is fighting. To top it off, a water-based Thing Sticker could be used to prevent this for the battle.

- But preferably a lot more developed, meaning you get ranked after each battle (we've discussed this before).

Yeah, I forgot about that. Sorry.
---
Yes, this is real music!
11 months ago#8
Are you serious?
---
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gent, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?
11 months ago#9
Guns. Everything is better with guns.

/s
---
GameFAQs Mods...lol
11 months ago#10
Wow somebody actually voted for Sticker Star

Obviously it was a troll, but even still, just think how deranged you'd have to be to do that
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. for the next paper mario game, which type of combat system should it use?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived