WiiU has been crushing the PS4 almost every week*, why isn't it getting JRPGs?!

#31CubeTVPosted 7/31/2014 12:47:40 AM
If the Wii U would just have a 3DS Player like the SNES/GCN did, then I'd be fine with the 3DS getting all the RPGs.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#32suzukimatsuiPosted 7/31/2014 1:00:57 AM
NickTheBlitz posted...
Yami_Sasha posted...
well 3DS does far better than Vita yet Vita gets a lot of RPGs that the 3DS doesn't...

Like what, though? Alright, Vita has Persona 4G and FFX/-2... and then? We're only counting JRPGs here, since this conversation is in the context of Japan. And I genuinely can't think of any other JRPGs on the Vita. Does Ys count, or is that an ARPG? From what I gather, the Vita is mainly a PS3 port and Monster Hunter-clone machine. And that last part isn't necessarily a bad thing--I'm addicted to God Eater.

But the fact of the matter is the Wii U continues to get the shaft in the third party department. I can understand the hate from the Western devs, since they make over budgeted, photo realistic graphics that need the extra horsepower. But TC makes a fair point: the U has consistently outsold the PS3/4 for a significant amount of time. You'd think someone would announce a JRPG or two. If at least a port.

There are many you are not listing. You are just listing the ones that everyone knows of

Super Robot Taisen Z3
Legend of Heroes
Atelier Series
At No Surge
Tales of Series
#33darkphiresagePosted 7/31/2014 1:47:47 AM
suzukimatsui posted...
NickTheBlitz posted...
Yami_Sasha posted...
well 3DS does far better than Vita yet Vita gets a lot of RPGs that the 3DS doesn't...

Like what, though? Alright, Vita has Persona 4G and FFX/-2... and then? We're only counting JRPGs here, since this conversation is in the context of Japan. And I genuinely can't think of any other JRPGs on the Vita. Does Ys count, or is that an ARPG? From what I gather, the Vita is mainly a PS3 port and Monster Hunter-clone machine. And that last part isn't necessarily a bad thing--I'm addicted to God Eater.

But the fact of the matter is the Wii U continues to get the shaft in the third party department. I can understand the hate from the Western devs, since they make over budgeted, photo realistic graphics that need the extra horsepower. But TC makes a fair point: the U has consistently outsold the PS3/4 for a significant amount of time. You'd think someone would announce a JRPG or two. If at least a port.

There are many you are not listing. You are just listing the ones that everyone knows of

Super Robot Taisen Z3
Legend of Heroes
Atelier Series
At No Surge
Tales of Series

I'm lookin forward to tales of hearts, sword art online, natural doctrine and HDN rebirth. Prolly cop disgaea 4 as well down the line just to have the whole series on my vita, but I haven't finished 3 yet.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#34ElectricMolePosted 7/31/2014 2:31:09 AM

nobody else sees how silly the topic title is? You think games will start flooding in from nowhere because of a few weeks of good sales?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#35jon davisPosted 7/31/2014 3:53:16 AM
ElectricMole posted...

nobody else sees how silly the topic title is? You think games will start flooding in from nowhere because of a few weeks of good sales?

His topic back fired, he wanted people to argue about the sales numbers he posted but instead they are discussing the current state of JRPGs!
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#36Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/3/2014 4:14:14 PM
StriderVM posted...
The main problem is currently JRPGs are (According to the developers) are a very niche market. Which means since all 3 major platforms arein it's infancy. They won't develop for them. They will be more content to release them in portables or mobile phones.

It's killing consoles...... :(