for the next paper mario game, which type of combat system should it use?

#11wiiking96Posted 7/30/2014 6:08:28 PM
StephenYap3 posted...
thought the audience system was a great idea, but I'd rather see them limited to areas where it makes sense to have them in, such as the Glitz Pit.

Well, turn-based battle themselves don't really make sense, especially in the context of enemies like Boos, so the audience system is sort of an extension of what. When you play a turn-based RPG, you just roll with the idea that battle participants take turns. The audience kind of works in the same way. For a series as lighthearted and odd as Paper Mario, it's even easier to accept.

And to elaborate, I really liked Sticker Star's battle ground effects better because whereas TTYD's stage hazards were...just stage hazards, SS's battle grounds had a larger impact to battles to the point where Mario could take damage as he takes his sweet time choosing a sticker, as well as other things, depending on where he is fighting. To top it off, a water-based Thing Sticker could be used to prevent this for the battle.

My ideas are things like the floor becoming slippery, potentially causing attacks that are initiated by walking to fail, and fierce winds that have effects on all participants in varying ways. Basically, stuff that could be feasibly work with a stage as the battle field. There would be ways to deal with these types of elements and even use them to your advantage, increasing the variety in battle and strategic potential.

However, one way to have more varied environments for the battle field would be to have to the Audience only appear on the Game Pad, as if they exist in a sort of pocket dimension. That would allow the battles to reflect the areas that you explore in interesting ways.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#12The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/30/2014 7:34:59 PM
"Something Entirely New" was the main problem Sticker Star had. Not that it can't work. But I think everyone would like a return to old for the next one (Just, have a refreshing new story and World as well... that was the other problem of Sticker Star.)
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#13Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/30/2014 7:36:29 PM
I'll quote what I said in another Paper Mario topic.

Pink_a_Dink posted...
I want a Paper Mario game that plays like Super Mario RPG, where you get 2 partners instead of 1 from a big list of character that can be swapped out whenever you want outside of battle. And it'd play like a mixture of both games, having combat like SMRPG and badges like Paper Mario.

---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#14sumostickfigurePosted 7/30/2014 8:10:13 PM
I don't really care, to be honest. I don't play Paper Mario games for the combat systems.
---
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif